IVF waiting list??

NickNack

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

After reading quite a few posts on here about ladies going private as the waiting list with the NHS for IVF Is too long. Can anyone fill me in.

I was told by our consultant that if I don't Concieve naturally by Sept, we will start IVF I already have my appointment to go back on Sept 10th. (will this appointment be to get the balls rolling? Or to just add me to a waiting list)

When I asked the consultant if there was a waiting list he said that we would start within 16 weeks which is 4 months?? Depending on the availability of appointments?

What sort of waiting times is everyone else being advised? Is what I've been told realistic or have I just been fobbed of with 16 weeks when it's really going to be longer?

If anyone can shed light on waiting times for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Xx

hi it will all depend on what PCT u r in. My guess would be u will be added to the IVF waiting list wen u go ur next appt and from then it wud be 16 weeks before things started. If u r considering private and money cud be an issue, quite a few PCTs do funded NHS cycle which work out a bit cheaper than going completely private. I doubt u wudstart straight away like u wud if u were completely private but it cud reduce it.

Phone up ur PCT or ACU and see what they say. Good luck.

just did some research and apparently the PCT that covers my area the waiting list is a maximum of 18 weeks from referral to when you start treatment so hopefully this is the case. I don't think I can't take waiting 3 years and then a further year or more before we get started. Why does everything have to be so hard !? Sorry for the rant x

I live in south wales, and was placed on the ivf list last year. Here the list is about 12 months long, and I was considering self funded treatment when I conceived naturally. 4 months is very lucky, as Ive heard many women have to wait for a year or longer, depending on where they live. I hope you're like me and manage it without ivf, if not, I hope you get your treatment soon, waiting is horrendous!

in our pct the published waiting time is 18 weeks. we were referred in January, first appointment 6 weeks later where they reviewed our referral and agreed with it. we're starting on my next cycle.

without knowing where you are it's very difficult - some places are really quick others have long lists. it sounds like you might be incredibly lucky like us. I still can't believe how quickly this has happened especially when the horror stories are all you hear in the media

As been said it all depends where you are. We were told we need IVF/ICSI at our appointment Feb 15th and we have our first appointment tomorrow and would be able to start from my next cycle but we have to wait until the one after aswe're going on holiday.

If it is 16 weeks that really is excellent. I am 16 to 24 MONTHS!

Last edited:
I am with herts and Essex and we have been told we can start next cycle after out first appointment. I was surprised. What are your clinic options. We were offered Barts and I was told it would be 4 months so it really does vary x

Hello Everyone,

--------------------------------------------
Bloom IVF Center is one of the best center in tricity which provides health services in Vitro Fertilization, Surrogacy.:)

Hi,
We were told we needed IVF sept 2011 were put on the waiting list and then had our egg collection on July 1st 2012 they did some tests during this waiting time, hysteroscopy, hycosy etc it was worth the wait! I'm now 32 weeks following a FET. Best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back