anyone experience anything similar?

gemmainthesun

Reaction score
After our 2nd go of ivf I got pregnant and saw hb at 6 weeks but today, 10 wks had an early scan which revealed just a sac. Obviously beyong devastated and angry and everything but I don't understand where the baby went it can't be blighted ovum as we saw it at 6 weeks and I haven't bled or spotted so where has it gone? Im bk at hospital tomorrow to discuss options of dnc etc but just absolutely dumb founded? Because I haven't bled would this mean the miscarriage was more down to embryo abnormality rather than my body? X

Hi Gemma, so sorry that you are going through this - it is devastating, with my first MMC I found out at 11weeks that our baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing at 8weeks and was measuring 6w +5days at the the time of the scan. I chose to have medical management (D&C) however I had to wait from the Monday to the Thursday. When it got to Thursday the scan was repeated but by this stage the sac was empty, they said the baby was so small it had been reabsorbed. I didn't bleed either the doctor said it might be a problem with our baby, there might be no problem and sometimes it just happens. It is such a shock when it happens, but ask the hospital all your questions and concerns and they should be to help and support. Take care tomorrow, x

Hi Gemma,

I am so sorry to hear your loss x I went for my scan on tues last week and the foetal pole was very small so they said it could be because I might be just 6 weeks I was booked in for a 2nd scan on the 1st april where they told even if I am just 7 weeks they still expect to see a heartbeat and the yolk sac should have been absorbed with the baby. however my scan revealed only the foetal pole had grown by 4mm (it was 2.5mm last week and was 2.9mm on the 1st) and it should be about 6mm but there was no heartbeat and yolk sac was still there and the preg had stopped growing. I was then told that because there is nothing growing the body will reject it and I should miscarry but I was given the choice of waiting, taking a tablet to flush it out or wait til it happens. I am due for another scan on the 15th as ive chose to wait on the miscarriage happening naturally and the scan will check to make sure everythings clear.

Hey honey, again I am so sorry you have to go through this! Its the cruelest end for your cruel journey.

In terms of the mc I had a natural mc at 7 weeks. I did start spottung therefore I got a scan and the baby was only a sac by then. When I was pregnant after my IUI I was actually pregnant with twins and then miscarried one technically but the sac and baby were re-absorbed into the stronger baby and I never bled. So I say maybe the baby can be re-absorbed. What you need to make sure right now is that you get yourself fully taken care of honey. Take time to grieve and spend time with your oh.

Xxxxxxx

I had an early scan at just over 7wks and hb was there all fine, went for scan about 10wks and no hb :( was a big shock. They said it looked like growth had stopped at just after 8wks. I'd had no bleeding or cramps nothing. 4 days later had erpc. There wasn't only the sac there though but maybe it just depends at what point things happened. Hope you're doing ok, and questions just ask x

Thankyou everyone for your advice and support been to hospital today and booked in for dnc tue but got to go mon night to get checked in. Feel a little more excepting today obviously still heartbroken maybe I'm in shock don't know x

Oh hon, I'm so so sorry to ready this news :(

Huge hugs.xxxx

oh bloody hell Gemma, that's awful. MMC is the most heartbreaking thing, no warning. Especially after seeing that heartbeat early on like that. So sorry and hope all goes as well as it can for your dnc. Sending huge hug. x

My mood and emotions changed everyday, at least! Go with how you feel, talk lots to OH and look after yourself most importantly!

I am so sorry to read this. It's not fair and I wish you didn't have to go through this. Thinking of you xx

Oh Gemma, I am so sad to read this!! So many ladies going through this or something similar on here at the mo!! I had a scan at 7+5 after getting pregnant after my first round of ivf only to be told my sac was empty!! I've had another scan at 8+5 and no change so I am waiting to miscarry naturally but it is such a difficult and heartbreaking situation to be in!!!!

Thinking of you and all the other ladies going through a loss!!! Stay strong ladies!!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back