Anyone else losing weight to get pregnant?

Sunflower1

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else was losing weight to improve fertility. I've been on a low carb diet for 10 months and am now down to 12.5 stone, BMI 30. I know I'm still a couple of stone overweight...just wondering if anyone got pregnant while overweight or if anyone knows how much it effects your chances.

It's already sorted out my hormonal imbalances to a large extent, just don't know if it might be the reason I am still not pregnant. Going to lose it, but it will take time. Be really interested to know if losing weight is also a big part of anyone else's TTC journey. :)

Hi my bmi was 30 wen I got pregnant with my second! However it's like 38 now. ( struggling massively to loose the weight) so my aim is to get pregnant this time next year and I hope to reduce that xx

I'm loosing weight. Bmi is 31. Lost 2 stone so far. Docs kept telling me lose weight to help improve chances of not miscarrying... Apparently 2 stone hasn't helped. Xx

Cers, that's encouraging thanks! My BMI was 45!! I was told I had to lose 6 stone. Good idea to reduce the weight before trying...good luck!

PeanutButter, well done on the weight loss! I haven't been told about the miscarrying...that's a bit scary. My doctor said he had a patient who was 40 and 14 stone who got pregnant...that cheered me up! Good luck with the weight loss. I know how frustrating it is to be trying to do both the weight loss and TTC at once! xx

Hi Sunflower,
I dont think overweight is an issue to fertility.... I have a friend who is 110kgs and up, she was pregnant as well and is natural.... for me i am not that lucky as her.... i am overweight too doctor keep asking me to lose weight but is kind of impossible as i am on clomid and fertility treatment... it makes me fat even i did not eat a lot..... i am on meds now and doing my 2nd IUI this cycle.... Good Luck on your BFP!!!

Hi May-Lin-Tewin, it's awful when meds mess with your body size. I didn't realise clomid did that! I can't exercise because of health problems so my doc told me to go low carb and it's really helped - it gets your body to burn the fat off by itself without exercise. Don't know if it would work on clomid though. That's great about your friend. I was told that weight becomes more an issue as you get older, and I'm 40. I really hope your IUI works this time. Good luck! :)

Im already very fit but decided to clense my body. Im having turbo detox for 3 months. No meat, no soy, no cheese, no bad oils and no processed food. Huge amounts of veg and natural stuff. Its day 4 and its good. :) x

Last edited:
That sounds like such a great idea Charlotte. I'm sure that will help. Hope it goes well. I've given up quite a lot of things to help my body get pregnant. My husband has been reading lots of studies and says the health of the mother seems to be a big factor in conceiving.

Yes! I have pcos and my bmi is high. Im trying to get it under 35 by Xmas and start ttc then. I'm doing low carb and going the gym 3/4 times a week.

Good luck with the weight loss Bookworm! I love low carb, it's brilliant. And with the gym as well the weight should drop off. My weight loss helped my cyst as well. (my BMI was 45 when I started!)

I've lost another 4 this week, so 3 stone in total. It can be done, just bloody hard work!

Haven't had any goodies at all in a month now. Going to get harder with Xmas coming around :(

That's great! Yes, Xmas is hard. You can have proteiny treats I guess. I have bacon and sausages as a treat with sun-dried tomatoes. It'll be so worth it though!

Yes just have to keep the end game in mind!

I'm okay when I'm home it's when I'm out I struggle like at restaurants or while in town!

I want to lose weight before I get pregnant but I also want to still be able to rub whilst pregnant. I stopped completely with my last 2 and really would like to keep it going.

Thks Sunflower1

I think i shd go on a low carb diet too haha.... My Doctor told me there are still percentage of normal weight girls that are not pregnant and need fertility treatment too so what i meant was you continue wz your diet plan and dont get too stress about losing weight.... let nature takes its course..... By the way i had my 2nd IUI yesterday.... Kind of painful due to tight cervix but however a bunch of army was sent in there :) and now is the terrible 2WW.... I really hope for a miracle.... :)

Last edited:
May_lin_tewin..that's so exciting. Good luck. I might try that in the future. Getting mega stressed about the whole baby thing, so yes I should probably let nature get on with it.

TashaWink - what do you mean by 'rub'?

BookwormK - absolutely. My OH keeps eating sweets and crisps in front of me...

Sunflower

Good luck.... Lets have the baby dust together.... Pls update your situation and share wz us...

Since 1st of August I've lost 1stone 3lbs , I'm doing Slimming world but I've also tried cutting out all wheat (bread / pasta), I've cut out alcohol completely and for 1 week I did the Jason Vale Detox 7 day Juice Diet which I really liked though it was tough to stick too. I'm going on holidays next Tuesday so I'm starting another detox week today.

Well done to everyone as it's so hard to get weight off :pompom:

Last edited:
I'm just cutting calories and exercising. I've tried al these diets before and put the weight straight back on..
My fitness pal is the best dieting app I've came across. I still have 60 lbs to lose! Hoping this thine next year I'll be there! X

How's the dieting for everyone else going? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back