Babies weight

x_MrsE_x

Reaction score
My midwife said something the other week that got me thinking, she said the babies weight goes by the fathers weight and somehow i dont see how this can be, so wondered what your OH's weight was and your LO's weight, or what your's and your fathers weight was?

My dad was 10lb and i was 5lb 6oz

Not sure on my girls fathers weight but they were 6lb 9oz and 7lb 7oz

OH was 6lb 11oz so she thinks bubs wont be any where near 7lb 7oz :wall2:

Well I can blow that theory out the water with my brothers lil one he was 10lb 9 born and his wife was 9lb 7 and my nephew was born the other week and was 8lb 2!

Me I was 10lb 1 and my dad was 10lb 4!

I was born prem so was 3lb 9 oz. duno about my dads weight or mums when they were born my partners was 3lb 6 oz and he was nearly full term so he was skinny but long :S so who knows but i've been warned I'll have a bigger baby becasue of diabeties x

Strange theory... my midwife reckons parents weight have no link whatsoever to babies possible weight!

I was 9lb 3oz and OH was 6lb 7oz. I dont think this baby will be near either of ours... Im predicting 8lb 1oz.

not heard this theory before but don't think it works really, DH was 9lb 3oz when he was born, i was 7lb 6oz, our little ones have been 6lb 10oz, 6lb 4oz, 4lb 1oz

I don't know what Tim was but I was 7lb 2oz 2weeks early, Lacey was 7lb 7oz 2days late and charley was 8lb 6oz 8days early!

I got told my bump was all baby and baby would be over 9lb!! I was 5lb 12 oz and OH was 7lb 4oz and Harvey was born on his due date at just under 7lb 6oz!!!

Oh I was under the understanding it went down the ladies side, Don't know what my mum was, will have to ask that I should know really!

My sister and I were both 7lb 1, and my sister had a 7lb 1 daughter, and I had 6,11oz, 7lb 2 and 5lb 15 oz, all a little early tho, so works for me

if it goes down the mums side it makes a bit more sense, cos although i was 7lb 6oz my mum was apparently only 5lb 2oz

Thank you for all your replies, i didn't think there was any truth in what she said but did make me wonder lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back