Agnus castus

dita_parlo

Reaction score
Hello all, as some of you know I have started agnus castus this cycle. Not to regulate my cycles or anything, because I have a regular 27/28 day cycle; but for clearning up my acne. However, I'm now CD12 and no surge when usually I surge on CD11. Now I'm wondering, can AC actually lengthen your cycles? I've been thinking; if I ovulate on CD11, and have a 5day period, then there's only 6 days for my womb lining to build up, which obviously would affect implantation and could explain my 2 early mc's. Does this sound feasable to anyone else? Has anyone heard of AC actually lenthening their cycles?

I'm not too sure hun, i know it can fix LP defects but not sure about follicular phase.

Hope someone knows the answer for you :)

Hey,
Im sorry i really dont have any idea when it comes to this although i sincerely hope you get the answers you need :) xxx

I'm not sure about it lengthening cycles, but don't forget that implantation doesn't usually happen until 6-10dpo, so there is plenty of time for your lining to build up - it's more of an issue if your luteal phase is less than 10 days as implantation may not have occurred by the time the lining starts to shed x

I dont know ditta! Just didnt want to read and run! Hope you get your answer soon.

Hey Dita :wave:

I'm not to clued up on Agnus Castus but know can help if you have a short 2nd half (LP) but haven't seen anything where it increases the 1st half of your cycle

I hope you get the answers you need though

xxx

Thanks girlies, hmm it really is confusing me then, CD13 and still no smiley face. Will keep trying anyways!

Fx you get a nice smile face within the next few days :clover:

xxx

Hi Dita, just wondered how you are getting on with your Agnus Castus? Did you finally get your smiley face? I'm thinking of trying it next cycle because I am convinced I'm a late ovulator.

I got my smiley face on the clearblue digital ovulation sticks. I would highly recommend them! They are expensive, but you can buy them slightly cheaper on Amazon. I would never go back to the internet cheapys; they caused me so much stress and I never saw a definite line on them at all! Whereas the clearblue digi's have always produced a smiley face! If your cycles are regular, I would definitely try them hun xxx

Thx Dita you've given me some hope:) Do you think the Agnus Castus helped you this cycle?

I'm not sure TBH; I have really regular cycles anyways so I only took it to help with my acne; which it did help with, but now I've stopped it's come back GRRR!

Are you still using the OPK's?

Yep, no line at all this morning. **TMI WARNING** I might save up my wee this afternoon and try again. **TMI over apologies**

Been doing the OPK's since CD6 so I could catch and early OV. Nothing definitive using the cheapies so far and am on CD17 now. I may continue to next AF in case I'm a really late OV so at least I'll know then.

Good idea hun, I'd definitely keep going just in case. Do you test just the one time a day? I think most people who use the cheapies test twice a day. I know that personally I have a really short surge. For eg this month I tested at 7pm, no smiley face, tested at 7am, smiley face, then again at 4pm, no smiley face! So it can be really short, and if only testing once a day you may miss it xxx

Yep twice a day. Lucky the OPKs are cheap as chips. I have a Persona kit Ive never used. Gonna break this out next cycle too.

That's really interesting :)
I have really sore blemishes, perhaps AC will help?
I was reading about AC last night anyway, so I will definitely try some :)
Thanks for this thread Dita :) I hope you get your bfp soon xxx

Can I just ask also Dita, did you take the AC tablets or liquid? xxx

Thanks Tiffany! I hope we both get our BFP's this cycle! I took the tablets, and yes the main reason was for the sore blemishes and it really really helped! Good luck xxx

Thank you!
I'll look into hun, I feel like I should try something different this cycle :) xxx

I got some agnus castus yesterday to try and get my cycles back into a rhythm, after the pill they have been all over the place and I am currently on cd 51. I hadn't realised it would help with acne as well. That's great cos thats got really bad since coming off the pill as well. Just wondering if anybody knew if I can take it throughout my cycle or if just for the first half. I've read on here people just take it to ovulation but is that just in case you get pregnant and its not a good idea when pregnant or because its better not to take it everyday. I'm not ttc till May so was wondering if I can take it everyday till then. I want to start taking it now as I don't know when AF will come but should I wait till cd1. Thanks for any help. Oh and Dita I did read that it will lengthen short cycles and shorten long ones so I guess even if your cycle is a good length it might change it by a day or two which sounds like what might have happened with you. Glad you got your smiley face though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back