Baby Massage & other Baby Classes

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
I went to my first Baby Massage class on Friday and I wasnt impressed.

The massage itself was ok but one of the main reasons for going was to meet other mums. There was 1 other mum there who had been once before when her baby was 1 month old, her baby is now 5 months old so I dont think she will be going again in a hurry. Next week it will probably be me & the teacher!!! Plus theres only another 2 lessons as it only runs during term time so I will have to wait till the 6 weeks holidays have finished to start again.

I looked online to see if there are any others in my area but nothing, not even private classes.

All the other classes in my aea are term time only as well, im really disappointed, I wanted to go and meet other people and have fun with my baby.

Sorry moan over just really p***ed off that I hae to wait 6 weeks before I can drive then when I can get out and about all the blooming classes I wanted to attend are finishing.

Have you tried your local library? They do free weekly baby classes and are normaly packed with mums and babies!

thats a shame :hug: :hug:
thats the drawback of a summer baby, most groups dont start back till Aug / Sept.

Have you tried contacting the local council, they might have parent and pre 5 fun days on.

Do you have a surestart near you?

Im starting baby massage soon with DD there is a waiting list in my area as its so popular.

I'm starting a 3 weeks free baby massage course tomorrow morning at 10am :)

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

I havent tried the local library so will go and see if theres anything on offer.

I have checked the council but they only offer surestart which is the class I have already been to and was disappointed.

May be a case of having to wait till after the 6 weeks.

do surestart not operate in your area??

We have them and they run lots of classes, postnatal groups, breastfeeding etc.

1sttimemum said:
do surestart not operate in your area??

We have them and they run lots of classes, postnatal groups, breastfeeding etc.

Yes the baby massage class I went to last week was run by sure start, but I wasnt impressed as I mentioned in the first post.

really??? :shock: :shock:

The ones i go to are surestart too and theres ten of us in our postnatal group & it runs for 5 weeks.

?Could you not complain?

1sttimemum said:
really??? :shock: :shock:

The ones i go to are surestart too and theres ten of us in our postnatal group & it runs for 5 weeks.

?Could you not complain?

Suppose I could complain but im not sure what good it would do, I mean they cant make people attend they can only advertise and hope people turn up.

I am still waiting for a phonecall from HV about baby massage, they were looking for premises to run it, but haven't heard back yet :(

Surestart is really good they have all kinds of groups and classes etc.

sorry to hear it didnt go too well.

My hv's organise 6 weeks of free baby massage for all the girls who were in my antenatal group.

I had my first class last week, but logie didnt get a massage as he decided he wanted a feed just as I took his clothes off to start! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back