Anyone else not bought a pram?

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
And have parents who think they are mad?

We refuse to have a pram, they are big, bulky and unnecessary for the first couple of years at least

people keep saying to me it will be too hard to carry my child
but i carry him now so i fail to see how that could be!

We have 2 didymos sling wraps and a moby wrap

There is a lass on the sister sight that didn't buy a pram and she got on just fine! I have a double buggy but I only use it for long walks out, I wear the youngest and use a stroller for my 1 year old. When I just had Jacob and before my bump got too big I wore him all the time. I live in an upstairs flat so I found it alot easier xx

I really really really was desperate to 'wear' Sebbut it's going to be impossible with my back problem as I would need to take strong pain killers which would mean I couldn't breastfeed so it came down to either breastfeed or carry him :-( x x my mother thinks I'm mad for wanting to breastfeed-I'm not even considering telling her about reusable nappies and wipes!

I am buying a double stroller, but one that converts to a single too! But will wear baby when its not raining x x

I'm not buying a pram, I plan on slinging it! I can't see any reason for me and the cost makes me baulk (I think deep down, I'm quite tight :lol: ). My Mum thinks I should get one, to help carry the shopping etc. but I'll either have the car for a big load or I can carry things in my cloth bags, which fit over my shoulder.

I might buy a stroller if / when we have a second baby alongside a toddler but I wouldn't buy in advance, just see how I coped first.

my mum said the same thing 'you need a pram to carry the shopping' i was like - mum can i not just use the same hands i have been using to carry the shopping previous? You know, the ones that WONT be pushing a pram!

Im glad that I had a buggy for Rosie as I could not have predicted the C-section that I had. I plan on wearing baby this time around if I can, Rosie will walk or use her stroller :)

We went into town today for the first time since the birth of Jasper John, i wore him in the sling for a whole mile until we stopped for coffee and Liam wore him for the rest of the adventure, we got on the bus and two people with push-chairs had to wait because only two push chairs can get on the bus at a time and we felt very smug about our portable sling

we got lots of smiles and nice comments from people and Jasper seemed to adore being close to mummy and daddy all the time

Am going to do the same again tomorrow and build up the amount i am walking/slinging him until i am fully healed from the birth

feeling great about slinging him and the more i see people struggle in crowds with push-chairs and babies, the more determine i am to sling him for as long as possible

Yay!

Sounds lovely Fi - I know what you mean about buggy spaces on buses :) xx

LOL, i had to laugh at this, not in a horrid way, but we are completely oppisite. We will be having two prams, one for the farm, that can get muddy and one for going out and about off the farm.

As much for farm health and safey (not that we have cattle around any more, but still) as well as i am sure people would give me strange looks if i walked around the shops with a pram covered in mud on the outside.

When my Grace got a little bigger like 3/4 months I found it incredibly hard having her in the baby carrier (she was a chunk!), maybe that has something to do with my small frame. I just didn't feel as comfortable carrying her around, so I was glad that I had a pushchair as well.

tbh i prefer a pram due to the fact that i didnt want my baby to want to be carryed everywhere all the time, as they get biger it gets harder and they expect you to carry them still, it gives them independance from you, dnt get me wrong now and then carry them just not all the time devide it between the sling and a pram...they dnt stay babys for long and carrying around a two year old is hard work!

yeah i love my pram and i love being able to fill it full of shopping altho cos of wer we live the bus route is virtually non existent and we drive everywhere... i dont carry madison round at all and she doesnt expect it, her cousin gets carried evrywer and cries to get lifted and cries if ne1 sits down so it was a nono 4 me im afraid xx

I have a chunk of a baby but i also have alot of fat to burn off so i am hoping to sling him as much as possible and loose weight while i do it, when he gets much bigger i might be tempted to pop him in a pram but i am not sure, there are great buses where i live and it looks like such a mission on narrow streets with a big buggy

we will see though :)

you can get small strollers that are suitable from like birth?? i dont think i wud invest in a full travel system again because some of the strollers are really nice and compact and go totally flat and have lovely footmuffs etc and are sooo much cheaper :D xx

i just dont get why you would buy a stroller to put a child in thats small enough to carry about, if someone handed me something to carry the same size as a 3 month old, i wouldnt need a trolley to carry it, i would just carry it!

maybe when he is older i will get a pram sorted but i really dont see the point of them when babies are so small, specially when you only have one ;)

i will def be pramming it the thought of a 9 10 month old in a carrier makes me go cold plus for me the wanting to be carried thing is a factoer as iv had one clingy child and dont want to go there again as it not fun but i wish you the best and hope it carries on being all you want from it we are all different with different needs i wouldnt think your mad for doing it but def not for me

i tried my moby wrap today :love: totally still need to get the hang of it but i love it :love:

it is funny how people think, I know someone who uses a sling a lot, but also the pram/pushchair and her LO isn't clingy at all, I think a lot of that is to with personality... I love my pram, but do intend on using the sling a fair bit too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back