ivf embryo transfer completed - not holding out much hope

babytreasure

Reaction score
Hi ladies, feeling down today.

I found out last year I would need to use an egg donor to have a child due to premature ovarian failure. My lovely sister offered and on Friday the eggs were collected- a massive 19 mature eggs.

Obviously feeling very pleased with that result until the phone call on Saturday. Only one had fertilised and the one remaining would needed to be transferred providing it split last night.

Today we went to the clinic to be told it had split and would be transferred but chances of success were limited. As you can imagine I am absolutely gutted. OH is trying to remain positive but it isn't rubbing off on me.

I asked the embryologist if they had any idea why so many didn't fertilised and she gave a very cagey response, we also asked the doctor who again didn't want to commit to an answer until we had the result of the transfer I'm 2 weeks.

The doctors said they may need to use icsi during initial consultation but this was not used as they felt the sperm were within 'normal parameters'. Could this have impacted greatly?

I think this is harder as this was fully self funded as my pct do not offer any ivf on NHS. This has completely cleared out our savings, and will most likely prevent us trying again for a least a year as we will have to start again, close to £8000.

I have beengoogling sucess stories since I got home from transfer and it is really not as common as I had hoped. Sorry bit of a pointless rant really.

am sorry ill be keeping every thing crossed for you that hopefully it works this time for you. sending you a big hug xxxxxxxx

Welcome to the forum. Please do not lose hope I spoke to a girl on Friday night (was introduced at a party as she had ICSI at the same clinic we are going to) and the same thing happened! They were told they chances were low! Fast forward to the party last night and they had a gorgeous little 5 month old girl. Keep the faith! And please keep us all informed. Love Gizmo xxx

I have my fingers crossed for you xxxxxx

If it's any consolation at my ivf appointment they said embryos develop better inside the human body so if they only have 1 it will always go back on day 2 as keeping them out is only used to select which ones to put back in.

I really hope this works for you

Really hope it works for you! Xxx

Like all the other girls have said, fx for you, really hope it works, I'll be going through the same experience come July xx

Really hope that little embryo is making itself at home. How are you feeling now? Like the others say, try not to give up hope just yet xxx

I have everything crossed for you , hope that embryo is sticking X

reALLY REALLY hope you are one of the success stories!
Keep us updated, good luck!! xxx

Hiya BT :)

They should have done ICSI, no question. You're paying and can't afford another soon so whats a little extra money up front? Low or failed fertilisation with IVF is common.

Have you had your transfer now? What grade was th embryo? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back