Leg pain / Sciatica???

Emma58

Reaction score
If anyone saw my post yesterday i started having leg aches and pains after being sat in my car for a couple of hours yesterday.

Today it is no better my legs esp my right one is driving me mad it is really achy and uncomfortable. Also I have low back pain, my bum hurts and I have had sharp pains in my hip all on the right side.

Does this sound like sciatica? I have been panicking about DVT but there is no swelling or anything and since it started yesterday I would know about it by now wouldn't I ??

You would most likely know about it if it was DVT. Sounds like classic sciatica to me (although I'm no expert!). I suffered with it a while back.

Worth a call to the doctors for a physio referral? There are exercises you can do to help.

I've had sciatica too - I saw a physio today about something else and she said it could be the pregnancy causing the sciatica. Mine eased off after a while - might be worth running it past your GP/ midwife.

Thanks guys.

I'm going to call GP in the morning and see if i can get an appointment. It is driving me mad.
When i'm stood up all my right side hurts so i sit down, that eases it for a while then i starts again and I have to have a walk about to ease it!!! Even my ankle and my foot aches and throbs.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh. :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry really needed to do that.

could be that pelvic gurdle pain, I get it and it hurts like hell :(

Babylicious said:
could be that pelvic gurdle pain, I get it and it hurts like hell :(

I've never heard of that before. What are the symptoms?
Whatever it is it's driving me mad.

What are the symptoms of PGP?

The pain is often one sided and may be concentrated in the buttock area. It may appear to jump from side to side or be accompanied by a general back pain or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). It can send shooting pains into your buttocks or down the back of your legs. If the pain is accompanied by pins and needles or numbness and extends further than your knee, it may be sciatica rather than PGP. You may also have pain in your hips. One or both of your legs may feel very weak and you may not be able to lift your legs, particularly when lying down.

it bloody hurts like hell

sounds more like that gurdle pain, sciatica causes numbness in your thigh when your having pains in lower back. Ive suffered with it for years :(

i went to dr a few weeks back who refferd me to physio and the physio gave me excersises to do that aggravte sciatica :wall: :wall: :wall: i find if i lie on the side that doesnt hurt and curl my legs up so the never isnt so stretched it helps alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back