Weaning- I'm struggling and need your help!!

Annie050408

Reaction score
Ok so Ella is cows milk protein intolerant so basically can't have anything with milk in. My problem is that i've tried puréeing food- she won't eat it, I've tried jars, she eats them and then brings lots of it up in the hours following. I've tried mashing up potato and giving her mixed veg cut up for her to grab and eat and while she looks like she is eating it, she puts it in and chomps on it but it just falls out again.

Things she will eat-
baby cereal 7 month +
Any fruit purée
Rusks
Baby crisps

Other than that I'm at a loss as to what to try....

Any ideas?!

Have you tried Puree'd Spag Bol or anything like that? Tegan is Lactose intolerant so Im in a similar situation, have you tried alpro soya yogurts? Tegan loves them! x

I have tried them but Ella seemed to hate them :( also I have 2 blenders but they just don't seem to get the right consistency. I just wish I could give her dairylea on toast other normal food like the other baby's are eating.

It might be that shes just not interested in food yet. Paiges cousin who is 3 weeks older than her has only 'got into food' in the last month of so, and would only really eat rusks before then. Just keep offering different types of food and see how she goes.

Shes still getting milk so I wouldnt worry about getting nutrients just yet (just keep the milk coming!) and she'll get there eventually. Every baby is different so it really could just be a case of her not enjoying it at the moment. :hug:

Have you tried the organix snacks? Isla enjoys those x

Maybe like has been said she's not interested just yet?? J has a cows milk intolerant (he's 7 months) and has, mash, peas, carrots -any fruit or veg pureed and lumpier now) pasta, bread, fruit and vegs sticks, basically anything we're having! We had to be really careful as we suspect he has a gluten intolerance as well so triple check EVERYTHING we give him!! If we r unsure we don't do it... Maybe try giving her whole foods like carrot sticks instead of purEes so she can play first!! X

The weaning lady at baby group also said it can take 17 times before a baby decides they like something! Tegan also loves whole pieces of pasta and organix rice cakes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back