Are there any other first-time mum's on here?

LOL!! Defo!

You'll be able to answer a question as you're already a Mummy - I know everyone is different, but roughly when should I expect to start to show? After 12 weeks? I remember seeing a girl that I work with start to change shape a few weeks before she announced that she was pregnant, but can't remember how far in advance that was.

With my first it took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages to show. At my 20 week scan I only looked pregnant if I wore tight tops to show of my little bump. With my second, I got my 2 lines and bam - there was my tummy :lol: :lol: (it was actually bloating and went down again at about 7 weeks but still!!)

You are probably looking at 14 weeks - obviously the stronger your stomach muscles the longer it will take :)

OK, thanks, that makes sense.

I'm going to Pilates tonight for the first time in ages and will make sure to tell her that i'm pregnant (still very weird saying that!), but think my tummy muscles will be in for a bit of a shock! :hug:

T'is a Secret said:
With my first it took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages to show. At my 20 week scan I only looked pregnant if I wore tight tops to show of my little bump. With my second, I got my 2 lines and bam - there was my tummy :lol: :lol: (it was actually bloating and went down again at about 7 weeks but still!!)

You are probably looking at 14 weeks - obviously the stronger your stomach muscles the longer it will take :)

Stomach muscles?? :shock: What are they? :rotfl: I already look about 5 months :oops:

GOod luck at pilates Baby Fulton, have fun :hug:

Hannah - I do too, and did with my son, it's bloating (thanks progesterone :roll: ) it will go down which will be weird as you et a bump, then it goes, then you get another one :lol:

T'is a Secret said:
GOod luck at pilates Baby Fulton, have fun :hug:

Hannah - I do too, and did with my son, it's bloating (thanks progesterone :roll: ) it will go down which will be weird as you et a bump, then it goes, then you get another one :lol:

Nah, mine's just cos i'm fat!!!! I'm a size 18/20 and only 5ft 5!!! Ooops...methinks I should've taken my diet a little more seriously before I got pregnant! I'm gonna look like that doris who's just had octuplets :rotfl:

Hey! :wave: I'm a first time mummy to be!

Its all so so exciting but at the same time a big worry isnt it, i'm being all positive about everything, taking each week as it comes cuz you could worry yourself stupid & it cant do us ladies with little buns in the ovens any favours! hehe :)
xx

:rotfl: Hanna I'm 13 stone and 5'7 and its all on my belly anyway. It look like you'll only be able to tell I'm preggers when I'm 30 weeks. Between now and then the fat will just shift around lol

Hi Broody Bean, and welcome and congratulations!

Hannah, have just noticed that we're both 4 weeks and 4 days! I feel connected (ooohhhhhmmmmmm, getting all earth mother.... not) to you.... :lol:

Hi :wave:

I'm a first time mum-to-be too....and still haven't got used to that thought! It still doesn't seem that real to me at the moment (even though I've had symptoms) - I think as soon as I've had my scan in 2 weeks then it'll hit me! All very exciting though when you think about it!

My hubbyhas totally wrapped me in cotton wool - when it was snowing the other week he refused to let me walk to the shop on my own in case I fell over! Very sweet, but he can't keep that up for 9 months! :lol:

babyfulton said:
Hannah, have just noticed that we're both 4 weeks and 4 days! I feel connected (ooohhhhhmmmmmm, getting all earth mother.... not) to you.... :lol:

Oh yes, how funky. :lol: Love the Animal ticker btw

Della Mack said:
:rotfl: Hanna I'm 13 stone and 5'7 and its all on my belly anyway. It look like you'll only be able to tell I'm preggers when I'm 30 weeks. Between now and then the fat will just shift around lol

I'll be the same, I'll just look pregnant because I am now instead of being a heffer :rotfl:

jus a quick one now all the first time mums are together has anyone thought about using disposable nappies lol i no random but i work in a baby store and i saw them the other day n thought huumm i wonder what u guys think

trudie said:
jus a quick one now all the first time mums are together has anyone thought about using disposable nappies lol i no random but i work in a baby store and i saw them the other day n thought huumm i wonder what u guys think

Disposable as opposed to the towelling ones that you have to wash??

Well, my answer has two parts - 1) want to get through the first 12 weeks before thinking about nappies :wink: and 2) would probably go for disposable as the idea of washing cr*ppy nappies doesn't appeal!!

hehe i jus saw what i put lol i ment the reusuable 1s lol and would u use them lol aww my brains not in gear lol i thought that its too soon to think but i gave up worrying about week 8 itsuch to not worth it there is soo much to terhink about and i rather get everything thought about b4 the l8r stages as i would be worrying about birth then lol im a planner i like to plan everything so i no what im doing lol

Hello!
I am a first time mum too :cheer:

My husband is actually away with his job (forces) and will be until I'm about 25 weeks!! eeek actually I had to tell him over the phone that I was pregnant... it was obviously a goodbye present!!

We are both over the moon though.

and re: nappies, hell yes to disposables!! :rotfl:

I'm a first timer too! Got my first scan tomorrow and am bricking it!!!

I know what you mean, Trudie, I'm a planner as well (doesn't help that I'm a PA and plan all day long too) and am really having to hold myself back from going out and buying a cot after work!!!

:hug:

princessx said:
Hello!
I am a first time mum too :cheer:

My husband is actually away with his job (forces) and will be until I'm about 25 weeks!! eeek actually I had to tell him over the phone that I was pregnant... it was obviously a goodbye present!!

We are both over the moon though.

and re: nappies, hell yes to disposables!! :rotfl:

Awww, that's so sweet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare