Starting IVF in 3 weeks...

Bead

Reaction score
Here we go again on the IVF rollercoaster!

Had a really positive meeting with the consultant this week who said our chances are good - she's going to add two new sets of drugs this time... a steroid to hopefully improve the number of eggies (only got two before, although they were both good quality and both fertilised), and heparin to thin the blood due to the m/c last time. It's just as daunting second time around! :oooo:

I've not been on the forum much recently, but see there's load to catch up with! It's nice that there are a few of us going through the same thing at the mo so we can share experiences.

And LouiseB what's this about waiting for the summer!? You're soooo patient, I grabbed the first slot going! :)

Xx

Ooohhhhh things are getting really exciting lately! I wish you the best of luck bead!!

Nice to see you back bead, best of luck to you xx

You got that right loopy, it must defo be that spring air it's all go

Sending you Lots & lots of luck bead, I'll be thread stalking you now, excitedly waiting for your bfp announcement :clover:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

xxxxx

Congrats Bead! 3 week?! OMG, so exciting :dance:

And LouiseB what's this about waiting for the summer!? You're soooo patient, I grabbed the first slot going! :)

lol - i'm all up and down at the moment, can't decide :)

I have my appointment next Tuesday for funding, and then will be onto CARE to get a consultation with them to discuss treatment.

If they turn around and say "would you like to start treatment now?" i have no idea how i'd respond, especially because i think hubby will be agreeing with them because he doesn't give a rats about a summer baby lol

How exciting, wishing you all the luck in the world xxx

Hi Bead, 3 weeks eh?? Thats really soon. Sounds like the consultant has a good plan and is giving you everything you need. Hope the weeks fly by for you. xxxxx

All the best Bead, I hope you will get a sticky bean very-very soon. xxx

Awwww so happy for you and wish you all the luck in the world...

Keep us updated, hope this will be a BFP..

Donna x

Brilliant news hun, wishing you lots of luck xx

How exciting. I'll be checking up on you to see how you are going.

I too am on the IVF journey and I have been on the Pill now for two weeks, one more week to go then i start the meds. I hope to go into hospital for the procedure on 24th May i can't wait.

I will be posting regular updates to help those on the same journey and share experiences. It's gonna be a long ride but i am quite excited.

xxxxx

Great news, best of luck, hope you get a really sticky BFP. :)

xx

Thanks all for your 'sticky bean' thoughts :)

Kerrieanne, is this your first time going through IVF? Do you know which drugs you'll be taking? Wishing you the very best of luck. I remember last time it all seemed to happen so quickly because of all the appointments and scans (apart from the dreaded 2ww which lasted an eternity!!)

Xx

Thanks all for your 'sticky bean' thoughts :)

Kerrieanne, is this your first time going through IVF? Do you know which drugs you'll be taking? Wishing you the very best of luck. I remember last time it all seemed to happen so quickly because of all the appointments and scans (apart from the dreaded 2ww which lasted an eternity!!)

Xx

This is my first IVF and hopefully my last! When i went for my appointment a few weeks ago i couldn't believe she said we could start the ball rolling on my next cycle :lol:

So far ive had 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid and my doc didn't feel the need to put me though anymore.

I will be posting an update next Thursdau when i know more about the meds and will update regularly like a little journal. I do hope time does go by quickly but i know too well what the TWW feels like, four SLOW years of it in fact :(

I feel positive about this because so far nothing has been found wrong with either me or hubby so in theory we have good odds, right? Anyway i'm holding onto that :)

I will keep fingers toes and everything crossed for us xx

DEFINITELY good odds Kerrieanne! :)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111