Having an OH moan :(

Hunnie

Reaction score
Cutting a long story short my OH is a workaholic and won't admit it. I know it isn't always a bad thing and i shouldnt moan but it's really starting to get to me and I'm worrying what he's going to be like once baby is here as I really really don't want to be left on my own and have to cope with it all without him :(.

Tonight he was meant to be at work but it has been cancelled due to weather conditions. Within seconds of being told this and putting the phone down, he had already starting ringing someone else and arranging to do some work for them instead. We don't often get to spend a lot of time with each other anymore and it just upset me that he goes on about spending time just us together before LO arrives, knowing full well that he doesn't have to be out of the house till 9 tomorrow morning instead of the usual 4/5 am and that he still passed up the opportunity for us to have a quiet night in to go out and work instead.

I've asked him what days he's working for his usual boss this week and it's every day and night till Thursday but he then went on about how he's rung someone else up and is arranging to work Christmas eve. I then asked what he's working after Christmas and same again he plans to work from boxing day up until the new year and from then until my due date. We still need to go and get his little boy his christmas presents this week but now it's being left to me to go alone as he's working :/.

He's told the guy he does most of his work for that once LO is here that he will be taking a couple of weeks off work. He's then turned round to me and said that he's arranged or planning to arrange some days working in between this two week period for some other people he knows.

I wouldn't mind if we were completely on our arse skint but we aren't. It just seems like recently he's got so greedy when it comes to money that he's forgetting what actually matters in life :'(.

:hugs: are you sure it's not anxiety about the baby that's making him work all these hours? I'd sit down and talk with him.
My oh owns his own factory and we've already planned for him to go into work a few hours a day while he's on pat leave. I think this will make the time at home more enjoyable as he won't be worrying about work!!

Hope he realises you need him too x x

I agree with Sue maybe it's like his way of 'nesting' and getting ready for the baby iykwim? I hope ur ok

I agree maybe he has got himself worried about money for when the baby is here or something? Im sure if you let him know you would like some time with him and you over christmas he may arrange some time off xx

I'd definitely talk to him, men don't realise sometimes how things effect us emotionally. I think they feel like that's their role in the baby making process - to look after us financially. Remind him of their other responsibilities!

He does get worried about money a lot when there isn't really any need but I suppose that's just him and I have to live with that.

I have tried talking to him but he just thinks I'm having a go at him and that I need to be more grateful that he wants to make sure we can have absolutely everything we could ever want. To be fair to him he didn't work as much last christmas because he wanted to stay home with me and for us to be able to go out so yeah I think you're all right that this is just his way of nesting.

Hopefully we will have the house keys this week and he will finally be able to chill out in his own space so that make him want to stay at home a bit more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back