August 2017 babies!

Hi ladies, I am so excited I finally get to join a pregnancy board, we have been ttc for four years, have gone through IUI and a double IVF freeze pack and are now pregnant after our first FET! I got my bfp last Friday, and have been testing every other day since, all positive and now 2-3 on a digi!! Like you Tashap we had two embryos transferred so could be twins!! But if it's one then edd is 18th August (it's July if twins ��).

I have my first scan at 8 weeks in January, cannot wait till then!! Looking forward to this journey together ladies xx

Hi ladies, I am so excited I finally get to join a pregnancy board, we have been ttc for four years, have gone through IUI and a double IVF freeze pack and are now pregnant after our first FET! I got my bfp last Friday, and have been testing every other day since, all positive and now 2-3 on a digi!! Like you Tashap we had two embryos transferred so could be twins!! But if it's one then edd is 18th August (it's July if twins ��).

I have my first scan at 8 weeks in January, cannot wait till then!! Looking forward to this journey together ladies xx

Welcome! And welcome to all the other new ladies. It would be lovely to hear that those trying for so long are having twins. Happy and healthy 9 months to all.

I haven't had too many symptoms yet just some nausea in the mornings. I can't wait to tell people. I'm going to tell my mum at New Year but I'll still be very early. I used my last pregnancy test this morning and for the first time the test line was as dark as the control and came up at the same time. I'm not going to let myself buy anymore. Is everyone ready for Christmas 🎄

I usually love Christmas, but this year it is feeling like a chore. Perhaps from wed when I finish work for the year and have the midwife appt, things might start feeling a little more festive. We only put the decorations up yesterday!!

One Question I need to ask...what is behind everyone's username?! Mine is that my husband calls me eggs (don't know why, really don't but it's stuck and a lot of my friends call me it too!!) x

My username came along many many years ago ( about 11 years actually ) when I had to choose a username for Hotmail.com :) so I could sign up with the original Facebook which was only available for Americans at the time... haha

About age, I guess I am the oldest here right now:shock: I am 33. I have a 13 year old son and a 2 year old. I also had a sleeping son 6 years ago.

I worry badly about a nasty MC as I had one before I fell pregnant with my 2 year old and I had another earlier this year.
Yes, I am always checking my knickers and when I wipe. I think it's just an automatic thing to do.
Proper pregnancy symptoms at the moment are my boobs feeling heavy and sore and I feel queasy in my stomach. Thank god no proper sickness yet, as I get really ill and end up on tablets. My smelling also seems stronger already...

I wish everyone sticky dust and that our pregnancies will run smoothly and without any issues.

Congratulations! This must be so exciting for you :)

Welcome mrstox and delta!
Quite a journey you've had already, hope it's twins for you !!
Congratulations!! & All the best for your pregnancies!!!

Hope everyone's having restful Sunday, I'm all ready for Christmas thank god because working is enough of an effort and a chore right now!
I paint and draw and have recently started selling my work so had some orders to finish, finished those so that's all done!

Hoping to cheer my mum up with our news as she's just broken her rist!!!

My name prrrfect is how I felt about my pregnancy and being pregnant!!

P.s feeling less sick I'm soooo happy!!!!! :) :) :)

So I think I might be a little bit in denial about this but I got a BFP on Friday. My daughter was born in December 2014 and my son in March 2016 so there is 15 months between them and they are aged 2 and 9 months respectively. We are planning to have four children but agreed we'd prefer to space them out a bit more with the next one ask start TTC this time next year. However we didn't want to use any contraception as I was just going to track with ovulation sticks. I was doing that but as I'm also breastfeeding I've only had one period since my son was born, then this cycle I was testing with OPKs and was getting negatives constantly, got to cycle day 40 and had a negative we DTD then the next two days I get positives. I knew almost straight away that there was every chance number 3 would be almost inevitable. Before me daughter I had two miscarriages at 5 weeks one month after the other so I know I'm super fertile.

I'm obviously very happy number 3 is on the way, I kind of believe these things happen when they are supposed to. The way I look at my miscarriages now (although I had counselling at the time and was devastated by it all) is that without them I wouldn't have my daughter, if I hadn't lost those pregnancies then she wouldn't be the exact same person and I'd never change her for the world.

I think I'll be due right at the end of August. Big thing is that I haven't told my OH yet, when I got the surprise positive OPKs I didn't think there was any point freaking him out until I knew it mattered. Then because it's my daughters birthday this week I didn't want us to end up distracted from that. I feel like when I tell him he is going to be a little annoyed at first because he'll think I wasn't being careful, but I was. I think more than anything he'll be scared about coping with three under 3. I think he found the transition to two quite hard because my son has been a lot harder work in terms of night time waking etc and he feels very tired from never getting a full nights sleep. So anyway, I'm thinking about telling him as 'Christmas Eve' present, or possibly anytime from Wednesday as I'm struggling to keep it a secret!

Hi. I'm new to this forum stuff so thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 26 with a 5 year old son. I recently got married and we decided last month to start trying for another baby. Well this morning I got a BFP clear blue digital! I really didn't expect to conceive my first cycle but feel so blessed. Going by my due date calculator I am due 23rd August 2017 :))

Attachments

• IMG-20161219-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20161219-WA0000.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 27
Welcome Samantha and Rose! Congratulations as well.

Its lovely that there are so many of us :)

Hi, we found out last week I'm expecting no. 2 so thought I'd rejoin pf (not been on a lot since my oldest was 6ish months) as everyone was so lovely and helpful last time. *waves* judging by all the ladies in this thread august will be an eventful month!!!
Xx

Welcome to the new joiners. Great to see the group still expanding. I am on countdown to my midwife appointment Wednesday. Morning sickness...well daytime sickness as it definitely isn't restricted to mornings has really picked up and am bit worried about blood pressure being low and been feeling a little dizzy too. Trying to keep fluids up but feel full of water if that makes sense.

How are all you lovely ladies doing?? :)

Welcome to the new joiners. Great to see the group still expanding. I am on countdown to my midwife appointment Wednesday. Morning sickness...well daytime sickness as it definitely isn't restricted to mornings has really picked up and am bit worried about blood pressure being low and been feeling a little dizzy too. Trying to keep fluids up but feel full of water if that makes sense.

How are all you lovely ladies doing?? :)

Ahhh I remember this from last time! But hopefully it'll pass by 12ish weeks (touch wood!) I've felt sick a few times but not been sick yet, the tiredness is crippling me though, had a nap today and struggling to stay awake past 9pm, not ideal when u work evenings! How's everyone else feeling so far?

Lots of new August babies!! Congratulations ladies.

I'm sorry to hear of your very tough years DocL and hoping4rainbow. I hope 2017 brings only good things for you guys.

Huge congratulations to Tashap and Delta. Must have been a very hard journey getting here, I wish you the most healthy happy pregnancies possible. And here's hoping for twins.

Rose, congratulations, I agree what's meant to be will be. Hope you are getting used to the idea and your DH takes the news well. My OH wasn't keen at first on having a second baby. Don't think he'd ever agree to 3, let alone 4!!

My username is an old nickname from school.

How's everyone feeling? Have had mild nausea, in the pit of my stomach for about a week now. Doesn't seem to have gotten much worse. Still sooo tired tough. Looking forward to finishing work tomorrow.

Midwife appointment booked for 13th Jan which is a bit late but never mind. The scan place I was planning to go to isn't open between Xmas and new year so I won't get an early scan until 8 weeks. Seems like ages away.
Good job we have Christmas and new year to help pass the time.
Xxx

Welcome to this wonderful group Mrstox, Delta, Rose, Samantha and Kat1988! :wave:

Girls, this nausea and queasiness is getting me down. I only get a bit of a relief while I'm eating and then it's back. 27/4. I'm hungry but everything I eat becomes an aversion afterwards! Tummy feels sore today, as if I've had a work out and muscles feel kinda stiff...and weak! Like they can't support my tum anymore!

I'll try to book an early scan back privately by the end of this week or the next one as I'm currently abroad and won't get back to the UK til the 9th of Jan, when, if all goes ok with pregnancy, I'd be almost 10 wks already! So I have a feeling/fear that seeing GP, Midwife/booking in app'nt, first NHS scan etc. all might end up running a bit late-ish!

Sending so much love to all of you and your little beans, and of course some more of that super sticky babydust, always! :dust:

Last edited:
Thanks Hoping4Rainow :-D. Here is some back <image>.

My nausea has been mild but not sure what happened today. I think a big meal instead of grazing combined with bath which wasn't that hot could have dropped blood pressure perhaps, causing the dizzyness. Hmm. All a little worrying that I vomited. I just hope and pray bean is OK.

How are you all managing to sleep? This staying on your left recommendation?

Welcome and congrats to all the new ladies! They're so many of us!

So glad to be over the 6 week mark! That said, am still feeling very unsettled, in as much as Ive been having mild, grumbling nausea for the last week or so, and hormones a bit all over the place - I'm not exactly bursting into tears at the drop of a hat or having massive rages but I am really wishing away these next few weeks as I'm still worrying about something going wrong..Would just love to enjoy this for exactly what it is.

For partly this reason, we've booked an early reassurance scan for the end of the month. Think this will help give me some reassurance, and make it all seem more real!

How's everyone feeling?

How are you all managing to sleep? This staying on your left recommendation?

I can't sleep on my left so bugger that lol! I'm still making the most of sleeping on my tummy (comfiest for me) as I know in a few more weeks I won't be able to !

How is everyone doing at keeping your amazing secrets? We're not telling until 12ish weeks due to a recent m/c but I'm running out of excuses why I'm not drinking and I'm exhausted etc

Ooh I seemed to miss a flurry of posts from the last 30 mins!

Thanks Elspeth, and to everyone else's positive vibes and warm wishes. Hopefully together we can get each other through this by positive thinking alone :)

Hoping4Rainbow, I'm totally feeling the nausea/food aversion thing! The thought of most foods is making me feel nauseated, then I eat something, for example roast dinner my mum made for me yesterday, the thought of which made me feel ill, I actually enjoyed! But now the thought of it, yuk!

Told my mum the good news at the weekend, I just couldn't lie to her anymore! Plus, I so desperately wanted to give her some happy news for a change. She sobbed uncontrollably for about 5 mins (good tears obvs!), which was just amazing! Of course , she wants to tell the world. I had to very sternly tell her that she wasn't to breathe a word, and the only reason I told her so early is because I couldn't keep up the lie for another 6ish weeks!

Last edited:
Kat1988...laying on my stomach would have been my usual position. Trying to me tally prepare for the remainder by starting as I mean to go on. I think it is hard to know what is going on in there so the first scan should ease a lot of unnecessary pressure on those of us worrying. I had a strange experience last night. I lay on my right and half leaned forward and had a spasm of pain al most instantly. I moved to my left and still felt it. Sitting up stopped the stomach part but it felt like my kidney was throbbing. I went to loo and drank a couple of cups of water. Took a while to get back to sleep (probably worrying). Wondered if was dehydrated start of UTI or maybe just trapped muscle or something. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi all, I've been getting faint positives all week and today got a proper positive on CB digi! Online calculator says due date would be August 29th but only being 4 weeks (and that's in dr speak, it's actually only been 2 weeks since I Od'ed) seems very early!! Maybe I'm being overly cautious, don't want to get my hopes up!
It's so nice being able to speak to people about it though, we're going to tell mums on Xmas day then keep the secret till12 weeks if we can! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back