Sciatica after the birth

Mildly

Reaction score
I didn't get sciatica throughout pregnancy but seem to have developed it since the birth. I was wondering if this might have anything to do with the epidural that I had as the sciatica seems to be on the same side as the leg that took longer to regain feeling after the birth. It can be quite painful at night sometimes. Have anyone else experienced this? And if so did it stay around for a while or get better by itself?

I had it bad throughout my 1st pregnancy and got attacks of it after the birth as well. I never had it at all during my 2nd pregnancy but have been suffering terribly since I gave birth. I think it is made worse with lifting Charlie and he is a baby who likes to be walked about :roll:

However, if you haven't had it before maybe get it checked out to make sure it's nothing to do with the epidural :think:

For me, I get an attack and it usually lasts for a couple of days after I have rested it, the attack I've just had has lasted for about 4 weeks and is still not fully better but I haven't had chance to rest it. I find a hot water bottle and some strong painkillers help to take the edge off.

Hope this helps, I can TOTALLY sympathise :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont have much advice on it but I had it when I was pregnant and it hurts like fook! So muchness hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

(I got it running down the top of my right leg and found that sleeping on my left side would help ease it)

Thanks fifi and Nicki :hug: Sending you :hug: s too and now I know how horrible sciatica is :hug:

I think I will let my doctor know as I've searched the internet and it doesn't seem to be a common problem. Perhaps it is just coincidence :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back