August 2017 babies!

Omg gosh phew!!!!
I'm thinking wow your really going to regret that extra winter layer as you grow now ����
But at the same time I think sod it im healthy and I feel really lucky to be pregnant!

Congratulations lady's we are lucky !!!

Spud please don't worry I am 5weeks 1day and today I've felt not a lot!
I've had no bleeding at all yet xxxx
Shortness of breath comes on and off though xxx

Hi all expectant mummy's!
1st I wish you all the best of luck right though!

2nd mummytobe I'm due same date 14th August 😮

Really excited already - taking folic acid with vit D
Not sleeping to well then can see I look a bit drained in the day,
I'm definitely feeling weird sensations in my womb type area
Even some twingy cramps on the right side more!
Anyone else had this as worrying me abit?

Your mind really does run wild doesn't it if I pull strain doing something, I'm thinking what's that? What's that mean? Everything ok?
🙈🙈

Felt alittle dizzy- clumsy too 😲😲

Congrats and welcome!

I am sleeping loads but waking up loads too. I think its normal to feel crampy and stretchy down there, its all growing and making room :)

It is just nice knowing you are all out there. Hubby just says we can try again of this doesn't work; it isn't quite as emotionally simple for me!! I know I probably needent worry (as that won't be good for the baby anyway), the wait is just SOOO long just to be seen for the initial chat. Sheesh. Do they actually ultrasound you at the first appointment?( I will be 6 wks by then). It is as a doctor's surgery.

It is just nice knowing you are all out there. Hubby just says we can try again of this doesn't work; it isn't quite as emotionally simple for me!! I know I probably needent worry (as that won't be good for the baby anyway), the wait is just SOOO long just to be seen for the initial chat. Sheesh. Do they actually ultrasound you at the first appointment?( I will be 6 wks by then). It is as a doctor's surgery.

I think the first ultrasound you get with the NHS is at 12 weeks I'm afraid! Which is such a long wait.

You can have one privately from 6 weeks I believe, but they can vary in price. It is £99 here!

Yeah I'm having a few pinches and pulls in various parts of my pelvis, have had the odd really sharp pain, but it's literally lasted a second and then gone away.
In a bit of a worried mood: keep expecting to see some blood everytime I pee or wipe.
Belching a ridiculous amount, it's awful!!

Really want these next few weeks to fly by:|

I feeling exactly the same, its really getting me down. I think once I get over 6 weeks (which is when I MCed last time) I will relax? I hope!

It must be so hard when you have experienced MC and I can see why you want to get past that number of weeks!

It's hard I find with my hubby he seems alittle out of it when it comes to worries and it's difficult to explain how you feel and how it feels,
I try but I sense he's still alittle oblivious

He's lovely but it's nice to have other exspectant mums that fully understand xx

Yeah I'm having a few pinches and pulls in various parts of my pelvis, have had the odd really sharp pain, but it's literally lasted a second and then gone away.
In a bit of a worried mood: keep expecting to see some blood everytime I pee or wipe.

I feeling exactly the same, its really getting me down. I think once I get over 6 weeks (which is when I MCed last time) I will relax? I hope!

I think it'll be the same for me MissCharli, as miscarried around this time also. So only a few more days and you'll be 6 weeks right?

I have thought about pros and cons of getting an early scan. I have an appointment to see GP on 29th December (ironically I'd made the appointment 3 weeks ago to discuss our difficulties TTC!), at which point I'll be nearly 8 weeks, so hoping to arrange a scan shortly after. I know people have said it doesn't change the outcome, but I think a seeing a heartbeat would give me some hope and positivity going forward..

I think the first ultrasound you get with the NHS is at 12 weeks I'm afraid! Which is such a long wait.

You can have one privately from 6 weeks I believe, but they can vary in price. It is £99 here!
Ah okay, that helps. Thanks.

Oh yes they are oblivious to how if feels so early on!
I already feel like right I'm slowing down I'm going to carmly take care of myself and my growing baby- because I want this baby!

It's all natural and as much as hubby will help and carry stuff etc I think it's difficult because they will never feel what it's truely like to have the baby grow inside! ❤️

I'm alittle different with docs and hospitals, yes I want my scan but I don't like being messed and fussed with so we will see how that goes! Lol

But the wait is long it feels at this stage x

I think it'll be the same for me MissCharli, as miscarried around this time also. So only a few more days and you'll be 6 weeks right?

I have thought about pros and cons of getting an early scan. I have an appointment to see GP on 29th December (ironically I'd made the appointment 3 weeks ago to discuss our difficulties TTC!), at which point I'll be nearly 8 weeks, so hoping to arrange a scan shortly after. I know people have said it doesn't change the outcome, but I think a seeing a heartbeat would give me some hope and positivity going forward..

Yeah I'll be 6 weeks on Thursday, so I hope that's why I'm feeling so anxious at the moment. Talking to my mum who used to be a midwife is making me feel a bit better atm.

My midwife appointment is on 28 December, so I'll be 7 + 6. Kinda nervous about that too! I would love an early scan but I think I'm just gonna have to wait. I might mention it to the OH but as its £99 and its the most expensive time of year I think he will say no. Though I guess I have savings...

Yeah I'll be 6 weeks on Thursday, so I hope that's why I'm feeling so anxious at the moment. Talking to my mum who used to be a midwife is making me feel a bit better atm.

My midwife appointment is on 28 December, so I'll be 7 + 6. Kinda nervous about that too! I would love an early scan but I think I'm just gonna have to wait. I might mention it to the OH but as its £99 and its the most expensive time of year I think he will say no. Though I guess I have savings...

Could you ask OH for it to be an Xmas pressy?!

It'll be good for you to have your midwife appointment, they've seen and heard it all, so am sure they'll be a good source of reassurance.
Feel like I should probably have got the ball rolling, and sorted referral to midwife..

I only just realised I could have gone to community midwife direct and bypassed my wait to register with GP. Grr. I have just text the number in the hope it gets picked up tomorrow. I put my appt time on there and an enquiry about an early scan due to previous MC.

I think for reassurance, money shouldn't be an issue. It is quite a lot of money though but if it makes you feel better...he should let you!!! All you need to say is "I'm pregnant" and you can win any argument haha!!!

I have my first midwife appointment on 11th January and I can't wait for that date to come around!!!

I can't remember who said it but yes I have tried to breathe in but this little bulge is still there!!!

PMA ladies (positive mental attitudes!) that all will be well for you. It will be lovely if we can all keep chatting for the next 7/8 months about our pregnancies and then talk about our babies and how sleep deprived we are and what best programs are there to watch at god knows what time in the morning!!!

I agree, it shouldn't be about the money (just happens to be during an expensive time of year doh!). I don't think you can put a price on having that reassurance, if that will genuinely help to continue through the first trimester with a positive outlook and more confidence, I think it's money well spent.
I was so furious with DH for making a thoughtless comment about not needing an early scan, I could have punched him in the face!

It would be so lovely if we could all have the stickiest of beans, and follow each other's journeys through pregnancy and beyond.

Just to say that I am continuing with my acupuncture through my first trimester, and whilst it would be unfair to put the pressure on my acupuncturist, I do have faith that she will help give me the best chance of making this one stick.

I think by the time I can get an appointment (can book online, the next one is the 3rd Jan, and they only have them during the day when I'm at work!) I will only be 3 weeks away from the 12 week scan anyway. So think I will just hang on.

Ahhhh great not just me that can't breath in my tum anymore then!

I definitely agree that if an early scan is what you want do it..
If everything continues to feels fine I wouldn't mind waiting till 12weeks till I see anyone!
I think I'm fairly layed back!
But I'm pretty sure they will want to see me for blood test not sure what else they do???

123 eggs when you read other forum discussions on here and they are much further along that will be all of us one day!!
How exciting
Xx

I know Prrrfect! I was only thinking it won't be long and we will have a thread in 2nd tri forum!!!

Miss Charli, as long as your happy and feel ok then it seems silly to pay money to get a scan that you will get a few weeks after anyways but don't worry yourself for the sake of £99. Maybe it's worth enquiring to see when the next appt would be?

Is this everyone's first or second or tenth baby?! X

This will be first baby.
It is an odd feeling having miscarried in March, my only frame of reference is a pregnancy that wasn't viable. I'm hopeful this won't be the norm, and actually (like far too many women) this is a common thing, and just one of those things that will never be explained. Im just waiting impatiently for my body to prove it is a hospitable place for a baby!
Sorry for crazy lady chat!

Don't be sorry DocL. Don't feel like you can't say how your feeling. I don't know what it feels like and it does break my heart hearing of stories of losses so if talking about it helps then talk until you can't talk anymore. I am crossing everything for you and everyone else for a healthy pregnancy. It's so daunting isn't it, just not knowing what is around the corner and the only thing to do is wait and enjoy the present.

This is my 2nd, my little boy turned 2 last month xx

My husbands friends wife has MC I think maybe 3 times :(
But on a better note she's now due in February! :)

I can't imagine what it's like!
I'm 30 and have been excited about having a baby for years but only found the right man 2years back married him and now this excitement over the pregnancy is just everything!
1st baby for both of us - i feel like we've waited along time for this already..

But nothing set in stone - plan is stay carm- stay safe and enjoy it as much as possible !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back