Any alternative to agnus castus???

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
So I'm heading rapidly for a 40 day cycle, previous cycles have still been longer than average at around 32 days.
I'm really not keen to take ac, the more I research it the less keen I am, so -
Are my cycles likely to return to pre mc 28 days on their own in time?
Are there any alternatives to ac anyone knows about?
Do you think I require any investigation for long cycles or not?

Any suggestions would be welcome xx

I've been thinking about you and AC today, my cycles used to always be 38 days then got better to 30/32 days for 6 months then month I took AC it shot from 28 days to 38 days, that said I did get pregnant, but it was a chemical.

I wouldn't try it again, I'm back on a 30 day cycle now so I'm happier like that.

I've been taking Vitamin B6 and Zinc, I think they may have helped.

Are you using OPKs?

xx

Are your cycles normally long hun? I have irregular cycles well more like long cycles 47-50 days :roll:.. I had an appointment with my gnye and they think im not ov'ing.. I dont think i Ov'd last time because my period had to be induced i was on cd 70 something x

I've been thinking about you and AC today, my cycles used to always be 38 days then got better to 30/32 days for 6 months then month I took AC it shot from 28 days to 38 days, that said I did get pregnant, but it was a chemical.

I wouldn't try it again, I'm back on a 30 day cycle now so I'm happier like that.

I've been taking Vitamin B6 and Zinc, I think they may have helped.

Are you using OPKs?

xx

I did use opks this cycle yeah x

Are your cycles normally long hun? I have irregular cycles well more like long cycles 47-50 days :roll:.. I had an appointment with my gnye and they think im not ov'ing.. I dont think i Ov'd last time because my period had to be induced i was on cd 70 something x

They where always 28/29 days before mc, really regular.
After mc they where 33 days or there abouts x

I must admit I took ac this cycle and it made me feel really down, totally killed my ewcm and my sex drive!! Which I didn't realise it did until I read up on it. Apparently it was used years ago to suppress womens sexual appetites while there husbands were away.
I have had a really strange cyclenand not my usual symptoms throughout. So I'm really not sure if I have messed it up. :( I have stopped it now about a week ago and I'm feeling much better!!
However a lot of the girls rave about it and say then think it helped them get pregnant hence why I tried it. I'm leaving well alone now tho!!
Xx

I must admit I took ac this cycle and it made me feel really down, totally killed my ewcm and my sex drive!! Which I didn't realise it did until I read up on it. Apparently it was used years ago to suppress womens sexual appetites while there husbands were away.
I have had a really strange cyclenand not my usual symptoms throughout. So I'm really not sure if I have messed it up. :( I have stopped it now about a week ago and I'm feeling much better!!
However a lot of the girls rave about it and say then think it helped them get pregnant hence why I tried it. I'm leaving well alone now tho!!
Xx

I read those things too and lots of other stuff about it that sounded worrying to me so I'm going to give it a miss. I so hope my cycle sorts itself out soon though x

Hi Cosmicgirl

I too have really long cycles. My last one was 49 days :( It has been really getting me down. I read on here that some people have tried Evening Primrose Oil up until OV so I have done that this cycle. Not sure if it has helped yet or not but thought it could be worth a shot?

I don't know when I am OV so I just took it up until day 12 to make sure I didn't miss OV. Planning on using OPKs next cycle. xx

I had a 37 day cycle the previous month and then this month i took half the recommended dosage of AC - I got my BFP on CD24 which I guessed was 10DPO .. making my cycle a 28 day cycle. After 14 months of trying I deffo think the AC helped me but hey who knows.

I was also taking Evening Primrose Oil previous cycles and this did make a huge difference in my EWCM and it also made my periods alot less painful. This is a more subtle alternative to Angus Castus I think and alot of women highly rate it x

Hi Cosmicgirl

I too have really long cycles. My last one was 49 days :( It has been really getting me down. I read on here that some people have tried Evening Primrose Oil up until OV so I have done that this cycle. Not sure if it has helped yet or not but thought it could be worth a shot?

I don't know when I am OV so I just took it up until day 12 to make sure I didn't miss OV. Planning on using OPKs next cycle. xx

Ooh I've not heard of that, I'll have a google, thanks
Hope you get your cycle down soon x

I had a 37 day cycle the previous month and then this month i took half the recommended dosage of AC - I got my BFP on CD24 which I guessed was 10DPO .. making my cycle a 28 day cycle. After 14 months of trying I deffo think the AC helped me but hey who knows.

I was also taking Evening Primrose Oil previous cycles and this did make a huge difference in my EWCM and it also made my periods alot less painful. This is a more subtle alternative to Angus Castus I think and alot of women highly rate it x

Thanks Lou, I think I'd prefer evening primrose to ac, deffo going to look into that x

No problem :)

If you do take it , just try to start of on a low dosage first and then gradually build it up. I went in full wack and it caused spotting mid cycle! Doh! Hopefully you won't need too tho :)

Xx

Hopefully, I'm off to the dr next week if no af x

I was going to suggest evening primrose!
I see on another forum that the ladies go on about soy isoflavins (sp??) - never looked into it, though...

Thanks sunny, I think it might be worth a try. I've decided once af is here I'm not going to ttc again until the end of the year - too many parties to go to and fun stuff to do ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back