***August 2019 Mummies***

Thought you might appreciate this ladies :) I was browsing audible for baby books (as I haven’t even attempted starting the massive one on my bedside table).

1C3E7005-404E-4285-9765-DFF5FC8DB66C.png

I mean, it’s a diverse but unexpected turn.

How is everyone doing symptoms-wise?

So I'm finally less nauseous, but I also switched my prenatals from RainbowOne (a gift from friends who recently had a baby) to my favorite brand NewChapter Organics. The new chapter has fermented forms of the vitamins as well as ginger etc for upset stomach, and my midwife was helpful in pointing out that usually it's the form of iron in the vitamin and where it is broken down (which intestine) that effects additional nausea. The NewChapter is a whole food vitamin as well so they can be taken on an empty stomach which I love, but there's 3 in a day and if I didn't take them on time I was feeling super exhausted. Because I started with those, then switched to the RainbowOne for a month and a half, then back to the NewChapter I'm not sure when I was genuinely nauseous from the baby (especially as the husband and I had a bad flu for a week after Christmas right after we'd found out we were pregnant).
Aside from that I still wake up at 3:30 am no matter when I go to bed, and I seem to sleep better if I have a solid protein a few hours before bed. I'd love to know why. But some of my energy is coming back in the last two weeks (I'm at 14 and a half weeks now)
Oh yeah. and twice a week at least I sneeze and pee myself >_>;

@Katiepie- I'm not sure what the risk assessment is (is it a UK thing?) but I'm sure they shouldn't be sending you someone else's results. As Nikkibiscuit mentioned, they could be doing the work themselves of adjusting an old report. Also I'm a bit lost on what the job has to do with the pregnancy? Here in the US pregnancy is a 'protected class' and basically you can't be treated poorly or differently because of being pregnant, so the idea that work is really involved (other than to inform them but they have to give time off of course) sounds a bit unnerving to me.
@Anna@work- not had a UTI in a while, but keep in mind there has to be blood in your urine for it to be bad enough to be progressing into the bladder. Making your urine acidic will help clear some of that out (but you have to drink lots of cranberry juice). If you're not sure that you have one or not, try the cranberry for a few days and see if you feel better?

Had my 16 week midwife appt yesterday too although was actually 17 weeks yesterday.

Heard the heartbeat which was amazing. Although I'm feeling a little surreal at the moment. I don't think it will kick in until that bump properly appears. Im inflating but still dont feel like I have that bump yet. Midwife says early to feel movement yet to expect them closer to 20 weeks as it's my first.

We ve decided to get our kitchen and bathroom done before baby comes....so God knows what we are letting ourselves in for! But I guess better the mess before we have a little of bundle of joy than trying to do it all at once! Xx

How is everyone doing symptoms-wise?

So I'm finally less nauseous, but I also switched my prenatals from RainbowOne (a gift from friends who recently had a baby) to my favorite brand NewChapter Organics. The new chapter has fermented forms of the vitamins as well as ginger etc for upset stomach, and my midwife was helpful in pointing out that usually it's the form of iron in the vitamin and where it is broken down (which intestine) that effects additional nausea. The NewChapter is a whole food vitamin as well so they can be taken on an empty stomach which I love, but there's 3 in a day and if I didn't take them on time I was feeling super exhausted. Because I started with those, then switched to the RainbowOne for a month and a half, then back to the NewChapter I'm not sure when I was genuinely nauseous from the baby (especially as the husband and I had a bad flu for a week after Christmas right after we'd found out we were pregnant).
Aside from that I still wake up at 3:30 am no matter when I go to bed, and I seem to sleep better if I have a solid protein a few hours before bed. I'd love to know why. But some of my energy is coming back in the last two weeks (I'm at 14 and a half weeks now)
Oh yeah. and twice a week at least I sneeze and pee myself >_>;

@Katiepie- I'm not sure what the risk assessment is (is it a UK thing?) but I'm sure they shouldn't be sending you someone else's results. As Nikkibiscuit mentioned, they could be doing the work themselves of adjusting an old report. Also I'm a bit lost on what the job has to do with the pregnancy? Here in the US pregnancy is a 'protected class' and basically you can't be treated poorly or differently because of being pregnant, so the idea that work is really involved (other than to inform them but they have to give time off of course) sounds a bit unnerving to me.
@Anna@work- not had a UTI in a while, but keep in mind there has to be blood in your urine for it to be bad enough to be progressing into the bladder. Making your urine acidic will help clear some of that out (but you have to drink lots of cranberry juice). If you're not sure that you have one or not, try the cranberry for a few days and see if you feel better?

Hey Elize, it is protected in the uk too, but the employer must make sure you are not exposed to any potentially dangerous working conditions. In my normal pre pregnancy job, I am based in the office only 50% of the time, the rest of it I am out in the field. I have high level confined spaces training and working at height training, and am expected to maul around very heavy equipment and work long days. As well as work in sewage plants, and the occasional sewer. I’m not against doing fieldwork and have been doing light duties, but there are obvious risks in pregnancy.

I still haven’t seen a risk assessment, and although they are ‘playing nicely’ it does worry me that they will try and push their luck, which is pretty common. I told them on the 3rd of Jan and since then I’ve had to fight being sent to Scotland for a week, Ireland for a week, and down a sewer for a few km trek. heard the managing director making jokes about me “not being capable” the other week because of it.

Had my 16 week midwife appt yesterday too although was actually 17 weeks yesterday.

Heard the heartbeat which was amazing. Although I'm feeling a little surreal at the moment. I don't think it will kick in until that bump properly appears. Im inflating but still dont feel like I have that bump yet. Midwife says early to feel movement yet to expect them closer to 20 weeks as it's my first.

We ve decided to get our kitchen and bathroom done before baby comes....so God knows what we are letting ourselves in for! But I guess better the mess before we have a little of bundle of joy than trying to do it all at once! Xx

Just got back from mine too nikkibiscuit :) it was so great to hear the heart beat, I have to admit there was a little voice in my head saying “this is madness, there’s no baby, you’re just getting fat”. :D

We rent at the moment and have decided to buy somewhere pre baby, considering putting an offer in on a place that *ahem* needs some work...

Just got back from mine too nikkibiscuit :) it was so great to hear the heart beat, I have to admit there was a little voice in my head saying “this is madness, there’s no baby, you’re just getting fat”. :D

We rent at the moment and have decided to buy somewhere pre baby, considering putting an offer in on a place that *ahem* needs some work...

Ooo exciting times Katie. We had a complete doer upper for our first house in Leeds.....then we moved up to Newcastle and were glad to buy something livable lol. But we have been here 5 years now and so bathroom and kitchen are tiring and we have been lucky enough to have a little help from family at least for some of the cost so it seems like now or never! Otherwise I think we will get wrapped up in the new baby and it will never get done.

We are having quotes this weeks to have both our bathrooms done.
It’s a lot of work as they need to be done in rooms that currently aren’t bathrooms... and hopefully all before August right !

I keep thinking I don’t have a bump as’i Still look pretty normal in the morning. But when the evening comes it’s a whole different story!

We are having quotes this weeks to have both our bathrooms done.
It’s a lot of work as they need to be done in rooms that currently aren’t bathrooms... and hopefully all before August right !

I keep thinking I don’t have a bump as’i Still look pretty normal in the morning. But when the evening comes it’s a whole different story!

I know the feeling...I seem to inflate and deflate several times a day. My overall curve is there but I'm tall (5'10) and I think I'm going to carry long rather than pop out. At the moment it's like above my belly button everything has just been pushed up the make way for a little curve below the button.

I'm looking forward to the movement and bump cos it still feels surreal somehow x

So strange how all our bodies are different.
I’m 16 weeks and already showing
Even with slightly baggy tops

So strange how all our bodies are different.
I’m 16 weeks and already showing
Even with slightly baggy tops

It's so interesting isn't it. I think because I'm tall and not petite....I am a size 16 I'm just absorbing it at the moment. As people always seem to tell me....your tall and can carry it off! Lol....like it's an excuse for being a bit chubby lol.

Stupid phone wont let me share pics or I would give you all a bump comparison shot! Xx

Not a huge bump here ! Here’s my Monday pic!
I am size 8-10

I should take the same morning and evening times and show the bloat is real!

DCF2ACE4-E1C5-4DC0-93E8-C807C26472FA.jpeg

I know the feeling...I seem to inflate and deflate several times a day. My overall curve is there but I'm tall (5'10) and I think I'm going to carry long rather than pop out. At the moment it's like above my belly button everything has just been pushed up the make way for a little curve below the button.

I'm looking forward to the movement and bump cos it still feels surreal somehow x

Just popping in Nikki. Glad everything is going well!! I didn't feel proper movement until about 22 weeks but I had an anterior placenta so that didn't help. I'm very petite but still took ages to show. I always inflated after lunch though!! So yes, I totally get that surreal feeling!!

Gosh I feel full on pregnant now. I got offered a seat on the metro yesterday so am showing enough for strangers to notice! Only 14 weeks as well... trying not to compare every stage as only makes me worry if it’s not normal.
I’m currently in a very serious relationship with all carbs so that may be contributing to my bump along with bloating more than baby!

I started from 12 weeks.
And I’ve done weekly ones upto today which is week 16

4922AD83-6B5B-4FCF-9872-6712195ECE4A.jpeg 41246AED-1810-446F-BA98-F117AE27BBCC.jpeg 3D168EDC-AEF1-447D-BEA7-6D6348BDFBBA.jpeg 9D747E5E-1B80-45B9-9AE5-B6007B6C6748.jpeg C32A9B4B-AB6C-49F9-AD56-BE13B52567DB.jpeg

Just popping in Nikki. Glad everything is going well!! I didn't feel proper movement until about 22 weeks but I had an anterior placenta so that didn't help. I'm very petite but still took ages to show. I always inflated after lunch though!! So yes, I totally get that surreal feeling!!

Hey @MoominGirl I have anterior placenta too so I'm not holding my breath to feel much anytime soon. I just seem to have days when I feel the bump is def there but pics dont support lol. I have a feeling I will carry quite all around x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back