Anyone experienced this?

JenKat

Reaction score
I'm 36 weeks. I've been through a stressful week. After my routine midwife appointment I was sent for a growth scan because my bump hadn't grown in 4 weeks according to her measurements. The growth scan found that baby's head measurement is normal, but waist/stomach measurement is on the low end. They are also finding that the umbilical chord is having to work at a slightly higher rate than they would ideally like.

They monitored heartbeat and movements and those are both fine. And baby seems to be moving fine every day when I'm home. I have two more scans scheduled this week for monitoring,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this? I don't quite understand what it all could mean. The midwife in the hospital said that at the moment, the best place for my baby is still in me, but if they have any concerns they'll take him out early.
I'm just finding it very hard to not stress about it all and worry that there is something wrong with baby. Anyone know what a small waist measurement could mean? Anyone gone through similar?

I'm 36 weeks. I've been through a stressful week. After my routine midwife appointment I was sent for a growth scan because my bump hadn't grown in 4 weeks according to her measurements. The growth scan found that baby's head measurement is normal, but waist/stomach measurement is on the low end. They are also finding that the umbilical chord is having to work at a slightly higher rate than they would ideally like.

They monitored heartbeat and movements and those are both fine. And baby seems to be moving fine every day when I'm home. I have two more scans scheduled this week for monitoring,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this? I don't quite understand what it all could mean. The midwife in the hospital said that at the moment, the best place for my baby is still in me, but if they have any concerns they'll take him out early.
I'm just finding it very hard to not stress about it all and worry that there is something wrong with baby. Anyone know what a small waist measurement could mean? Anyone gone through similar?

Could it be IUGR (growth restriction)? I had this in my last pregnancy. No issues with baby at all I was induced at 38 weeks. Would have been induced at 38 weeks because of different issues anyway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back