Baby blues?

megsmeadow

Reaction score
So at what point do the baby blues become PND? I thought that by now my hormones might have settled enough but I could still cry at the drop of a hat although, sometimes overwhelmingly so. I love my boy to bits and my OH, family and friends are very supportive but I just can't help but worry about everything!!

I'd imagine things are still very up in the air at this point hun, it takes a good few weeks for hormones to settle down. My HV done a postnatal depression questionairre on me when lo was 8 weeks :)

I did the questionare at 8 weeks too. I think by that point hormones should be settled. Give yourself time hun, having a new baby is overwhelming and its natural to worry. I hope you feel better soon chick xx

I also did the questionaire at 8 weeks hun. Having a new baby is exciting but such an overwhelming experience isn't it hun? :hug: xx

I felt like this for the first few weeks hunni, it is soooo overwhelming and your probably very tired as well which doesn't help matters.

I did my questionnaire at about 8 weeks too and I was much better by then, I just kept crying at silly things but I wasn't sad or upset really, it was just like I couldn't control it - just sort of came out! I'd be watching something on the telly and it would set me off!I was quite sensitive for the first few weeks too but that soon settled.

I was fed up of peoples asking me whether I had had the 'baby blues' yet, which I just found inappropriate and unnecessary, it really peed me off! I think they were just looking out for me but it was very annoying!

aw don't worry hun, it's still early days!! and if you're aware of how you're feeling that's a good thing! the first couple weeks i was happy but had would cry at the drop of a hat too! but then be fine afterwards. :) and recently i've been a lot happier and stronger than i EVER was, must be the mum instincts kicking in. it is VERY overwhelming having a baby like vix said! xxxx

:hug: MM you are totally normal - I was a total wreck in the first few weeks, I couldnt help but imagine terrible things that could happen to the baby, it was total over-compensation in terms of caring for my baby. I would cry and cry. The news about Baby P had just started to filter out then and when I saw it on the news I could hardly cope with it. Everything took a while to settle but it soon disappeared. Its just such a new and scary time :hug:

God i cried for weeks... over stupid things too. No matter how prepared you are, it is so overwhelming to have this new human in your life created by and totally dependent on you.
My hubby, bless him had no idea really what to say or do, but who could blame him when I didn't know how to make myself better.

It's worth a chat with the doc tho if things don't subside tho xx

Hi Girls,
thanks for your posts, I'm feeling much better now! I still have my worries but what new mum doesn't, definately think my hormones are starting to calm down now. I really don't think anything prepares you for the rollercoaster!!

no it really doesn't! and the rollercoaster just keeps on going, but i think you you just have to get used it to ride! hehe xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back