Appointment following failed IVF

xMillie

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering what to expect at our next appointment?
It's on the 9th and no information was given, they just sent an appointment card in the post.

OH got a little mad when I said it's very unlikely we will be starting a new cycle there and then. I've read most clinics want your body to have a break from the drugs, which makes sense. It's an hour drive to our clinic and not the most enjoyable so he's moaning it's a bit of a wasted trip if they're going to tell us things we already know or could be said over the phone.

Only 1 egg was fertilised so no chance of frozen transfer. :(

hi I didn't want to just read and go without commenting I am not sure about fertility appointments as I am just starting out with going to the local fertility clinic having just been referred but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope you get the outcome you want at your appointment and future too xx

At our appointments they reviewed the whole cycle and discussed drugs and doses and what they could have done differently which might have changed the outcome, we discussed medicated and natural cycles. Have you any embryos frozen? If you have the discussion will be about using those and how to do it and when to start etc.. Do you ovulate on your own? Xx

Thanks for the info! and thank you Jem for posting I wish you the best of luck on your journey too.

Sadly only 4 eggs were collected. Straight away after collection they said 1 of them wasn't viable.
Then only one fertilised and was good to transfer. The other 2 did not and were discarded.
So we have none frozen. :(

Thankfully I do ovulate. Wish it did some good!

We only had one after our fresh cycle and are having one after the last cycle (we've not had it yet). We didn't have one after the first frozen cycle.

He took a good look at the whole cycle, the number of eggs retrieved, fertilised, the egg quality, my lining etc to see if they'd change anything going forward or could find a reason why it might have failed. Sadly in my case everything looked perfect on paper so he put it down to just being bad luck. As I had frozen embryos, he explained that I was entitled to two frozen cycles on the NHS which I didn't know, and told me how we would go about doing that.

It's clearly not "just bad luck" now it's happened three times with four embryos so this time I'm going to push for more tests, even if we don't proceed to have any more treatment. I wish I'd done that the first time. Xx

Thanks for posting Phonix, I hope 2017 is your year, you've certainly been through a lot

It's frustrating hearing everything should be working fine when clearly it's not!
I'm afraid that is exactly what I'm going to hear :(

Thank you <3 Even though we want there to be no problems, it would be nice to get some answers... I hope you get that! Xxx

With my failed cycle last year, they asked that I have three periods before I requested treatment again. I don't know if that is standard or wether it varies between clinics xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back