August 2017 babies!

MissCharli

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I can't seem to find a August 2017 mummies thread, so figured I could create one!

If you let me know when you are due I can add you :)

Due dates

1st

2nd
Joanna3009

3rd

4th
JillMcCoy

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th
Hoping4Rainbow
kat1988

10th
MissCharli - DS 27/1/17
scwxx
Greendazes - DS 26/1/17

DocL

11th
Mummytobe0817- DS 27/1/17
Svetlana
Elspeth

12th

13th

14th
Prrrfect

15th

16th
Rachlaidler94
Kiwi_53
Spuds

17th
CoachQueenie - DS 2/2/17
xAngelx - DS 6/2/17

18th
Delta

19th
michelleitalia

20th

21st
Lunababy

mrstox

22nd

23rd
vampysgirl

Samantha90

24th

25th

26th
tashap

bumblebee1982
Katiebelle

27th
Rose83

28th

29th
BexTez
PeanutButter

30th

31st
MrsDuckie

Last edited:
I can't believe this is here! My August 2016 baby (who turned out to be a September 2016 baby!) is asleep on me in her sling right now.

Congratulations ladies!

My EDD is 12th August!

Look forward to seeing who else is due in August! :wave:

Hi DocL and MissCharli. Big congratulations.

My due date is 13th August.

I was sort of in two minds about whether to join this thread as last month I had a chemical pregnancy.

But I am feeling more positive about this pregnancy so fingers crossed.

I'm still feeling quite anxious and haven't been able to get happy or excited yet.

How are you girls feeling?

Xx

Hi, my due date is 15th but waiting first scan. I am 4/5 weeks on first pregnancy.

Thanks for creating the group. :)

Nausea and period type cramping are my symptoms. How about you all?

Hi Elspeth and spuds! Congratulations to you both! :dance:

Totally get the anxiety. I want to get excited but I'm so afraid of tempting fate, having miscarried in March.

I've been having grumbling nausea (but definitely not stopping me from eating!!) and sore breasts pretty much since conception, but the tell tale signs for me was a sudden surge of really strong heartburn and belching like a trooper!!
What have everyone else's symptoms been??

I have everything crossed for us all!

Ah yes, the heartburn. How could I forget.

I go through waves of worrying about miscarriage ...and trying to enjoy each moment of the pregnancy. It has been a long wait (life events) and being 35 I am heading towards the years of last chance saloon so keeping everything crossed this time, for a happy ending :).

Is this everyone's first child?

Last edited:
Ah yes, the heartburn. How could I forget.

I go through waves of worrying about miscarriage ...and trying to enjoy each moment of the pregnancy. It has been a long wait (life events) and being 35 I am heading towards the years of last chance saloon so keeping everything crossed this time, for a happy ending :).

Is this everyone's first child?

I know what you mean spuds. I'm 34, and I really never thought I'd be only just expecting my first. Ive been very career orientated , and during my low points I've almost resented making the decision to pursue these ambitions. Because my job is very stressful, I was so worried it was my career stopping my from getting pregnant. It just makes you realise what is important in the end..

It's nice to know we're not alone in the way we're feeling!

Last edited:
Hi all, nice to see you :)

I am also so so nervous having had a miscarriage in Feb, trying not to get my hopes up either. I have more/stronger symptoms this time around which I am taking as a good sign!

I have v sore boobs and I'm also knackered! I also have some nausea, but no sickness yet thankfully! :)

Last edited:
Yes boobs are sore and getting humongous already! I'm feeling the stronger the symptoms, the better in a way! I've heard a lot of people say they've had no nausea around week 5-6, and them bam, it suddenly hits them! I'm mildly nauseated, but settles with eating, and I'm really craving anything containing carbs!
My accu said heartburn and belching are a good sign as it's the body's way of reacting to the 'phlegm' produced by pregnancy lol!

What's everyone taking supplement-wise?

My nausea kinda feels like when I am just starting to get seasick, so its just niggly at the moment and its only every now and again. I hate being sick so I'm not looking forward to it getting worse!

Currently I am taking tesco pregnancy multivitamin. Figured they all have the same stuff in them :)

I am taking pregnacare multivitamins, from Tesco. They have the folic acid/vitamin D mix. I read online that slightly heavier to overweight women should take more folic acid on top. Seems a lot.

My nausea kinda feels like when I am just starting to get seasick, so its just niggly at the moment and its only every now and again. I hate being sick so I'm not looking forward to it getting worse!

Currently I am taking tesco pregnancy multivitamin. Figured they all have the same stuff in them :)

Yeah, I think they're much of a muchness! The only things that we need to be taking are folic acid and vitamin D. I am continuing to take a pregnacare multivitamin and omega 3+6+9, which I've been taking since before conception (I was also taking co-enzyme q10 but I've stopped as not sure how safe it is to take in pregnancy).

Im going to try and optimise my diet a bit, and include lots of leafy green veg for iron, (as im vegetarian), and orange juice to increase absorption.
Otherwise, just going to have what I fancy (good excuse to ask DH to make late night supermarket trips for ice cream haha!).

I am taking pregnacare multivitamins, from Tesco. They have the folic acid/vitamin D mix. I read online that slightly heavier to overweight women should take more folic acid on top. Seems a lot.

Yeah, it's funny really. I get that women with an increased risk of a NTD should take a higher dose, but also for those women with a BMI over 30, it's quite odd that these women have to take a x12(ish) larger dose than a woman with a BMI of 29 for example!

Congratulations Spuds.

I have a terrible cold, feeling exhausted when I wake up but I'm not sure how much of this is the cold and how much is the pregnancy.
Also sore boobs, weeing all the time and cramps on and off.

I'm 33 and I have a wonderful three year old daughter.
My pregnancy with her was very easy as was the ttc bit.
Last year I had a mc at 11 weeks, completely out of the blue which hit me very hard. So I do understand how you feel misscharli and DocL.

I'm taking the pregnacare vits with omega 3. I had them left over from my pregnancy last year. They expire next year so glad I've fallen.

I didn't get real nausea and sickness last time. But I was intensely hungry and would feel sick if I didn't eat. I'm not expecting strong symptoms this time, it would be great in a way to get more symptoms as it is a good sign and would be reassuring.

Hope you are all having good weekends and getting in the Christmas spirit.
I'm glad to have that distraction as well as I think the next 3 weeks will be the hardest.
Anyone else thinking of having an early scan?

Xx

I'm 24, so I guess I'm the baby so far :p

Christmas is a very welcome distraction, especially given my anxiety. But also I would hate it if something did go wrong now because this is my favourite time of year.

I have considered an early scan, but there's no guarantee that things wouldn't go wrong after and I wouldn't want to get my hopes up. It is also £99 here and I just don't have that at the moment!

Yeah it is nice to have Christmas as a distraction. There's a nice feeling about being with child at Christmas lol!
Apart from going to a work's do last night (with free bar may I add!) and having to be on soft drinks all night..was looking longingly at the wine on table!! Totally worth the sacrifice though!

Ahh Elspeth, I'm sorry that must have been really hard miscarrying at 11 weeks, difficult at any point, but I imagine the further along the pregnancy you get, the greater the bond you develop.

Yeah I'm not sure about an early scan. I guess it would be money well spent for some early reassurance. Would hate to think that getting worried or stressed would be in any way detrimental..

Are you ladies waiting until the new year to announce to family?x

Thank you :). Congratulations to you all, also. It sounds like we are all similar ages, which is lovely as many mothers around me locally are a lot younger.

Hi all can I join? I am back on the forums after the birth of my now 1 year old Athena and a loss earlier this Year.... And now I am back!! I just had a scan and confirmed I am 5 weeks so still early but all looked good! My estimated due date is 11/8/17 xx

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi all can I join? I am back on the forums after the birth of my now 1 year old Athena and a loss earlier this Year.... And now I am back!! I just had a scan and confirmed I am 5 weeks so still early but all looked good! My estimated due date is 11/8/17 xx

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Welcome JillMcCoy and congratulations!

Sorry to hear about your loss earlier this year.

So we now have EDDs of the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 15th..just need to find someone with an EDD of the 14th haha!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back