Any1 superstitious

LucyB.

Reaction score
In regards to the pram not being in your house before the babies born cos it's bad luck? Mines bein delivered tomorrow and I've suddenly remembered the superstition! Have any of u got ur prams at urs? Xxx

I am superstitious and have heard of not bringing the parm into the house before the baby is born. I'm a canny way behind you so not got my pram yet but will be keeping it at my mother's until baby is born! Have you got a garage or shed you could put it in?

In all fairness, I am fairly confident that my superstitious ideas are a load of cack but I can't help it! If you have to have the pram in the house I would be fairly confident that no bad thing will befall you as a result!

Don't stress!

xxx

Nope... I actually had a thread the other week about this! I am picking up my pram next weekend, and my MIL who bought it wants it at her house... NO WAY!!! She's a lovely woman, but I can see my niece who does whatever she wants out the back playing with it, and climbing in it. And also they smoke. So pram is coming here. We need car seat anyway, and to have a shot of it putting it up and down etc...
I think in the olden days it's 'bad luck' because if something had happened to baby it would have been awful to have to come home and see the pram. But my house is full of baby stuff... So don't see the difference in having the pram in the house...!xxx

Mine is being stored at my mums, it won't come into my house until baby does, I'm very superstitious x

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago,

I think it's a load of rubbish, what about when you have a 2nd baby and already have the pram!.. It was an old wives tale a long time ago when the rate of babies who were stillborn or died during/shortly after labour was very high, for those ladies they had no way of then getting rid of the pram etc so they used to not even buy it until baby was born. (according to my nan)

My pram is being delivered on July 16th and will be living in the hall were it will live once baby is here. x

I've never even heard of this superstition before!!! Our pram is ordered and we will be bringing it to the house!! xx

Yup, my pram is sat waiting in my mums house till baby is born. No way is it coming here til then!

Ours has beein in our house for a while now. I think it's a load of nonsence tbh, like someone else said, I think it's more the 'if anything happens' then you have to come back to the pram in the house as a reminder. If that's the case then surely I shoul dhave no baby things in my house! Just not practical!! x

I personally think its a load of hocum. My pram is folded and in my living room, I'm looking at it right now.
Realistically, keeping it anywhere else til LO is born is a massive hassle as we need the car seat.
Its no different than getting the nursery ready imo x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

It's all personal choice, if it's what you believe then it's what you believe and you do what you want to do. My dads half of the family are fishermen and my mums are travellers... hence superstition has been bred into me.

I agree with JayJay, my pram is also folded in my dining room, the seat unit on the spare room. The nursery is also finished and this morning we made space and put the Moses basket in our room next to the bed. I really don't understand why people are so worried about a pram yet will paint and arrange nurseries, buy clothes etc - the one thing you need to hand is the pram and car seat x

It's all personal choice, if it's what you believe then it's what you believe and you do what you want to do. My dads half of the family are fishermen and my mums are travellers... hence superstition has been bred into me.

I agree, it makes no difference to me having the pram at my mums house, it doesn't need to be in my house and we both have plenty of room.
It's what you believe isn't it.
I haven't got a nursery or any furniture yet either, in fact, my nursery hasn't been built yet lol x

never heard of that I can only really afford to buy baby stuff before it's born so I hope it's not bad luck :(

Ours was in our house from very early on, as we bought it in the January sale. Think we had it at home for 4 or 5 months before Finn was born! x

I agree, it makes no difference to me having the pram at my mums house, it doesn't need to be in my house and we both have plenty of room.
It's what you believe isn't it.
I haven't got a nursery or any furniture yet either, in fact, my nursery hasn't been built yet lol x

Haha snap! We have not even looked at nursery stuff or anything yet. When i was in tri 1 i think it was because i didn't want to jinx anything so refused to buy anything... i thought i might of snapped out of it by now but nope lol

I only have a pram because my dad bought it lol x

Ours is upstairs in spare room. I'm confused as to why people are superstitious about a pram being in the house but not everything else for baby?! What is gonna happen if a pram is in the house that is not gonna happen if it's at someone else's???? Xx

Why don't people put an umbrella up indoors or put new shoes on a table, or walk under ladders? Why do people salute one magpie? Same thing. It's all superstition, you chose to go with it or not x

I ALWAYS salute a magpie, but even though that's my own superstition, I still know its nonsense lol. But I can't stop!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

heh i'd love these superstitous people to buy all the baby stuff once on statutory maternity pay :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back