Anyone with a squeamish OH?

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Thinking about the birth plan now I'm seriously worried about my rather squeamish OH who can't stand the sight of blood. We've discussed things like cutting the cord and he's been quite honest and said he might pass out so he doesn't want to. I think he might change his mind but suppose we'll have to wait and find out!

I don't mind as long as he's there but my mum will be in reserve just in case!

Righ up to when I was induced my hubby was not going to be there with me as he feels sick watch ER :roll: but he said he couldnt miss it... and he was fantastic, the mw's are good and as long as he lets them know he is squeamish, they will tell him when not to look "down there"

My OH hates blood & is pretty squeamish - he can't even watch casualty. I was a bit worried how he'd be but he was brilliant during the birth & even cut the cord afterwards. Beforehand he said he was definitely staying at the 'head' end but tried to sneak a peek just as Austin came out.

In my birth plan I wrote that I wanted OH to be offered the chance to cut the cord & if he declined my mum would be offered.

he'snot gone into detail about what he thinks to be honest
but he has sadi he's staying Norht of the border and not going any where near the south end.

He also said he hopes that Collier comes out all nice and clean
and if not that the mifwifes get rid of the blood poo ect before handing his son over.

But i am more then sure with the James has been with me and the bump :D that he'll be diving for the first hold of our son before the midwife cuts the cord. :hug: :hug: :hug: bless his heart he love us both so much.

i think the blood will be forgotten at the sight of our beautiful Son :cheer:

mine HATES blood and any female gunk. He couldnt bear it if i had a period so he was pretty lucky i only had like, two a year :D

He shudders at the WORD 'placenta' let alone the sight of it! I have to call it a Placebo :lol: When he read over my shoulder once on a weekly pregnancy thing about 'increased vaginal muscous' he had to stop reading it!
he was going to wait outside for the birth but in recent weeks announced he is a changed man and wants to be there at the top end :shock:

I think he has no idea how messy it will be!!!!!!

i havent dared tell him just how much blood and water may come gushing out. i have suggested maybe he really wont like it but he insists now. Oh well he'll have to deal with it or leave the room!!!

my hubby is really bad with blood and stuff to the point where a papercut will make him pass out,
i have written about it in my birthplan that he is to be offered a chance to cut the cord depending on how brave he feels and that he should be free to leave the room whenever he wants for some air, i think me having a homebirth has made it easier for him as he can go for a wonder outside if he really wants without anyone questioning him,
i think that when the time comes all our blokes will be so happy they are now dads that they will forget about everything else thats going on :)
manda xx

mines not squimish at all, hes looking forward to the mess i think :rotfl: but i know he really wants to cut the cord

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back