Low abdominal pain after ovulation - am I pregnant?

sareiah29

Reaction score
My husband and I are trying for a baby for the first time. I've been monitoring my cervical mucus to establish my most fertile times and we've had sex on 8 consecutive days (Wed 28th Dec to Wed 4th Jan) prior to when I believed I would ovulate (4/5th Jan). On 31st Dec my mucus began to feel stretchy and gradually become more like 'egg whites' over the next few days, with Wednesday showing the highest resemblance to this and there was more of it.

On Thursday 5th in the morning my cervical mucus still showed as 'egg whites'. An hour after this test I started experiencing period-like cramps in my lower abdomen, which is very weird for me as I only have ever experienced this when actually having a period, I never get ovulation pain. The pain was evenly spread over my lower abdomen. Over the next hour the pain became worse and I had to go home from work. The pain was severe, I found it hard to walk, to stand up straight or even move. Laughing, going to the toilet etc would also really hurt. I also felt a little queasy, dizzy, was off my normal food, had a higher sensitivity to smells and a headache. My lower abdomen was also really sensitive to the touch, my husband couldn't even put his hand on there without me flinching. I did a mucus test in the afternoon and again in the evening and both showed that I had completely dried up, no 'egg whites' anymore, just sticky white stuff that wasn't stretchy and hardly any of it, suggesting that I am no longer fertile and have ovulated. My cervix was also really sensitive and hurt when I touched it and this wasn't the case at all before.

Today I am feeling better, the pain is no longer severe and isn't there constantly but it still hurts when I walk or move in certain ways and my lower abdomen is still sore to the touch, though not as bad. My cervical mucus is still of a non-fertile kind and my cervix is a little sore to the touch but not as bad.

I went to see the doctor today and he couldn't establish what was wrong, done urine tests and they are all clear. He said it's too soon for me to be experiencing any preggers symptoms and that the most likely cause is 'ovulation pain', but I have never ever experienced any pain like this in my whole life. Also, it seems a bit weird that my egg may have been fertilised yesterday morning and then I immediately felt this pain.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Is it likely to be a sign of pregnancy or something else?

You generally don't have any symptoms when the sperm fertilises the egg. The symptoms don't kick in until the egg implants itself into ur womb lining, which is around a week to 10 days after fertilisation.

It may just be OV pain, or it may just be one of those random unexplained pains that us women get. But I doubt its a pregnancy symptom so early on. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hey - agree with Jayjay - look out for symptoms more around the 6-12 dpo time. Pains now are probably due to ovulation especially as this month you will be much more tuned in to whats going on in your abdomen!
Good luck! The two week wait is such a pain! x

Me thinking it was preggers pain is wishful thiking :).

I definately think you become more aware of your body when ttc, though I think I would have noticed such severe pains before if they are indeed ovulation pains. It just seems strange that if it is ovulation pain, then why have I never had it before and surely it shouldn't put you in agony?!

This afternoon the pain has reduced a lot and only feeling it a little bit now. Really hope that this is preggers pain and that it was all worth going through for a BFP =D. I shall be on the look out for other symtoms next week around the time of implantation, should I be lucky :).

Thanks all for your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back