My OH *Rolls eyes*

Little Bump

Reaction score
He now comes home for lunch 'in case I'm in labour' (yeah, 'cos I'll probably forget to mention it during one of his hourly phone calls eh?)

So, this lunchtime he sits staring at my bump and the conversation goes like this;

OH: You know, she wants to come out asap
ME: Not yet she doesn't.
OH: You know, I'm getting a bit fed up with the length of this pregnancy, it's seemed a really long time
ME: Oh, you poor, poor thing, it's been so trying for YOU :evil:
OH: I really can't wait to meet her you know.
ME: (Softening a little) awww it'll not be too long now.
OH: But...what of we don't get on?
ME: Eh??
OH: You know, some people you meet and you just don't click with them...
ME: Oh, if that's the case we'll not invite her round no more....

I mean WTF???

The other day he actually asked me what I'll do if the baby doesn't like me!!

Cheers mate, something else to worry about!!

Idiot!!

Oh...he's worried how he'll cope in labour too!! I told him he keeps his mouth shut, comments to himself and does what he's told and he'll cope fine!

:rotfl: OH's are sooo funny. I like the bit about just not inviting her round haha

I asked my OH last night if he was excited all i got was "yeah ecstatic" but in a really sarcastic voice lol there so useless sometimes.

xx

Lordy my Oh is driving me mad too!

I have been having pains for the last few days and he is sooooo excited I keep telling him it wont be for a while but he insists that she will be out any day now he seems to be somparing me to my sister who was due 2 days after me and had her son at 28 weeks :doh:

tell him if they dont get on he will have to move out :lol:

:rotfl: Ah bless him!

My Mum keeps talking to other Nans and says things like "I hope she loves me" & "I hope she gets all excited when you announce that we're going round Nanny's house!" I keep trying to reassure her that Evie will idolise her, I'm sure of it, but she has this nagging feeling that Evie will be bored of my Mum soon because we'll probably be living here together until she's about 4 months old!

I haven't even met my own daughter yet! And Mum's worrying about whether she'll be bored of seeing my Mum soon!? :lol:

He is sweet though, if a little deluded as to what a newborn will be like...

He phoned Sky up last week and added the kids package so we get Disney channel, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr etc...He actually thought there'd be some interest sparked at that age....

See, his heart's in the right place-he's just a moron!

That's adorable! He sounds so excited - bless adding the kids package to sky 8 weeks before you're even due!

Men do say stupid things sometimes though, I was worrying about how much weight I'd put on round my bum during my last pregnancy, he reassured me I hadn't & looked fine, then that evening came up behind me, grabbed my bum & said 'you're right actually, it is bigger' :roll:

ahh this thread made me smile so much :) am a bit miffed at my OH cos he's made a bid for escape round to his Grandad's.. to be fair gramps did phone up and ask for him to help him fix his mobility scooter but Lee was outta the door in a flash without so much as a kiss bye bye LOL! he seems to have a radar for my stroppiness.. i got in an arse cos he wouldn't move off the pc earlier so i could get the number for the social fund people :roll: n this thread makes me realise that he's a bloody star and i love him loads :wink: i'll make him sommat nice for tea i think lol :wink:

My OH has finished working offshore now, so now hes home every night and cooking and cleaning. Still cant get him do the ironing but then I cant have it all.

What has amazed me about my OH is that he is just so into the whole pregnancy he even reads my pregnancy magazines when he's home. Weve been watching all the baby programmes together on Discovery health, its been so great to have him so into all this.

I think he is starting to shit himself now though, now that the birth is approaching, he is definitely a worrier.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bless him!! His hearts in the right place!!!

I think my OH is prone to the other end of the scale and prob wont believe I'm actually in labour until his daughter is in his arms!

He "does not know what all this labour pain fuss is over" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Little Bump said:
He is sweet though, if a little deluded as to what a newborn will be like...

He phoned Sky up last week and added the kids package so we get Disney channel, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr etc...He actually thought there'd be some interest sparked at that age....

See, his heart's in the right place-he's just a moron!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think eventually the preggo brain passes to the men :roll: :lol:

My hubby has been telling me to 'calm down with the spending we have a few months yet' :oops:
Which always gets me a bit annoyed because I've actually got nearly all 2nd hand stuff or free from work colleagues so spending hasn't been that bad at all and all the 'new' things I need are stuff like the pushchair, steriliser and bottle set, change bag etc....not like I've gone mad with teddies and cot sets or anything :shakehead:

Anyway...I just thought - fair enough you're right, we do have a FEW months yet :bored:

He turned round on wednesday this week and told me that his work colleagues had been asking how I was fairing at work and when he told them I finish next week they were shocked saying that 6-6.5months is really early for maternity leave :wall: :twisted:

I politely pointed out to him that actually I was already over 7 months and would be almost 7.5 by my last day of work :talkhand: I also reminded him that I'd used up my holidays before my pay kicks in.
Certainly explains why he thought I was rushing...he was a whole month behind :rotfl:

So then last night he tells me that he'd let his colleagues know he'd got the dates wrong and someone turned round and said "are you sure?? She can't be 7.5months - I saw her in Tescos at lunch the other day and she's really small. Either that or she's hiding it...." :shock:

*eh-hem* YES I am small but since I was only a size 8-10 to start with and I'm now a size 12 with a tidy bump I certainly don't FEEL small :evil: :talkhand: Baby is also perfectly normal size and doing well.
hubby knows I get this at work regularly and it annoys me so WHHHHHHY did he think that I needed to know what his stupid work mates who I don't even know said?? :wall:

*sigh* I love him to peices and I don't mean to slate him but I'm just reitterating the point that I think the preggo brain rubs off on the men :lol:

hahahha i think you are right Noor :rotfl: Not only preggo brain but also hormonal stroppiness :shock: my OH got woken up by the dog barking this morning whilst i was in the bedroom gettin dressed...grumpy sod muttered sommat then pulled the duvet right over his head :rotfl: I find it highly amusing cos he's doin exactley what i did earlier in the pregnancy but i seem to be over that mega tiredness thing now and he's caught it instead :sleep: he also seems to have a bigger belly than me :shock: went through two packets of biscuits the other night he did :doh: :rotfl: NO ITS ME THATS SPOSED TO BE EATING FOR TWO LOVE!!!!! :rotfl: honesty he's gained at least 2 and a half stone since i fell pregnant which is a whole stone more than me! :shock: :lol: looks good for it mind - he was a skinny little runt before ;)

Hes probaly just worried

Its a totally new thing

An OH that tells you how he feels is better than 1 that doesnt say anything

:hug:

PMSL.... tell him he doesnt have to like her, just as long as he loves her :rotfl:

Noooooo Spritzer-my Mum used to say that to me lol

I used to play up and she'd square me up then it's go something like this;

Me; You don't love me

Mum; Of course I love you-I've GOT TO....I don't particularly like you....but I have to love you, it's the LAW

:?

He'll like her lol he's just panicking as he isn't particularly fond of his friends baby...I said it'll be different when she comes out and you know you MADE her....

Then he asked what we'd do if she came out looking like his friend Steve (who's always joking it's his baby) and I just laughed....

I swear he looked at me and his eyes were screaming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back