Baby Led Weaning

:doh: Forgot to say that I love the photos! Particularly the top two :lol:

I am loving watching her eat, especially when I am eating something and she wants some. This is great fun :D

do they have to have teeth to eat foods like this? ella has none yet

Seren has no teeth either. She chomps on the food with her gums, and whilst she does spit most of it out, she is starting to swallow some.

do you have to soften them first? like the carrot etc if she doesn't have teeth? x

The carrot she is chewing on in that photo is raw as I thought her gums were hurting her but I am planning when she is 6 months to steam them for a min so they are softer. The pear and the banana are soft, and the rice cakes melt (and taste so good).

oh yeh i forgot you can give them carrot when they are teething. are they baby rice cakes? :think:

Boots baby rice cakes are great, they do them in Tescos aswell. Ella has cooked veggies, but I cut them into managable strips. But she has raw fruit like apple, pear etc. She has her bread (the gluten/wheat free stuff) toasted or normal, she really enjoys that.

omg! You lot are braver than I am. I havent given Isaac anything other than pureed food. I'm scared to give him anything to chew on :(

Ladies Im so confused about this feeding lark. Ive tried Ruby on baby rice, pureed carrots, pureed apple & pear and petit flios but hse hated taking it off the spoon, in fact its like she doesnt want it at all.
If I give her a rusk she'll happily chomp away on it. My HV seems to think that I should wait another couple of days and then try again but everytime I try again Ruby is still not interested.
Should I just try and give her finger foods? I feel like Im hitting a brick wall with this feeding business as shes not interested.
Please help.

xxxxxxxxx

Ella hates being spoonfed and I don't enjoy it either TBH. The only way I can stop her grabbing the spoon would be to hold her arm down which almost seems like force feeding.

Ruby is ready for finger foods, don't worry about the purees. At this age introducing solids is about tastes and textures. It's so much more fun to give your bub a piece of fruit or rice cake and watch them explore it with their hands and mouth. Well it is for us anyway, and a lot less stressful!

There are a few resources out there, have you read the link on page 1 or 2? That's really good to start with :D

Good luck, let us know how you get on. I know that BLW is the way forward for Ella and I :)

Thanks rosieroo Ive just had a look at it. Just been talking about it with hubby and think your right Ruby obviously wants to be in control of her feeding so Im off out tomorrow to buy a high chair, Ive been using the car seat but if finger foods are the way to go....so its time to spend more money again. LOL

Ive got the HV coming tomorrow as well for Rubys 6 month check. That should be fun.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rooander, I have found the same thing with Seren (as I was telling Kina earlier on). Seren shows no interest in purees apart from breakfast. Some days she will take a bit but others just clamps her mouth shut. However since starting BLW she is chomping on foods and just enjoying having them. Tonight she had pear and necterine (most of which ended up on the table). She isn't eating much of it but is just playing around with it and exploring it. Ruby will be getting all she needs through her milk.

It's so much more fun to give your bub a piece of fruit or rice cake and watch them explore it with their hands and mouth. Well it is for us anyway, and a lot less stressful!

Completely agree, can't wait to start Seren on little toast soldiers :D

I know I may sound thick but whats BLW?

I bet its really obvious but I cant work it out.

Roo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sorry, its baby led weaning :D

Kina, have you given Ella brocolli yet? Am thinking of trying her again with it but this time let her handle it instead of me mushing it up and see if she prefers that. But not sure if I can do that yet or if I can how I should do it. Do I just give them the stem steamed or the floret too??

Brocolli you can give cooked or raw, and the whole thing. Then Seren can hold onto the stalk, perfect finger food. However.....Ella let it touch her lip, gave the most disgusted look and promptly threw it down :lol:

Completely agree, can't wait to start Seren on little toast soldiers
I told you about her bread didn't I. Ella really enjoys her little soldiers. DH tried some of the bread and said it tasted like cake :lol: I thought that as it was free of pretty much everything it would be minging! I know the HV said that she can have normal bread but he didn't ask me about any history of gluten intolerence, and as my grandad has seriously bad allergies to gluten I am not going to risk it just yet.

haha we have already seen how Seren looks with brocolli.

From what I remember gluton free bread was the rankest thing I ever tasted but this was 20+ years ago mind so it may have improved. I was concerned about allergies and asked about it today and was given this link which I found interresting (though not completely conclusive) clicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back