Auntie old ideas rant ...

Hope81

Reaction score
So I got a phone call from my auntie (around 60 years old) my dads sister that leaves in a small farmer village somewhere in the greek countryside...
She wanted to congrats me about the pregnancy and between all she asked me if I knew the gender of the baby.
I told her quite happy that the baby is a girl ( I was very happy to have a little princess) and her reaction puzzled me...
She said sth like awwww it will be ok, as long as she is healthy, don't worry the next one will be a boy, is your oh upset about that???
I know that old peoples traditions and things in old days were like it's a blessing if the first born is a boy and it's ok as long is a healthy baby if it's a girl but excuse me???? I mean I am more than excited for my baby girl and no I am not planning of having one more LO and certainly I am not trying until I get a boy :roll:
I suppose leaving in a small farmer village ( villages in Greece are different than uk villages, they are deserted and the few that still live there are like over 80s with only a handful of younger people living there, no kids and no schools...) Dosent help at all...
But still I mean i got so shocked lol....

Oh heck! I would just brush it off and laugh at her foolishness behind her back! x

I'd definitely just brush that off as a lady who is very set in her ways! Cultural and age differences like that can result in very opinionated people. Just maybe don't tell her you won't be specifically trying for a boy lol xx

As long as you know it's a generation / location thing then I would not take any notice.

Some people still have very old fashioned and outdated views, luckily we don't have to adhere to them hey?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bless her im sure she means well, my mum and dad were the same they wanted a grandson because my sister has 3 girls and 1 boy so they were disappointed when i said i was having a girl! I was like well im over the moon its a girl as i wanted a girl! Families! :roll: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back