How much does weight affect TTC?

Bec

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting worried that I'm too overweight to conceive! I know you should be as healthy as poss, and I know that being overweight can affect your chances .. I was just wondering if anyone knows how much it affects things?!?! I'm 5ft 3 and a size 16 (sometimes I can squeeze into a 14!!) ........ Should I seriously try and knuckle down a lose a couple of stone!? Thanks Gals.

im about the same height and dress size, to be honest im not all that worried just yet, i still get regular periods and my charting is showing that in ovulating every cycle.

If you werent having regular periods then i would think it would be more of a concern.

Hey hun,
My gyne consultant has told me that being overweight can affect it.
I don't think at your weight it would really affect it greatly like it does me.
When i was at the hospital and he weighed me i was 16st 4.... And i was wearing a size 24 trousers. I'm only 5"2 so like a big round beach ball!! lol!!

He's told me he wants my BMI down to 30 before he'll consider giving me fertility treatment (clomid)

So am trying to get down to 11st!

I'd say if you'd feel better TTC & losing weight then go for it, but wouldn't say to worry about it!!

xox

Thanks girls ....

Wow Hayley, you've lost loads already!! You're doing really well! My BMI is probably about 35 I think ... so it is definitely too high .. hmmmm ..... need to shed at least a few pounds really .... not happy at the mo.

I think mines at 31 but cant remember exactly.
Whilst i do wish i could be at a healthier weight im not one for dieting so quite happy to stay as i am lol

You can join me if you'd like?
Think 35bmi isn't that bad!
Like AG said if you're having regular periods etc then not to worry really.

I went and brought scales when i decided i was gonna lose some (first time in my life, even mum never had scales in the house cos i'd have gotten obsessed!!) Just got them from Argos, they were £60 though i think but you can set up a profile on it and it stores your weight height etc and does your bmi and stuff for you.

I spent hours on t'internet finding low fat recipies, versions of things i really like, and stopped buying snacky foods and got fruit instead! So eating my 5 a day!!
And having muller light youghurts.... love the lemon cheesecake one!!! mmmmmm!!!!

Would really like a sticky TTC diet thread.... cos the only diet thread at the moment is in the new parents section, and i don't like to go in there!
Laura, could we have one?
xox

A TTC dieting thread would be a neat idea.

Im just glad i dont put weight on at least, ive been the same weight for the past 3 years

mine shot up after my miscarriage last year....
and stayed the same till this year!! :wall:
am proud of my loss so far, want to lose more, but at a steady pace!!

xox

thats what im worried about, i keep thinking maybe my weight caused my misscarriage.

i hadnt lost any weight from having Coby before we tried again, i was 16st 2lbs a size 18 to 20 and im 5'7.

when i lost the baby i went on a diet and ive lost 9lbs so far and im now back in a perfect size 18 :D

only one more dress size to drop then i will be back to normal

xx

I'm 13 stone 2 & 5.5 in height (I think). Size 16 waist an 18 top which drives me up the wall. If I have my boobs reduced I think my weight would benifit :lol:

My body is such a weird proportion im a 16-18 on the bottom and 12-14 on top

If i had my boobs reduced, i'd lose about a stone!!!
We weighed them once, (men!!) pretty sure they were like 10kilos each!

Before we went on holiday i ordered a load of stuff from SimplyBe...
Ordered afew tops in 22's and a few in 24's.... the 24's are nice and baggy, the 22's are a bit baggy, but if i wear a 20 from any other place then they're too tight!!

And am officially back into my 22 jeans :cheer:
Although i discovered yesterday i could pull them down without undoing them!! (that was me showing off my weight loss not Grahams fault! lol!)

Not brave enough to try a 20 yet, cos would just get upset!!!

Still have my size 16 jeans i brought in Australia in 2003 in my wardrobe, they're the only small thing i refused to throw away... they are my target!!

i threw out my taget jeans and jsut have bigger sizes stored away for when i get pg lol!

HayleyB said:
If i had my boobs reduced, i'd lose about a stone!!!
We weighed them once, (men!!) pretty sure they were like 10kilos each!

:rotfl:

I am 12.8 and 5.3 and it has never afftected me in conceiving....so dont know really if that hinders it or not.
good luck girls bex

Good luck girls, feeling healthy can only make you feel better and I hope it helps you all get your BPPs :lol:

Bexxie you're pretty much exactly the same as me then (same name too by the looks of it!) !! YAY there is hope!!

Hayley .. yeah I think maybe I will do it with you ...... have just eaten loads today tho ... so will have to start tomorrow (always tomorrow hey!?) .. going swimming tonight tho so feel sorta better!! hehe!

Just gonna go and have a look at this dieting TTC thread!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back