** April 2019 Testing **

Oh i see thanks.
I don't know any numbers unfortunately, the receptionist just told me the comments on the system were normal and i needed repeat bloods for progesterone.
I need to pick up my form for the blood tests anyway so shall i ask for my results on paper when i go to the doctors? x

i personally would want to know the numbers yes. if your interested in egg quality etc or the amount left, fsh is a soft indicator.
can you not view your blood results online? id look to set this up for both of you as a lot of results may be coming your way and youll be able to access them easier

i personally would want to know the numbers yes. if your interested in egg quality etc or the amount left, fsh is a soft indicator.
Okay great thanks, i am so new to all this so dont really have a clue what it all means.
Will hopefully be able to pick up my form today or tomorrow so if i can get the results from the receptionist i will let you all know xx

Okay great thanks, i am so new to all this so dont really have a clue what it all means.
Will hopefully be able to pick up my form today or tomorrow so if i can get the results from the receptionist i will let you all know xx

yeh every clinic has a different opinion on fsh - mine was 8.2 .. some say 9 and below some say 10 and below. tbh, amh is best one as its most reliable. thats why i have now paid for a AMH and its one of the ones im most dreading..!
also amh can be done anytime whereas fsh is more 'restrictive'

yeh every clinic has a different opinion on fsh - mine was 8.2 .. some say 9 and below some say 10 and below. tbh, amh is best one as its most reliable. thats why i have now paid for a AMH and its one of the ones im most dreading..!
Its all so confusing haha!
I am normally one to research into this kind of thing but i think i will wait until i get my results from day 21 and if all okay i wont need to research. Don't want to get myself worried and worked up if i don't need to. x

Its all so confusing haha!
I am normally one to research into this kind of thing but i think i will wait until i get my results from day 21 and if all okay i wont need to research. Don't want to get myself worried and worked up if i don't need to. x

your day 21's will be fine as long as your ovulating thats all that ones checking. but just be sure to do it at a good time as it is based on a day 14 Ovulation.
for me it was the 2-5s that were biggest worry only because of FSH etc.. if its normal its normal so you wont be getting 'too old' or have low egg reserve based on that test but FSH isnt considered most reliable test for that , thats where AMH comes in..

your day 21's will be fine as long as your ovulating thats all that ones checking. but just be sure to do it at a good time as it is based on a day 14 Ovulation.
for me it was the 2-5s that were biggest worry only because of FSH etc.. if its normal its normal so you wont be getting 'too old' or have low egg reserve based on that test but FSH isnt considered most reliable test for that , thats where AMH comes in..
Thanks Sophie, it all still goes over my head - i will worry about all of that if i need to, bloods have come back normal and hopefully when i go baack for the day 21's that will all be fine too x

Thanks Sophie, it all still goes over my head - i will worry about all of that if i need to, bloods have come back normal and hopefully when i go baack for the day 21's that will all be fine too x

cant see why day 21s be a issue tbh.. but please tell us them semi crutial FSH nos!!
:p

Okay thank you Moomin - looks like i will have to start my OPK's tomorrow morning which will make me CD13. I then go for my bloods 7 days after the peak opk right?
(sorry for the questions ladies) xx

That's what I would do. The only other thing I could think of if you really don't want to use opks this cycle is to take your best estimate at when you think you've ovulated and go 7 days after that. Only issue would be if you're way off you will then end up needing a repeat test and I remember you saying you hate needles! You'd know if you guessed wrong if AF didn't turn up as expected which should help with any anxiety but won't get you out of a repeat test. As you have fairly regular cycles it's highly likely that you're ovulating.

I'd say it is definitely important to make sure your progesterone tests are done on the right day and that you get the exact results rather than just the interpretation of whether they're ok! My results came back as fine but when I took them to a fertility consultant it turned out that because they were at the very bottom of the range they weren't high enough to maintain pregnancy! I also wasn't ovulating every month even though my cycle was always very regular! I ended up having to have a lot of hormone support to conceive and maintain a pregnancy, which would never have even been diagnosed by the gp. The only indication that anything was wrong was that I experienced spotting before af as my progesterone levels dropped xx

I'd say it is definitely important to make sure your progesterone tests are done on the right day and that you get the exact results rather than just the interpretation of whether they're ok! My results came back as fine but when I took them to a fertility consultant it turned out that because they were at the very bottom of the range they weren't high enough to maintain pregnancy! I also wasn't ovulating every month even though my cycle was always very regular! I ended up having to have a lot of hormone support to conceive and maintain a pregnancy, which would never have even been diagnosed by the gp. The only indication that anything was wrong was that I experienced spotting before af as my progesterone levels dropped xx
This is interesting. Although my day 21 results were at 70 I get spotting a couple days before my period for past couple months. It’s not usually the case for me. Perhaps it’s just the odd couple
Months but if this continues I may speak to my local fertility clinic. Been thinking of doing that.

This is interesting. Although my day 21 results were at 70 I get spotting a couple days before my period for past couple months. It’s not usually the case for me. Perhaps it’s just the odd couple
Months but if this continues I may speak to my local fertility clinic. Been thinking of doing that.
Yeah, maybe worth while. I know spotting isn't always a sign of low progesterone but it certainly was for me xx

My AMH was only 3.7 and I got 7 eggs in ivf and 6 fertilised and 3 high grade blastocyte made it to day 5. They told me that's amazing for my amh and it isn't always a true reflection of egg quality but rather quantity and is more of an idicator of time to menopause.

A few ppl at my clinic had 5 times the amh level I did and most of them ended up with only 1 embryo some got none.

All these blood tests still don't really tell us what's going on .

I just went on day 23 for my day 21 progesterone test as day 21 fell on a Saturday. I didn't use opks I just picked day 21 as I have a 28-30 day cycle and my gp said didn't have to be bang in day 21. My Level came back at just below 50 so that was fine. I've never had it re checked and I've always had browny dc before my period. I think if you temp you can see that you get a temp rise after ovulation and that is caused by progesterone. If you get your period 14 days post your temp rise then you have a normal Luteal phase. I've bought ovusense to closely track a few cycles to see if that tells me any other info I haven't found out. I temped and opk'd for years and still none the wiser about my cycle. I learned that I got af before my temp dropped and that's that about it

My AMH was only 3.7 and I got 7 eggs in ivf and 6 fertilised and 3 high grade blastocyte made it to day 5. They told me that's amazing for my amh and it isn't always a true reflection of egg quality but rather quantity and is more of an idicator of time to menopause.

A few ppl at my clinic had 5 times the amh level I did and most of them ended up with only 1 embryo some got none.

All these blood tests still don't really tell us what's going on .

Thanks Alexis you're very right its all just a guide.. im guessing just to be able to give you a % chance from their stand point? Best of luck with your next transfer :)

Morning ladies, I’ve woken up to tingly boobs this morning!! Not something I usually get before af. I’m thinking of testing on Saturday, my last cycle was 29 days which would make me due on Wednesday which I had down as my testing day, but I’m usually bang on a 26 day cycle. Also we’re having an Easter party on Saturday afternoon so I’ll know if it’s ok to have a wine or 3 or if I’ll be pretending with Shloer!

Morning ladies, I’ve woken up to tingly boobs this morning!! Not something I usually get before af. I’m thinking of testing on Saturday, my last cycle was 29 days which would make me due on Wednesday which I had down as my testing day, but I’m usually bang on a 26 day cycle. Also we’re having an Easter party on Saturday afternoon so I’ll know if it’s ok to have a wine or 3 or if I’ll be pretending with Shloer!
This is so exciting Niknaknoo :dust:
Lots of dust coming your way hun! Can't wait for you to test xx

Oh we are going to test Saturday too. We were just discussing when to do test. I’m due af tomorrow but fingers crossed no sign. I seem to get spotting for a few days before and nothing no far. I also said my boobs seem bigger as almost like getting in my way. My oh laughed but I know what I mean. Lol.

Oh we are going to test Saturday too. We were just discussing when to do test. I’m due af tomorrow but fingers crossed no sign. I seem to get spotting for a few days before and nothing no far. I also said my boobs seem bigger as almost like getting in my way. My oh laughed but I know what I mean. Lol.
Lots of baby dust coming your way Lolly :dust: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back