Cord cutting

BabyBrain

Reaction score
My sister in law asked my OH last night if he was planning on cutting the cord, which sent him into a spiralling panic :D. He's thinking about it but tbh he is so squeamish it's freaking him out a bit lol. Whenever I have needed him he has been amazing but I think he's so overwhelmed by the whole labour thing. He didn't even know that dads could do this so it was a bit of a shock for him lol.

Is anyone else's OH going to cut the cord? xxxxxxxxxxx

mine is he says he wants to do it, but to be honest hun i dont think it really matters ur OH is still gonna bond with ur baby if he cuts the cord of he doesnt xx

My OH is cutting the cord. Didn't expect him to be so determind to do it to be honest, but he's adament he won't change his mind.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

No my OH won't do it. He's too squeamish I think.

We've agreed that he can decide at the time - if e wants to, great, if he doesn't it's not a problem. It's entirely his choice - we'll see how he feels wen the time comes. X

Think mine is quite keen to do this but will decide when the time comes!

My boyfriend wanted to but had C-section so was a rush job as emergency so he missed out but he got the first cuddle of course :) x

My OH wants to do it!! In fact he's quite looking forward to it!

I think he'll decide as it comes. Probably depends on how many times the poor sod has passed out before hand lol

With dd my dh didn't want to but when it came to it he did. Thing is they gave him blunt scissors to start with lol he said it was like chopping gristle up when he eventually got the sharp scissors !!

Dont think my oh will, he didnt with our little boy, but tbh the baby was getting a little distressed so i think he will leave it to the profesionals. If he decides its fine but im not too fused either way, he has an amazing bond with our little boy so think it will be the same with princess when she arrives xx

My hubby really didn't think he'd want to when I was pregnant with Sam but he changed his mind when he was born and they asked him x

I asked DH about it the other week and a look of utter panic came over his face - but when i said - you can decide at the time he was a lot calmer, so i think thats what we're gonna go with.

After all - neither of us has done this before - he could be lying on the floor passed out. lol xxx

They don't let them at my hospital which is a great shame, 4 babies and was never let do it once :wall2:

They asked us when we did our birth plan. We said he didn't because he was swaying that way. But I'm going to add to it that he should be asked again at the time. I don't think he's a fan of gore he's very clean IYKWIM

Having my OH in the room is hard enough for him let alone cutting cord lol

My husband is a vegetarian and he said no way it will be like cutting a sausage when I asked him!

Think we really need to start talking about this stuff!! lol. Think he probably will but he can be quite squeamish - I've told him to stay at MY head end for the birth!! Suppose it depends on whether or not I end up with a section for my low placenta. How do other people stand on letting the cord finish pulsing before the cutting? Thought this was recommended but is it all just a bit of a rush at the end? Has anyone else asked for this to happen?

My DH says he wants to cut the cord but we will have to see on the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back