Anyone else is no hurry for baby's arrival?!

Rayoflight

Reaction score
I'm 5 days away from my due date but in no rush for this baby to arrive. Not feeling at all fed up or impatient. Midwife calls me her 'least pissed off pregnant person'! Which made me laugh.

Reading through posts on here, and this isn't meant to offend - just my opinion, I'm shocked how many people are having or requesting sweeps at 37/38 weeks. Or am I missing something and some women need them for medical reasons?

I can understand getting them done when you're overdue but I don't get why you'd have it done before then. Surely it's better to let baby cook til it's ready and come along when nature takes it's course?

Not meant to upset anyone, just my humble opinion. And now ive said it I'll probably be eating humble pie this time next week when I'm overdue, fed up and screaming for the midwife to give me a sweep.

Gem x

Hun, I feel exactly the same as you. I'm not in any hurry at all for this baby to come out. My MW was amazed that I'm not going mental :lol:

Rayoflight and Rhino Horn - I agree with both of you ladies too regarding the sweep, although I think most women that have had them have been due to baby too big or other reasons. Am I right in thinking you have both also attended hypnobirthing? That is what we have been told regarding sweeps / being induced.

I'm also in no rush for little one to arrive but I have a feeling that he is going to come early, I hope not as it's my last day at work this friday and start maternity on monday so just want to chill out for a couple of weeks and get some well deserved sleep before he arrives and get everything ready!

Ha ha mine too!

Every time I see mine she's like "ooh I don't think you'll be long. Doubt I'll be seeing you next week" etc etc so I can understand why women do go mental when they say this stuff. Mine's been saying it since 36 weeks and I just laugh at her and take it with a pinch of salt, it's all bollocks. Baby will come when it wants.

I always braced myself for going overdue. My cycle is anywhere between 30-32 days so I never ever know when my period is due and I'm always unprepared for it. I do the Tesco Tampon dash every month without fail. Plus by nature me and husband are late for everything so I reckon this baby will be just like his or her parents!

About a fortnight ago, in one day I bounced on a ball for a few hours, did a long walk, ate a minging hot curry (suffering heartburn for hours after) and forced husband to have sex with me and at the end of it thought "f**k this! I'm just gonna chill out and let it happen when it happens!". So I've watched loads of cool films, stayed in bed most days, done lots of lovely lunches with friends and generally had a ball!

Stay put baby Ray, Mummy's enjoying chilling out too much at the moment!

I have no experiance of sweeps , I'm not as near as you ladies, but I also am in no hurry to have baby. I have 8 presious weeks left , and as this is unfortunately my last pregnancy, I'm savouring this wonderful feeling of having a little one inside you that you created and all it brings.

Hey hon, I'm in no rush at all for bubs to arrive. My only issue is that due to a previous section I won't be allowed past 41 weeks and I am keen to avoid a section this time as it makes looking after a 2 year old really tough so midwife might sweep me early to help things happen before 41 weeks. I'm relaxed tho and if not swept until 40 weeks I am fine with it x x x

Rayoflight and Rhino Horn - I agree with both of you ladies too regarding the sweep, although I think most women that have had them have been due to baby too big or other reasons. Am I right in thinking you have both also attended hypnobirthing? That is what we have been told regarding sweeps / being induced.

Yes I've been doing hypnobirthing. Bloody love it! Especially now I'm actually getting to practice it now I'm off.

I put it into practice today. Have been awake for two days with horrendous toothache, went to the emergency dentist for the second time this week and he attempted to take the nerve out my tooth. The anaesthetic just wasn't working and he wasn't prepared to inject me anymore because of the baby. So he had a little panic and said he would have to just fill in the tooth and try again tomorrow. I convinced him I was ok, to give me a minute and allow me to just chill out with my phone. Got my headphones out the car, stuck on 'rainbow relxation' and got back in the chair. Did some deep breathing and then gave him the nod to proceed. He managed to drill down as much as he needed to and kill the nerve. When he'd finished he was like "you are the hardest patient I've got!!! I've never been in a situation where I've been more nervous than the patient and whatever you were listening to I think I need a copy of!".

Gave me loads of confidence for the birth but still happy for baby to stay put for now!

Hey hon, I'm in no rush at all for bubs to arrive. My only issue is that due to a previous section I won't be allowed past 41 weeks and I am keen to avoid a section this time as it makes looking after a 2 year old really tough so midwife might sweep me early to help things happen before 41 weeks. I'm relaxed tho and if not swept until 40 weeks I am fine with it x x x

Completely understand! I'm not ruling it out myself, just happy to let nature take it's course until due date. I really really want a homebirth so if I go past 41 weeks I'll have to go to hospital so I wouldn't rule one out at next week's appointment when I'm 40+4.

Yes I've been doing hypnobirthing. Bloody love it! Especially now I'm actually getting to practice it now I'm off.

I put it into practice today. Have been awake for two days with horrendous toothache, went to the emergency dentist for the second time this week and he attempted to take the nerve out my tooth. The anaesthetic just wasn't working and he wasn't prepared to inject me anymore because of the baby. So he had a little panic and said he would have to just fill in the tooth and try again tomorrow. I convinced him I was ok, to give me a minute and allow me to just chill out with my phone. Got my headphones out the car, stuck on 'rainbow relxation' and got back in the chair. Did some deep breathing and then gave him the nod to proceed. He managed to drill down as much as he needed to and kill the nerve. When he'd finished he was like "you are the hardest patient I've got!!! I've never been in a situation where I've been more nervous than the patient and whatever you were listening to I think I need a copy of!".

Gave me loads of confidence for the birth but still happy for baby to stay put for now!

Blimey! you are a tough nut! or that stuff is good, did you actually feel it still, just lowered your pain threshold because of the relaxation and cd? wow

Completely understand! I'm not ruling it out myself, just happy to let nature take it's course until due date. I really really want a homebirth so if I go past 41 weeks I'll have to go to hospital so I wouldn't rule one out at next week's appointment when I'm 40+4.

Got everything crossed for that homebirth for u hon x x x

God yeah still felt it. I have nail marks in the back of my hands but it did really help.

When I was putting the liner in the birth pool the other day I didn't deflate it properly and ended up tearing my thumbnail off halfway up the nail bed. It was agony! And first thing I did was tense up, hold my breath and jump around before holding my breath some more. Once the initial pain had subsided I realised I'd done the complete opposite of what ive been taught in hypnobirthing and I was so pissed off with myself.

Not for long though... As I attempted to get the liner on again I did the EXACT same thing to the nail on my other hand and this time I did my deep breathing and kept calm and it hurt nowhere near as much! Really bloody stupid and accidental way to test it out but it does work.

my hosp and midwifes wont sweep until due date,

id quite like baby to come now, cos after seeing the consultant yesterday, he did FINALLY admit that maybe there was a small chance i was right with my dates and am now full term, ive been bumpwize measuring 3weeks bigger than they have said all the way through, but im 41cms bump wise now n 2/5th engaged, so he doesnt think i will get to my appt again with him on the 30th november,

i think to be honest its cos im board id like baby here, and i feel like i have been ready n waiting for baby for forever!! lol

id prefer baby like u said to stay in until there ready to come tho, i dont wana rush it out if its not ready, just mummy n daddy are when you are!! but on the other hand, dont wana wait too long over my due date n struggle to push out a huge baby, im only 5ft1 n hubby is 6ft2, at our 30wk 4d scan baby was 4lb n had legs the length of a 36weeks, so im kinda doubtful that im gona have a small baby.... lol

good luck in ur homebirth, im hoping for a waterbirth if no1 else is in the pool b4 i get there cos there is only 1 at our hosp, OH hates hospitals, but wouldnt consider a homebirth, so opted for kinda 1/2way with the waterbirth, lol

xxx

I am only just starting to believe I'm pregnant, I try to squeeze through a little gap and get reminded there's a bump but other than that I feel like I could stay pregnant forever :)
There's the obvious little niggles and uncomfy moments but I absolutely love just being pregnant!
Saying that, I also can't wait to meet my baby, but it's kind of like christmas, you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you can't make it come any quicker lol

Your hypnobirthing sounds great Ray, wish I had given it a proper shot tbh but no one around me was particularly supportive and while I was working full time I just couldn't be bothered to give it the attention it needed! Have read the basic points of it though and I think it's just a case of remembering them when actually in labour :)

my midwife wont do sweep til 41 weeks not that I want one I am happy for baby to come when ready just had enough of the aches due to spd!

I really enjoyed my pregnancy this time round. It went so so quick and knowing it was my last I was making the most of every single day..I knew I'd miss it when he'd be here and I do!! Am a little sad I won't go through it again but at least he's here to make up for it lol

i think it depends on what kind of pregnancy youve had. If you haven't had any problems and feel glowing and if its your first time then you probably wont mind, (i didnt with my first), but if youv'e been in pain for nearly 37/38 weeks and its practically stopped your life as you know it then believe me, you cant wait til its over and done with lol, i wouldnt want the baby to be born too early and have problems but if everything is fine and baby is classed as full term and your midwife is happy to let you try sweeps then i see no problems with it at all.

Yeah I think your right soozy. I had a really good pregnancy this time round, no aches or pains (apart from a bit of sciatica) and I didn't feel huge either so I was still very mobile! He was 3 weeks early and It felt like he came too soon even though he was full term!

My 2nd however, I was large for dates, I had water infections, crippling back ache etc so didn't enjoy it as much. I was greatfull that he decided to come at 36 weeks !

I want to go overdue - 8 days late to be precise! Cos the 23rd of dec will be OH's birthday and it will be a lovely pressie for him! :)

I definitely don't want her to come before the 1st of dec cos I've psyched myslf up for a December baby iykwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back