anyone had sciatica...?

leckershell

Reaction score
My midwife confirmed that the pains I've been having in my leg (sometimes both legs depending on the day!) are Sciatica.

Has anyone else had this during/after pregnancy or otherwise? Any ideas on how to make it feel better for a bit?! And also, anyone who had it during pregnancy, does it stay around for long afterwards or does it go away as soon as the baby's not lying on the nerves anymore?

m

yes my midwife confirmed i have it, nothing seems to help apart from a bath which takes it away for about 10 mins

Hi

I had sciatica in pregnancy and found that sitting on my birthing ball and rotating my hips fixed the problem after about a week (as long as you sit on the ball every day!)

I'm now four weeks post birth and the sciatica returned after the first week - apparently the sudden loss of the baby weight made my posture change and the nerves trap again. It's just starting to ease now, but mainly because i had an emergency c section and haven't been able to exercise :(

hiya i had it from 26 weeks on was on crutches as no feeling in left leg. good news is it went about 2 hours after i gave birth but it was because baby had been sitting on sciatic nerve (little monkey) a warm bath helps to warm up muscles and keep feet moving even when sitting

Hi

I had it with my dd and it was really painful and on worst days I couldnt move my left leg and so when I walked I was basically dragging my left leg to be able to get anywhere. I found plenty of rest and not over doing it helped. I'm dreading it returning with baby 4 when and if that happens. I've had minor bouts of it after pregnancy but only once or twice.

I get Sciatic all the time and im not pregnant :wall: :wall: :wall:

They think it comes froma trauma to the abck when i was younger. I have really strong pain killers but i guess if you are berast feeding this might not be the best idea! I find that not sitting for too long or laying down for too long helps, just keep moving if you can. If not get someone to massage your back - i find that works a treat!

see I was the opposite with mine and found mine was worse if I walked for long periods of time or stood on my feet for lenghty periods such as ironing ect. Like I said I'm dreading it returning again this time when I finally fall pregnant but oh well such is life. I also suffered terribly with hemaroids in my last pregnany so no doubt that will return as well and it took ages after the pregnancy to sort it self out.

yea had it think they gave me iron but then i was low on iron, pain seemed to go away then when i was on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back