***April 2020 mummies***

I had booking in appointment and then a16 week appointment. My next appointment isn’t officially until 25 weeks but she said I could go again at about 21/22

Got my 16w midwife appointment this week, when do I need to start making a birthing plan and things and where do I even start?

all I know is I don’t want an epidural but apart from that I have no clue, how can I know what position I’d prefer if I’ve never been in labour? Seems a weird concept to me.

Got my 16w midwife appointment this week, when do I need to start making a birthing plan and things and where do I even start?

all I know is I don’t want an epidural but apart from that I have no clue, how can I know what position I’d prefer if I’ve never been in labour? Seems a weird concept to me.

I can’t remember when you do it but I think with my daughter I just got my info from reading about it and birthing classes.

I would bear in mind that birth is very unpredictable. My plan went completely out the window, I know a lot of people don’t even bother writing a plan x

I've only gone through it once so far and I was quite young at the time so I just went with the flow and had a very quick easyish birth (compared to my friends) however I'd say prepare for anything. I tried for a water birth but I got too relaxed, ended up with no pain relief giving birth semi sitting up with feet out wide and they ended up cutting me so she'd come out (giant head!) The only way I can describe birth personally is either like a ring of fire or literally pushing out the biggest sh*t of your life haha, it's an experience with so many different emotions and hopefully by the time it all comes round your midwife will know you and be a great help! Also I loooved antenatal classes, I took my mum and they were great!
I'm hopefully going to wing this birth too, im already trying to mentally prepare myself for a c section incase as it's my biggest fear. The idea of being awake with someone's hands in my body makes me feel sick and dizzy.. my obstetrician however told me I'm going to need to get over it :/

I've only gone through it once so far and I was quite young at the time so I just went with the flow and had a very quick easyish birth (compared to my friends) however I'd say prepare for anything. I tried for a water birth but I got too relaxed, ended up with no pain relief giving birth semi sitting up with feet out wide and they ended up cutting me so she'd come out (giant head!) The only way I can describe birth personally is either like a ring of fire or literally pushing out the biggest sh*t of your life haha, it's an experience with so many different emotions and hopefully by the time it all comes round your midwife will know you and be a great help! Also I loooved antenatal classes, I took my mum and they were great!
I'm hopefully going to wing this birth too, im already trying to mentally prepare myself for a c section incase as it's my biggest fear. The idea of being awake with someone's hands in my body makes me feel sick and dizzy.. my obstetrician however told me I'm going to need to get over it :/

yes! I’d be absolutely terrified of a c-section too! I’m planning I’m going to classes, when do people start going to them? X

Finally got my 2nd appointment but I will be 22 weeks. Desperate to hear heart beat. May buy a Doppler to use at home

Finally got my 2nd appointment but I will be 22 weeks. Desperate to hear heart beat. May buy a Doppler to use at home
I've wanted to do this too! But my midwife advised strongly against it as it can cause more anxiety if we cant find the right spot etc :/

@SugaryIris I'd say third trimester for classes, although I cant remember exactly..

So I have terrible pelvic floor muscles as is but I feel like I'm constantly needing to pee or going to the loo. I have no signs of any kind of infection or anything, I just feel like these babies are pushing on my bladder all day!
Hows everyone going?

I had my 20 week scan ❤️ everything looked good and we found out were having another girl. We will have 3 girls and a boy now... Our poor son

Congratulations on your baby girl x

Does anyone else feel their pregnancy is going so fast?! After Christmas we’ll be pretty much all in 3rd tri. How did that happen?!

Does anyone else feel their pregnancy is going so fast?! After Christmas we’ll be pretty much all in 3rd tri. How did that happen?!
It's going so quick. I start maternity leave end of January.. where did the time go

Not going to lie, I'm kind of hoping it keeps going quickly as my body is aching constantly already

Yes and no!! Been such a scary 18 weeks feels like an eternity, but on other hand Xmas is only round the corner and then it will be real countdown!

I am torn.. I am grateful I have one heart beating wriggley baby but unfortunately for reasons unknown I have lost one twin in the last couple of weeks or so and just found out.. I'd say it mustve past on before my midwife appointment on the 14th nov.. it just wasn't meant to be..
I am desperately waiting to hear from my midwife in the next couple of days about a full scan to do measurements on the baby and maybe some answers on the other one.. I'm not sure how to feel or handle it as the fetus hasnt disappeared and it looked so perfect at 12w 5d.. I've had no severe pains, no bleeding, nothing.. I'm so scared I will lose the other one now..
My girl is doing ok, shes a bit sad and been mega comforting to me, I'm currently sitting in bed with her asleep next to me, just listening to her breathe while my cat climbs all over my lap cuddling me too

I am torn.. I am grateful I have one heart beating wriggley baby but unfortunately for reasons unknown I have lost one twin in the last couple of weeks or so and just found out.. I'd say it mustve past on before my midwife appointment on the 14th nov.. it just wasn't meant to be..
I am desperately waiting to hear from my midwife in the next couple of days about a full scan to do measurements on the baby and maybe some answers on the other one.. I'm not sure how to feel or handle it as the fetus hasnt disappeared and it looked so perfect at 12w 5d.. I've had no severe pains, no bleeding, nothing.. I'm so scared I will lose the other one now..
My girl is doing ok, shes a bit sad and been mega comforting to me, I'm currently sitting in bed with her asleep next to me, just listening to her breathe while my cat climbs all over my lap cuddling me too

I’m so sorry to hear your news. I can totally understand why you’re feeling conflicted, you still have one blessing but that doesn’t take away from your loss and you have every right to feel however you feel.

I hope you manage to get some answers and am keeping everything crossed for your other baby :hugs:

Sorry to read that, that must be so hard. I hope they can give you some answers and a plan soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back