babys hospital bag????

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
with reguards to packing for the baby..... what clothes is everybody taking, size wise????
Im looking around shops but do i go by weight of the baby e.g 6lb to 11lb or by age 0- 3 months.
I cant remember what i took for ellie but i knnow they were a bit small some things lol

Ive had quite a few sleep suits given to me (some 2nd hand) so im taking a range of about 6 or 7 . They range from newborn/tiny baby to ones upto 8lb. Ive packed a few scratch mitts a couple of hats and an all in one newborn upto 10lbs to go home in. Its difficult when you have no idea how big baby will be!

Claire x

I have packed

3x 0-3 vests
3x 0-3 sleepsuits
3x scratch mitts (I assume they are newborn or one size)
3x hats (I think these are newborn too)
1x going home outfit 0-3

I suspect by the size of my bump I am harbouring a biff baby in there. Also my midwife says it is unlikely I will have less than an 8lber so I haven't wasted my money buying newborn clothes :D

My son was 8lb 11 (so quite a biff lol) but most of his clothes were too big on him, even his newborn stuff. So I'm not going to take any 0-3mos stuff at all, it's all newborn. I think I've packed 3 vests and sleepsuits and a going home outfit.

Personally I think the 0-3 months is to big for newborns (I recently bought a 0-3 month outfit and it looks huge in comparison to the newborn stuff) - unless you know you're having a BIG baby! And by that I mean well over 10 / 11lbs.
I got a few newborn things but to be honest I think that will even be to big, my first born was 7lbs 1oz, we've been told that we're having a girl which they say is suppose to be smaller so god knows but either way baba will be wearing something even if it is a bit too big, besides they grow soooo fast!

Dx

Daggers said:
Personally I think the 0-3 months is to big for newborns (I recently bought a 0-3 month outfit and it looks huge in comparison to the newborn stuff) - unless you know you're having a BIG baby! And by that I mean well over 10 / 11lbs.

I agree! I have packed all newborn sizes! My largest baby was my daughter Lucy at 8lb 9oz and she worn newborn for a good few weeks! Couple of months even!

:think: hmm methinks I need some newborn babygrows..everyones got me 0-3 months.
Ah well, any excuse to buy stuff!! :D

I am hoping for slightly smaller than a 11lber :shock: However I am going to stick with the 0-3 size stuff, as he'll grow into it. Also I am hoping to use reusable nappies so need extra room in the vests and outfits for a bulkier nappy. Besides I don't think he'll care that his clothes swamp him at first :)

even newborn stuff comes in different sizes, up to 7lb (wouldnt even bother buying it unless you are likely to have a baby under full term) up to 10lb and some makes up to 11lb which is what i tend to go for as i have hippos not babies :D

I've packed 3 vests and 3 sleepsuits. 1 of each for tiny baby, newborn and a 0 - 3 months.

I can remember when my neice was born at just under 6lb and all the tiny baby stuff that's meant for 'tiny babies' totally swamped her. We ended up having to buy her dolls clothes for the first couple of weeks until she could fit in the tiny baby clothes :shock:

I know my baby will probably be a bigun but I've only bought a few items of the tiny baby range and most of the stuff I've got is either newborn or 0-3 months. I'm hoping that will last it for the first few months at least.

If I were you, I'd take quite a few vests and sleepsuits in different sizes. Evie is very small and fits in "early/tiny baby" size but nothing bigger! I had to roll everything up and the clothes were far too big for her! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back