had my sweep

susie

Reaction score
wow went for hospital appt and they did a sweep :shock: more like a get on your hands and knees and scrub like bloody hell :eek: here's hoping it works :D :? they gave me another appt for next friday and will then give me induction date, i was hoping with all the pains and mucus loss i would have started by now but she said i was at the most 2cm dialated and being a 2nd time mum thats normal to be anyway i think :(

susie said:
wow went for hospital appt and they did a sweep :shock: more like a get on your hands and knees and scrub like bloody hell :eek: here's hoping it works :D :? they gave me another appt for next friday and will then give me induction date, i was hoping with all the pains and mucus loss i would have started by now but she said i was at the most 2cm dialated and being a 2nd time mum thats normal to be anyway i think :(

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: COME ON BABY!!!!!!

thank you for your well wishes :hug: i am sooo excited to meet our son and we are gutted he isnt here to open his advent calender tomorrow :( my dd and hubby were going to take it in turns to eat his chocky but will have to just settle for theres for a day of two lol i also feel guilty for being so impatient and wishing him here before he is ready.

I Hope it gets things started for you hun. Good Luck :hug: xxxxx

just niggles and more of my plug loss :shock: so no diffrent to the last week seems like my little horror will make his appearance when he wants, i really was hoping on this cos of all the horror stories on induction, i went to hospital yesterday and they didnt give me a date for induction yet will do that next fri at 40+8 is this normal to leave it so long without a date, my daughter is getting so impatient i fell so sorry for her she just cant wait for her brother to be here.

My 1st i had a sweep on my due date and 1 1/2 hours later i started.

Can't remember with my 2nd

with my 3rd i had a sweep about a week overdue and started 3 days after.

Usually they dont give you an induction date till about 10 days late, well thats here anyway.

still keeping everything x'd for you

still nothing :( lots of shows (how much mucas can one cervix hold) but no contractions, i'm at 36hrs post sweep so not holding much hope, i will be 41+1 when my next appt so hope i get induction date then even though i dont want to be induced :( thanks for your support and info it does really help :D

keeping fingers crossed that something starts happening soon hon... :hug: :hug:

Hi ladies,

What exactly is a sweep - is it another name for being induced or is it something else. What actually happens?

Just want to be prepared!!!

Cheers.

a rough internal examaination is the way i would describe it :( it doesnt hurt but is quite uncomfortable and it helps to stimulate your cervix and helps maybe get things going (not in my case yet)

dont worry too much about being induced susie, they are not all bad. I had an induction and everything went very well, i would not be bothered about having another one at all!
Hope things happen for you soon :hug: :hug:

Susie, if it doesn't happen by your next app, will you ask for another sweep?

I'm sure once they give you your induction dae you'll start naurally, i did and so have lots of other women.

:pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back