Baby Led Weaning

Sounds good, but my grandad was bf. Though he would have been early weaned as that was the advice 50 odd years ago, so that could have something to do with it :?

Thats quite a good question about the gluten free things. My hubby has crohns disease an has a wheat etc intolerance so it is possible that Ruby could get it. My hubby tried the gluten free bread and said it was horrible but do i go for it with Ruby? I guess its better to be safe than sorry but then am I going OTT incase shes fine with it?

Roo
xxxxxxxxxxx

As there is a close history of wheat intolerence it would be best to avoid for a while - I think that the recommeded age is 9 months. Definately check with your HV. Ella really enjoys the wheat free bread - why don't you just try some with Ruby and see how she gets on? At least if you don't give it to her at the moment then you aren't risking her and her digestive system will be more mature and able to deal with it better in a couple of months :D

Very true. Must go out shopping tomorrow.
HV came today and said that Ruby is a bit young for finger foods yet, but she did suggest giving her some sort of finger food and then slipping the spoon in aswell. Ill see how it goes tomorrow.
Just got back from Lakeside and bought her a high chair. Cant wait to get her in it.

Roo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought 6 minths was when your meant to introduce finger foods? Im aure most packets say from 6 months, or is it 7 months?

In the study they did on BLW they gave them to babies from 4 months, but found that although they could pick them up and put them in their mouth, they didn't actually chew or eat anything til near 6 months. At around 6 months babies have got the ability to pick up, bite and chew foods and swallow them :)

Rubie loves feeding herself. So far she has had a banana, a pear, some toast and a rusk (sugar and gluten free) :D

aw, does she get in a right mess. Seren gets covered and it is amazng where rice cake ends up.

Coverred???????

OMG I had to bath her after a banana!! And my mums sofa used to be blue but now it's yellow!!! :lol:

LOL @ Kim Bless.

Well Ruby's first day in her high chair went.............not bad. She still refused her lunch and turned her head away the minute the spoon went near her. So I gave up AGAIN!!!!!
Then tonight I chopped up some banana placed on the tray and also had some sweet potato & mince on a spoon. She had trouble picking up the banana, kept dropping it everywhere. She turned her head away from the spoon again and then out of nowhere she opened her mouth and came towards the spoon. I was sooooooooooooooo happy and couldnt stop saying good girl well done!!!!! She then went on to finish the bowl. Im only hoping this carries on. Fingers crossed for breakfast!!!!!

Roo
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kim said:
Coverred???????

OMG I had to bath her after a banana!! And my mums sofa used to be blue but now it's yellow!!! :lol:

am thinking of feeding her in the bath to cut out the middle bit of carrying her up there anyway.

Great news rooander, hope it carries on. I find that Seren prefers the banana if I just cut it in half, then she can get a good handful but still be able to chomp down on the ends.

Good idea. It was quite amusing seeing her trying to pick up these slippery bits of banana and then sqeezing them between her fingers.

She also like toast and butter. But she has this funny knack of wrapping the toast around her thumb and then sucking her thumb.

Ive bought some pears, necterines, carrots & brocolli today. Going to try them and see what happens.

Roo
xxxxxxxxxxxx

my fave is when Seren squeezes on the banana and it goes shooting across the room as it is so slippery lol. Pears are a fave, necterines not so well recieved. Let us know how you get on :D

Well I think Im going to slowly go mad!!!!
Ruby kicked up such a fuss at lunch time that I had give up. Id got her mince & sweet potato as she liked it last night and a kiwi. She screamed every time the spoon went near her mouth but she did enjoy sucking on the kiwi.
Then tonight I tryed to give her a yoghurt and she literally screamed the place down!!!! I dont know what to do. Seriously. Its driving me mad. Why wont she take any food, all she seems to want is milk!!!!!
Please help

Roo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ella's still on all milk, but she has her finger type foods to get the hang of eating. Today she had a couple of rice cakes when we had breakfast and a peeled banana broke in half. I find it a lot less stressful letting her set the pace, if she's hungry she'll eat it, if not she just plays with it.

I was getting stressed out thinking I needed to get the food into her but you domn't. Are you still breastfeeding? If so Ruby will be getting plenty of iron from your milk. Seeing as the kiwi was a sucess let her have fruits and steamed veggies to chomp on, or rice cakes and let her go at her own pace xx

ps how was alton towers Rosie??

ps how was alton towers Rosie??
Tiring, got back about 9.45pm. Ella was up every 2 hours in the night and we had the room neighbours from hell. She was a right 'faker' ;) But Air was great and Rita was fantastic! Definately blew away the cobwebs!!

lol @ the faker

Rita is class, I would post my pic but it is not for public viewings as it would scare small children. I look petrified, was not prepared for how fast it went staright away. Glad you had a good day, Ella was probably excited about going to the theme park :D

Rita is class, I would post my pic but it is not for public viewings as it would scare small children
oh go on! post it!

i'm too much of a wimp for alton towers. i'd probably end up riding the teacups :lol: last year my friends all went to AT for the end of season fireworks show, i was about months pregnant so i said i didn't want to go as i wouldn't be allowed on any of the rides anyway and it would be a waste of money. secretly i was pleased! lmao at my own wimpiness!

anyways, back to the topic: who was it that had the baby safe feeder and is it any good? i think ruben might like it, he can chew on refrigerated fruit for his sore gums!

Urchin has the feeder, she really recommends it :D

no that photo is not being shown :shakehead: its for your own good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back