Anyone got anything negative to say about the Bugaboo Chameleon?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Reasons you didn't go for it yourself? Feedback from friends / family who have one?

We're going pram shopping at the weekend and this is my fave by a mile but I want to be fully aware of any negatives

xxxxxxxxx

Sorry I cant help with this - but what colour you gonna get??? xxx

I love love love this pram! I fully gave it a good whirl in the shop, and loved it... The ONLY reason I never chose it, was because its quite common in my area, and seen loads of people with it! Sooo... Went for the iCandy, which I'm now worried about getting in time! Agh... If my pram is not here by 2weeks I want a refund and will be straight to buy the black bugaboo chameleon!

I loved this pram but the reason I didn't get it was because it would take up most of my boot space in the car. So I got the Bee instead. It folds small and is very light. Perfect for me!

they arent great "off road"
but as u live in islington guess this wont be an issue
off road means anything that isnt a flat smooth pavement!
xxx

My Sis and SIL both have Chameleons (my SIL is now preggers again) and my sister sold her's!

We live on the street BUT it is 3 flights of stairs before you actually reach our part of the house so I need to be able to get the pram and baby from street to our flat.

xxxxxxxxxx

My Sis and SIL both have Chameleons (my SIL is now preggers again) and my sister sold her's!

We live on the street BUT it is 3 flights of stairs before you actually reach our part of the house so I need to be able to get the pram and baby from street to our flat.

xxxxxxxxxx

Could you ask your sis to pop round and see how easy it is in your flat?!
Have you seen the iCandy limited edition London, black and white with the red bus?! Looks pretty compact.
I know the bee is definetly smaller and lighter. The iCandy cherry is pretty light and folds well too!xx

Could you ask your sis to pop round and see how easy it is in your flat?!
Have you seen the iCandy limited edition London, black and white with the red bus?! Looks pretty compact.
I know the bee is definetly smaller and lighter. The iCandy cherry is pretty light and folds well too!xx

SIL will do this tomorrow :lol: We'll turf my little nephew out LOL!

I don't like the Bee as much, looks a bit too flimsy - what with us having a winter baby?

xxxxxxxxx

Hehe! Poor lil guy :) its good your getting a shot! I'm not keen in the bee either, it's the curves that put me off!
I do love how you can jazz up a bugaboo tho, you can get custom hoods and footmuff on eBay!x

i think they are very very light so would be one of the best for carrying up stairs my friend who lives in london says everyone has bugaboo's there as they are so light and fold really really small---into the boot of a mini!
i have ordered an iCandy peach jogger as we live in the country.....its super heavy but amaziong off road down the lanes in the village etc!
i dont actually like the shape of bugaboos but i like the ease of use of them and the weight!!!!!
xx

No experience with the cam as I've got the donkey not taken it outside yet but seems very sturdy!! I believe bugaboo are good on replacing faults and warranties on teir prams too!

The reason I wouldn't go for it is the ugly strap hanging off the pram. The lady in shop said if I cut it warranty would be void. That alone put me off I mean I just don't get it. I've never seen anyone wrap it round their wrist either xx

I found it really fiddly to put up and down so didn't get it. Lots of people love them though!

I have the iCandy Cherry as it is a lovely looking and light pram. x

We went for the bugaboo, I'm sorry dont have anything negetive to say about it. Having played with it for ages since getting it home its really easy to use. We went for the donkey in the end as it has a shopping bag space on the side and can extend out to a double should we have another little pickle anytime soon.

I love the look of it, its really easy to essemble out of the box and even though I'll have to take the wheels off to get it in the boot of my car its still really simple as they are quick release.

The mattress is good quality, so much so that it is approved for overnight sleeping if you're over staying over anywhere.

I LOVE it.
xx

there is no way the cam will fit in the boot of a mini! I have a wee Fiesta, and it takes up most of the boot in there, so would leave no room for shopping or carry cot.

what i will say is dont fall in love with it until you go in and get your car fitted. There are only a few car seats compatible with it, and those car seats are not compatible with every car. Or so i got told when we went in to buy our Bug. They had to make sure it fitted our cars before they sold it to us. Thankfully it did! Not that it matters, we are selling my one now anyway! haha

My friend has cameleon and is always saying how hard they are to use on buses - she says they are too big and is actually thinking of trading hers in for a Bee (which is what we have). I have to say I find them a bit bulky and very common in my area. If I could choose again I think i'd go for the i candy.

I agree that they are very common, the majority of prams I see out and about are Bugaboos. x

We don't have a car at the moment so don't have to worry about that.

I don't have to worry about public transport ad I am within walking distance of both sets of parents, several major shopping centres, several friends and most family so I'll be on foot most of the time!

I am happy to look at other lightweight prams on Sunday and see what else is out there, but I am not at all fussed about how "common" the pram is.. :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back