August 2017 babies!

Oh, Hoping4Rainbow so sorry about you losing your mum so unexpectedly like that, must have been so difficult. I just couldn't imagine my mum not being there for me, she's my best friend. I'm sure your mum is looking down and so proud that you've overcome everything and have this wonderful news to end the year on.

2016 has been a really tough year for many it seems. A month after my miscarriage, my dad had a huge bleed on the brain. He spent a month in bed, unable to speak or move and it was heartbreaking to watch. It was awful being by his side when he died, but I was partly relieved he wasn't suffering any more.
I haven't really spoken about it much, so this is actually quite cathartic..
Anyway, roll on 2017, here's to a happier and healthier year for us all!

Lots of people on the nausea bandwagon! I have been mildly nauseated but still ravenous until today, and today feeling like I could kind of take or leave food, but yeah feeling better when eating, and then regretting having eaten it afterwards!

Prrrfect, hope you get a better night's sleep..can you not kick OH out to another room lol?! (Am more sympathetic than I sound haha).

Btw glad im not the only one with a teency bit of retesting paranoia!

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Hoping4Rainbow. I don't know what to say, I can't imagine what it was/is like And I hope you enjoy your Christmas with your family and your little growing bundle.

Very strange as I was with my company for 7 years too...must be something about that length of time haha!! When did your little boy turn 2? Don't say last month as it will become too freaky!!

Sorry to say Prrrfect but I agree with DocL, just kick him out and say the baby needs a peaceful sleep haha!! And that is such a cute way to announce your pregnancy!! What a lovely day it will be for your family!!!

I haven't felt sick yet...I wasn't sick at all with my last pregnancy but I felt horrendous in the mornings, I hope it doesn't creep up on me!

Xxx

So sorry to read about your dad DocL :( :hug:
The emotional pain was so deep it actually became physical. My brain is still struggling to process it. She was my universe. You'right, talking about it is cathartic. I've written down a few things too, which has helped. Please feel free to talk here or PM me whenever you need sweetheart xx I hope they are looking down feeling proud of us xx

2017 will be better for all of us :love: :stork:

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've recently had my BFP. Been trying for a while and was very excited to finally get the result we'd be hoping for. I've also now done 3 tests and will likely do some more.

I've not really had symptoms as yet, felt a bit nauseous this morning but don't know if I really did or convinced myself that I did. I just hope we all have a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm sorry to read so many of you have had such horrible years. Hopefully this is a sign that 2017 will be better.

123eggs,
haha wow you're right we're very similar! But my little trooper was 2 three months ago :) Do you have a little boy/girl? xx

Hi Lunababy! :wave: Welcome to this lovely group of August mamas to be :) And congrats! :preg: Do you know your EDD? xx

Last edited:
Oh my gosh DocL I didn't read your full message I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. Wow, you girls deserve a bloody fabulous Christmas and a wonderful 2017.

Hoping4Rainbow I have a little boy called Ellis.

Welcome Lunababy and congratulations xx

Hi all,

I've recently had my BFP. Been trying for a while and was very excited to finally get the result we'd be hoping for. I've also now done 3 tests and will likely do some more.

I've not really had symptoms as yet, felt a bit nauseous this morning but don't know if I really did or convinced myself that I did. I just hope we all have a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm sorry to read so many of you have had such horrible years. Hopefully this is a sign that 2017 will be better.

Welcome and congrats :) Do you know your EDD?

I can't keep up with you all! I'm so tired that I'm basically working and sleeping haha, its very strange for me cos I'm not usually one for early nights.

It sounds like 2016 has been awful for so many of us, but hopefully we are all ending the year on a positive (fingers crossed!).

I hit 6 weeks today (woohoo). After that one day of nausea I feel fine now, peeing a lot though and boobs feeling v full but less hurty, which is good :) Also feeling very... wet down there which is gross and I thought it was a bad sign. But its clear when I wipe and its been happening all week so I guess its just more hormones? Idk but it feels horrible :p

Woohoo indeed for the 6wks MissCharli! You know what this means...you are entering your 7th week tomorrow ;-) xx

I'm sorry to tell you that this wetness will actually increase throughout the pregnancy, panty liners will be our best friends! But it is another very normal, healthy sign! Due to higher estrogen I think, and protects us down there from infections xx

Last edited:
Yay for 7th week!

Ha it's definitely a symptom I wasn't expecting, feels horrible and.. squishy. I'm not sure if panty liners will help cos its not actually coming out when I wipe really. Yuck lol.

Welcome lunababy!

Goodluck with you pregnancy :) and congratulations!

Oh no Miss Charli that sounds unpleasant I actually picked up some panty liners I was being very forward thinking there!!
Haha
Whatever it takes to have a healthy bambino x

Aww thanks for your lovely words ladies.
And thanks Rainbow: equally if you're having a bad day, or need someone to offload to, do pm me. :hugs: You're clearly made of tough stuff!

Welcome Lunababy!

Charli, know what you mean about the cm - it's quite sporadic, but I suddenly panic and want to look in my pants because I think I've started bleeding (and pant checking doesn't go down too well when out in public heehee!).

Am feeling very indifferent about food right now, bleurgh!

Last edited:
Evening ladies, wow I've missed a lot of messages!

Welcome to everyone who is new and sorry to hear so many people have had a bad year, mine hasn't been great either but it's onwards and upwards for all of us!

I was so happy to see its not only me who wants to re-test, I'm so tempted to buy some more even though I've done 5 in total, used my last one on Monday as they were buy one get one free when I bought them! I haven't really got a huge amount of symptoms either, my boobs are sore and have grown and I'm always tired, but the cramps seem to have eased off a bit. My husband is getting fed up of me going to bed really early, I shouted at him last night as I couldn't sleep and obviously it was all his fault because he didn't come to bed with me, oops!

I had my first midwife appt. yesterday, she took my bp and referee me for a booking in appt. but that was about it, has anyone had anything else? Apparently my booking in appt. comes through the post and after that I can book a scan, it seems such a long wait! I'm 6 weeks tomorrow so I'm desperate to know when they are, I'm guessing there will probably be a delay due to Christmas.

Has anyone else really gone off food? I expected to be really hungry but it's quite the opposite, I only seem to want to eat fruit, veg & meat, I ate some bread and apple pie yesterday and felt sick afterwards! At least it means I reduce the chance of gaining weight haha!

Last edited:
Hello Mummytobe0817! I wish I wasn't hungry!!! I feel like I'm constantly thinking about my next meal haha!!

I phoned my hospital to get my first midwife appt which is 15th Jan and that's it for me so far. Then after that I'll get my letter through for my 12 week scan. It's horrible that there is such a break from finding out you're pregnant to your first real appointment! X

Hi, can't believe I am back again. My EDD going by my LMP is around 23.8.17.
I was here in 2014 and made some amazing friends for life. We were all October 2014 mummies and now there are actually 3 ( me included) who are all due in August 2017.

Welcome vampysgirl and congratulations! Your due date is my birthday! What a fabulous day it is haha!!

Its nice to hear that you have made some friends from these forums and hopefully we do all stay in touch too. X

123 eggs. My dd was also my dd for my first one.. he came a day late haha obviously I am hoping this little one decides to either come a few days early or after the 24th. It would be odd celebrating 2 birthdays on one day hahaha
I suppose, I will have to wait for the scan and see how they will date me

Hello, congrats and welcome to this lovely group Vampysgirl! :wave:

Sending love to everyone this afternoon, hope you're all doing well :hugs:

Last edited:
Wow this thread is busy 😀 I'm struggling to keep up. How is everyone doing?

My due date is the 21st I think. I tested again this morning, I know I need to stop testing. I only have one test left so will try and not use it until next week. Is anyone planning on having a reassurance scan? I've thought about it but don't know if I'm just feeding my anxiety.

I'm dying to tell people too. Anyone got any good ideas how to explain not drinking over Christmas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back