'Are you expecting something?'

Browneyed Girl

Reaction score
I was asked this tonight in a restaurant by a waitress!! Erm no unfortunately I'm not but thanks for that particular kick in the teeth! I was wearing a scarf and stroking it flat, apparently I looked like i was stroking my belly! And it is probably best practice not to risk putting your foot in it unless the lady is obviously pg!!

Gggrrr I was enjoying my night until then but now I'm worrying that I look like I've eaten too many pies lol!

xxx

Oh no! That's terrible!! My mom once got asked that on a train by an old lady, she was mortified!! X

Haha I think mortified just about sums it up!! And she made it worse by asking twice as if once wasn't bad enough! Oh well, trying to see the light side of it and my oh assures me it was only because it looked like I was stroking my belly. Still feel a bit ggrrr about it though haha xxx

Oh no. A stupid woman on the plane on way back from honeymoon asked my husband when i was due :-( she thought i was asleep. I was mortified too.

I ask myself that when I look in the mirror pmsl!!!!!

I was asked the same thing yesterday!!! Just replied saying " no I'm just fat!!" Lol x

Last edited:
i got asked this when I was 15!!!! i wouldn't mind but I was like a matchstick, size 10 and I was wearing cycling shorts and a baggy t-shirt. It was a nurse who said it to me!!!!

I do get people looking at my belly now and I'm not sure if I am just paranoid but think the are anyway - probably thinking is she isn't she?

i would probably answer 'I already had it 3 years ago' and here she is - pointing to my daughter.....never lost the mummy belly :(

Oh, awful! To be totally honest, I once said it to a lady at my todler group back in 1999! I was trying to chat and make friends , and I stupidly said when are you due , as a converation opener, as a lady had just said about baby belly, and doh, she laughed and said no hes in the pushchair asleep, he is 4 mths old.. I've just got a wobble belly... (I can truefulyy say I have never been so motified in my life and have never approached any pregnant lady since, even if shes about to drop a baby, I would wait for them to mention it!!) So I bet the lady felt terrible afterwards..

Needless to say we went on to be really good friends, and she never did loose her very pregnant shaped baby belly. years later she found out she had ovarian cancer and had been fobbed off with ibs etc from docs due to her belly too.. She is fine, but loosing her womb, when she wanted more kids, finished me off and hence my 1 year old little man Devon... In hindsight, I was a good thing to say and meet such a special mate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back