Big head!

leesey

Reaction score
Totally random thread, but I just looked at my notes and realised that baby's head circumference at growth scan yesterday was 305mm. I thought that's odd, it was only 295 at the last one, 10mm seems quite a lot to grow in a week. So I put it into a calculator and that measurement is averaging at 35 1/2 weeks!!

I know they allow for inaccuracies in measurements, but the cross section she took was really clear!!

Anyone else check their notes for 33 weeks please if you've had a growth scan at this time? I'm not worried about baby, I'm worried about mummy's foof :shock: :p xx

I'm worried about mummy's foof :shock: :p xx

:rofl: Sorry can't share experience but to try and reassure you that babies grow at different rates. Maybe that was just a growth spurt and will slow down now until birth....hope so anyway :shock:

xx

At my growth scan at 28+4 weeks baby's head was 265mm, then at 35+4 weeks he measured 324mm head size, which on the graph is slightly over the centre line. So 305mm sounds quite good for 33 weeks to me. Xx

Clearly your LO is going to be very brainy :D xx

As long as we don't end up with Stewie from Family Guy I'm fine!! (Arrgh football head baby!!) My mum and mother in law are both determined we're having a little genius, so we're fully expecting the little one to come out with it's reading glasses on complaining of the lack of good light in there :p xx

Lol, my thinking is for your first baby it don't matter what size the baby is as we won't know any different! x

I had my growth scan at 35+1 and his head was 317mm so that sounds about right :). My boy's got a big fat buddah belly apparently! Poor foofs :( although they're designed for this is suppose...that's what I keep telling myself...LOL.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back