April 2020 Mums

Another update.. her blood tests come back saying her infection markers are 27. Dr said anything over 20 is worrying. So they took her straight back to scbu and did a lumbar puncture to test for meningitis unfortunately they failed and they are trying again in a few hours. At the min they predict we be in until next week

oh no Layney, that sounds awful. Praying that she recovers quickly. And you’re right she is lush. And looks so alert x

@Layney Fingers crossed it's nothing major and she get better soon xx shes gorgeous

Has anybody noticed their bumps dropping? I had a slight worry today thinking I hadn't felt him move for ages, tried cold water, ice, lying down and nothing so thought pack a bag and ring the midwife incase. As soon as I finished packing my bag I got a big thump right in the ribs, such a cheeky baby already! His feet feel like they're right under my right boob at the moment

@Layney im sorry you must be so worried! She’s beautiful and I’m the best hands, hoping she starts feeling better soon xx

I got discharged last night but baby (named Angel) still in scbu until at least Wednesday. Awaiting the results of lumbar puncture, her infection markers went down a bit but she's still on 2 different antibiotics IV drips. Hospital sent me home with a pump so she's still getting my milk.

I got discharged last night but baby (named Angel) still in scbu until at least Wednesday. Awaiting the results of lumbar puncture, her infection markers went down a bit but she's still on 2 different antibiotics IV drips. Hospital sent me home with a pump so she's still getting my milk.

Aww I’m sorry you had to leave your baby. Are you still allowed to visit? I hope it flies in to wed quickly for you x

I’m sorry you’ve had to leave your baby @Layney, at least she’s still getting your milk, that will help her get strong much quicker

@Layney how is baby Angel doing? X

anyone else showing any signs of being close to labour?

nah unfortunately not, i had a few twinges when I was in bed last night but came to absolutely nothing and nothing today. Have you? X

No thing really. Lots of tightenings but nothing other than that. Just had a delicious curry and feel so full up and am now so uncomfortable!!

My baby isnt engaged at all, hes head down but LOP, sitting spine to spine so I've been crawling around and leaning forward a ton in hope he flips

I’m not due until the 30th so I’m only 37 weeks today, I think it will be May before they make their appearance, getting a few more Braxton hicks and bump has dropped down I think. Started my exercises on my birthing ball this week.

My baby is back to back too! I keep bouncing and leaning on the ball, no idea if it’s helping!

I had a call with my consultant today. She confirmed that my induction at 40 weeks is cancelled but said shes happy to give me a sweep next week then book the induction for 41 weeks if I've not started on my own. I really hope the sweep works!! I'll be 39+4 when she does it so hopefully by then things are starting to progress towards labour anyway x

I’m seeing my midwife at 39+6, she hasn’t mentioned a sweep, I wonder if she’ll offer one then

I’m seeing my midwife at 39+6, she hasn’t mentioned a sweep, I wonder if she’ll offer one then

Hopefully if you ask she'll be happy to do it. You're only one day away from 40 weeks at that point. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and starting to get so fed up x

I'm waiting for my mum to arrive in a few days for physical and emotional support, after that I'm hoping this baby will come!

I've never heard of stretch and sweep.. my midwife and I havent even discussed what will happen if I go over. I dont want to be induced unless medically needed :/

I've just finished mowing the lawns and my feet are so swollen its beginning to get ridiculous.

Aww I’m sorry you had to leave your baby. Are you still allowed to visit? I hope it flies in to wed quickly for you x
Yes one parent at a time can visit. But as I can't drive my partner was back and forth all day

Just a massive update... Angel is 10 days tomorrow. We are both home now. She's amazing. Just feeds twice during night. Was already back to birth weight at 6 days old. I found out exactly what happened during induction and labour and what went wrong.

I had strep A in my placenta and sepsis. Angel was born in poor condition and needed help breathing, and blood sugar level was only 1.6, tested for meningitis but that came back negative. We were treated for sepsis and strep A. Angel had 5 days of IV antibiotics. I'm still on them, currently taking 26 tablets a day.

But she's doing amazing now.

received_890620758049531.jpeg

Oh she is perfect, really is a little Angel, I’m glad you’re all home now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27