April 2020 Mums

First lot of prostaglandin gel has been in for 5 hours now.. I've been walking around hoping gravity assists, I have some achey period like pains but nothing major yet, waiting for the second dose of gel soon.

* update I got examined and was at 2cm, they felt around and since then things are getting alot stronger now so heres hoping itll come quickly

Last edited:
First lot of prostaglandin gel has been in for 5 hours now.. I've been walking around hoping gravity assists, I have some achey period like pains but nothing major yet, waiting for the second dose of gel soon.

* update I got examined and was at 2cm, they felt around and since then things are getting alot stronger now so heres hoping itll come quickly

good luck! You’ll be holding your baby soon!! Xx

I'm now at 4cm, just had my waters broken so heres hoping things pick up. Baby has moved multiple times from spine to spine to the side and back again, he just wont make up his mind.

I'm feeling quite tired and deflated but hopefully I'll have him in my arms in next 24hrs
Things can really pick up after waters breaking! Your contractions should start to ramp up! Good luck hun!x

I'm now at 4cm, just had my waters broken so heres hoping things pick up. Baby has moved multiple times from spine to spine to the side and back again, he just wont make up his mind.

I'm feeling quite tired and deflated but hopefully I'll have him in my arms in next 24hrs

Things can move really fast country life! I didn't dilate even 1mm after my first prostaglandin then my 2nd one I was still the same after hours, contracting but no progress. They asked if I wanted pain relief for the contractions and I said I was fine. 10 minutes later I was crying in pain and got moved to labour and delivery. Hope you have your baby soon x

Almost 6 hours after having my waters broken and being put on a drip to increase contractions baby Leo was born 8lb 2oz <3 12 days overdue but still smaller than my daughter was. His heart rate kept dropping and they were worried his shoulder was stuck or something, he came out with the cord around his neck, arm and leg but happy and healthy, waiting to be discharged to go home now

Snapchat-493292993.jpg

We are day 4 earth side and Leo has constant wind that I can't seem to get out of him. Today has been the longest day and im almost ready to give him a dummy just to see if sucking while burping helps to bring it up or just to get an hrs nap, I just dont want to confuse him with breastfeeding so I'm still reluctant.

How is everyone else going?

We are day 4 earth side and Leo has constant wind that I can't seem to get out of him. Today has been the longest day and im almost ready to give him a dummy just to see if sucking while burping helps to bring it up or just to get an hrs nap, I just dont want to confuse him with breastfeeding so I'm still reluctant.

How is everyone else going?
There is no proof that babies get nipple confusion. I gave my LO a dummy on the second night as she was constantly feeding. My nipples were on fire and I was awake for 36 hours, crying of exhaustion and pain. That was the only night she ever accepted the dummy by the way. She never wanted one anymore. I have become the dummy lol
Maybe you could try some Infacol to see if it helps?

Edit: Try the dummy, you have nothing to lose! You're doing a good job Mummy!x

@Kitana I tried the dummy after all, it semi worked and have used it again today as he somehow drained both boobs and tried to make out like he was still hungry. I'm very fortune I have a decent milk supply and considering donating in future once we get into some kind of routine for feeding. I did have a giggle to myself that the dummy teat is half the size of my nipple as such.

Leo had his first bath today finally, We had him laying on the rug beforehand and he rolled onto his side! Hes unbelievably strong, holds his head up for a while when being burped/on my chest too. When hes getting grizzly the only thing that calms him apart from the boob is his sisters voice, he seems to adore her already <3 I'm so in love with my children and feel so very lucky

45202023220.jpg

@Kitana I tried the dummy after all, it semi worked and have used it again today as he somehow drained both boobs and tried to make out like he was still hungry. I'm very fortune I have a decent milk supply and considering donating in future once we get into some kind of routine for feeding. I did have a giggle to myself that the dummy teat is half the size of my nipple as such.

Leo had his first bath today finally, We had him laying on the rug beforehand and he rolled onto his side! Hes unbelievably strong, holds his head up for a while when being burped/on my chest too. When hes getting grizzly the only thing that calms him apart from the boob is his sisters voice, he seems to adore her already <3 I'm so in love with my children and feel so very lucky

View attachment 90769
You have beautiful children! How lucky your LO is with such a caring sister!:love:

View attachment 90769
Absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful daughter you have and Leo is adorable <3 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back