Anyone got any advice

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

As some of you may know from reading my posts, I had alot of early pregnancy symptoms and then just before AF when I wiped I noticed some very light pink discharge. Anyway AF came, it was quite light, I was usuing super tampons and didn't need to. Anyway my lower tummy has been sore for weeks now, went back to the docs on Thursday,she dipped my urine and said I had a UTI. So I got antibiotics. Yesterday the pain wasn't getting any better, spoke to a pharmacist who made an appointment with the out of hours doctors. I had been drinking lots of water because I thought I had a UTI, the doctor I saw dipped my urine again and I had no UTI? He also did a pregnancy test and it was negative just like the HPT I've done. The pain is right above my pelvic bone, sometimes going into my back, the tops of legs are also sore, and my groin on both sides are sore (is that my groin?) I asked him why I could be getting this pain (I got sti tests and they are clear :) ) he said that maybe I'm ov and I may have a small cyst on my ovaries but nothing that bad....yes that didn't make much sense to me either. I asked him if its possible to be pregnant even when a doctors hcg test is negative and he said this is very rare. So he didn't really have any answers for me, I'm still taking the antibiotics. I slept most afternoons last week and had to take the time of work because I was really sore, felt sick, and lightheaded. I don't think I'm pregnant but I'm concerned I have this pain and no idea why. I haven't had ov pain since I was 12, and I was doubled up. Could this just be ov pain? I'll probably need to go back to the docs because I this isn't right and I haven't felt like myself for weeks now.

I'm slightly concerned, there's history of ovarian cancer in my mums side of the family. I had dysfunctional uterine bleeding last year and no one has any idea why it happened.

Anyway thanks for reading this far if you did, any advice would be appreciated. I really don't want to be ill when I have plans to TTC when i next ovualte in August.

ps just to add I've done two opks and the lines are easy to see but still faint

Last edited:
Hi hun, if it were me (and for the record im a bit of a worrier) i woul keep going to the.docs until i was satisfied and put.my mind to rest dont worry about being a nucience its therr job to take you seriously. And go to different docs for second opionions if your not happy.

On a lighter note stress can give us all sortsnof symptoms so try and relax. or it could.just be a nasty random virus, you can get some dodgy symptoms from viruses lol!!

Hope u feel better soon!

Let us know how u get on

xxxx

hey Pinkymum, I agree with Mrs Pink, Id push for another doctors appointment and insist they run bloods, and state clearly your family history and as Mrs Pink also said, get another doc if they wont help, they are there for you they are the doctors you need support. Big hug hope everything is ok. PS last month I thought i was pregnant all the symptoms BUT I had a virus and am having bloods done for anaemia so yes a virus is possible but not the only explanation or only symptoms it could be a couple of things all at the same time xxx

Hi ladies

for some reason I didn't get any email notifications and I haven't been on for a few days.

I saw my doctor on Thursday. It wasn't a UTI afterall. So she's run blood tests for pretty much everything, including pregnancy. She is also referring to me to get an ultrasound scan, to check my ovaries as well, I explained the family history and she was more than happy to do anything to check into this.

I'm still getting lower abdo, back and pelvic pain, its not agony but sometimes its a quick shooting pain right above my pubic bone. Boobs are really sore again. and period should be due for about 12 days. So we'll see, I'm not holding out for A BFP. But I'm glad my Doc is helping to find out whats going on. Oh and the tops of my legs have been sore two....I'm falling apart lol.

I ill update you all on Monday my blood results will be back after 11am.

Thnaks for the replies

Pinkymum

x x x x

Hiya Pinkymum :)

I had read this post when you first posted but i tend to play down illnesses and didn't feel i should with you being concerned about cancer and have a family history of it.

Cancer tends to be a bit of an elephant in the room for me as i don't know anyone that has ever suffered from it so i treat it in a lighter context than i probably should.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and i hope you get some answers from the doctors so you can get back on track with your ttc asap ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back