April 2020 Mums

I’m a bag of nerves about the whole coronavirus situation in general, especially about having a newborn. I’m quite relaxed about the actual labour itself.

It’s a horrible time but so many woman across the world are in the same situation we just have to do what we can to keep us and our babies safe.

you’ll get through the labour Rainbow. I know you’ve got this x

i know it’s awful to be in a situation where grandparents can’t visit and we have no where to take them but the main thing is they’re safe.

thank you. This time in a month it’ll all be over and Ill be breathing a sigh of relief (hopefully) x

I'm with you all too, my daughter is upset as nobody under 16 yr old is allowed into the hospital here and my midwife is in self isolation currently. I went to buy maternity pads twice and everything was sold out. Everybody is going mad!
Our schools are shutting down, all buses are cancelled as all our drivers are 70 or over. I feel so unfortunate to be so close to having a baby right now :/ My mother probably wont be able to come either as lockdown is inevitable at this stage so she wont be able to travel to me, I have no idea how I'm going to manage alone without her

I’ve just been for my 36 weeks appointment with midwife and consultant. It was so rushed because they said they don’t anyone being inside the hospital any longer than they have to. My consultant thinks that the midwife led birth unit will be shit by the end of the week so I’ll be giving birth in the big city hospital which I can’t look round etc. The small local hospital is great and normally advises you to stay for a day or two and helps you establish feeding etc but she said her advice is have baby and get out as soon as you can. My anxiety is through the roof. Such a hard stressful pregnancy and now this. I know there are loads of women all over the world in the same situation but I’m scared and feel so panicked

I’ve just been for my 36 weeks appointment with midwife and consultant. It was so rushed because they said they don’t anyone being inside the hospital any longer than they have to. My consultant thinks that the midwife led birth unit will be shit by the end of the week so I’ll be giving birth in the big city hospital which I can’t look round etc. The small local hospital is great and normally advises you to stay for a day or two and helps you establish feeding etc but she said her advice is have baby and get out as soon as you can. My anxiety is through the roof. Such a hard stressful pregnancy and now this. I know there are loads of women all over the world in the same situation but I’m scared and feel so panicked

I feel the same, it’s awful. I’ve got the consultant next week and my midwife says she doesn’t even know if they’ll see me face to face. She thinks they might change it to a phone call. It doesn’t feel like we’re being looked after as well as we would be if this wasn’t all going on which is scaring me.

I’ve been told if all is well I’ll be discharged 3-6 hours after birth. My daughter was fine at that point but ended up in an incubator over night. I’m not gonna sleep when I’m home if I’m out that quick x

I feel the same, it’s awful. I’ve got the consultant next week and my midwife says she doesn’t even know if they’ll see me face to face. She thinks they might change it to a phone call. It doesn’t feel like we’re being looked after as well as we would be if this wasn’t all going on which is scaring me.

I’ve been told if all is well I’ll be discharged 3-6 hours after birth. My daughter was fine at that point but ended up in an incubator over night. I’m not gonna sleep when I’m home if I’m out that quick x
I stayed in for 2 or 3 days after having my girl, I cant imagine leaving within the Sam's day as having this one but I dont think I'll have much choice either. Our country is on full lockdown mode minus the essentials for the next 4 weeks. Its beginning to get really scary now :/
I've just woken half way through the night and my legs and hands are puffy and swollen but nothing I can do :/ has anybody else started gaining extra fluid, I've had the occasional swollen feet by the end of the day but this is something else, I dont remember ever feeling this swollen with my girl

It is so scary ladies knowing that we are going to be giving birth so soon. I’m only 34+5 so I’ve got a little time but I’m a big bag of anxiety. I’m a ftm, all classes have been cancelled so I have no idea about breastfeeding or anything and I was just told ‘midwife will show you after birth’ now I know they are stretched enough normally let alone when there is a pandemic. I guess we are all feeling a little abandoned right now

It is so scary ladies knowing that we are going to be giving birth so soon. I’m only 34+5 so I’ve got a little time but I’m a big bag of anxiety. I’m a ftm, all classes have been cancelled so I have no idea about breastfeeding or anything and I was just told ‘midwife will show you after birth’ now I know they are stretched enough normally let alone when there is a pandemic. I guess we are all feeling a little abandoned right now

Abandoned is definitely the right word. It’s scary. Thinking of all of you just now, we’ve got to just take it 1 day at a time x

I'm so emotional and cry every day, I feel like I'm living in a nightmare at the moment. Definitely feeling abandoned and neglected. I have a scan tomorrow and I just hope everything is ok with baby

I'm so emotional and cry every day, I feel like I'm living in a nightmare at the moment. Definitely feeling abandoned and neglected. I have a scan tomorrow and I just hope everything is ok with baby

Good luck tomorrow. I have one on Friday, it’s awful having to go yourself. They told me no one can come with me x

It was so strange going on my own on Monday. Thankfully everything was fine but I couldn’t imagine having worrying news and being on my own. Fingers crossed you both get good news that our little babies are growing well.
my partner and I have been together for every appointment and he’s been by my side at all times so this just feels strange. Just hope he can still be there for the birth in a few weeks

While things feel gloomy my animals help cheer me up so I thought I'd share a picture <3
While in lockdown they're making the most of lazing about. I had the fire going so they were quite content. Some days I wish I was a cat!

Screenshot_20200326-105148_Gallery.jpg

A cats life! How lovely!

here is my pups, squeezed into one little bed waiting for me to finish working for the day.

animals are so oblivious must be so lovely

B4BCCC23-ABAA-455B-8CDD-35346DF4A0DD.jpeg

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. This is such a scary time. Last weekend I was so poorly with high temp,a sickness and a cough. They took me in and tested me for covid 19. That was a long 24 hours waiting for results but all clear and put on antibiotics which resulted in me getting thrush too.

My previous babies all came a little early, this one seems to scared to enter our world. Having a growth scan next week and to make a plan. No partners to our scans too but so far they are allowed at birth.. but if further lock down happens we won't be allowed birthing partners either.

@SugaryIris animals are some of the best therapy in times like these, they're gorgeous <3

@Layney goodluck with your scan and I really hope it doesnt come down to having no partner/support. I'm worried about that too and considering a home birth now even though its all scaring me :/

We are strong and we will all get through this though! We will look back at these moments and remember that we were some of the toughest people around. And what a story we will have for our babies when they grow up

I had my growth scan today 36+6. They reckon she’s about 6lb 13oz at this point.

the sonographer asked how I’m doing and I said just worried about having to be alone in labour and she said she can’t see them doing that. She said it’s obviously really important that they reduce footfall but if the dads a risk then the mum would be too and it’s important for people to have support x

I wanted a home birth but they have cancelled them all here such a scary time to have a baby

I wanted a home birth but they have cancelled them all here such a scary time to have a baby

I’m sorry they’ve cancelled your home birth, hopefully you can still enjoy it in the hospital x

Happy April everyone!

16 days and counting till my due date..
I have a midwife appointment today, I was a little nervous yesterday when baby's movements weren't as active but clearly he was waiting till I fell asleep to remind me hes there. My stomach is beginning to get quite itchy again and I'm waking 3-5 times during the night which is frustrating but all good practice for what's to come.
Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Screenshot_20200401-033427_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back