And our cloth journey begins :)

KirstyL

Reaction score
Ok so I've been reading up on what I'd need and am confused, I've brought 5 so far from a Facebook selling page, I've got a AIO itti Bitti d'lish with an additional booster, and 4 'pocket' type ones, 2 have separate inserts/boosters and the other 2 have them sewn in at one end...still very new to this, so hope I make sense.

Now, I wanted nappies where I didn't have to change the 'whole nappy' each time, one of the pockets I put on him this afternoon for baby group, and his trousers wasn't wet but when I changed him 2 hours later, the insert was wet obviously, but so was the nappy itself inside, meaning I had to change that too....not really want I wanted or expected, so am I doing something wrong? Do I need to add anything else to them inside, if so, what?

Also, can anyone tell me exactly what I'll need, so far I have just 5 nappies although ATM don't know which work for us, will I need loads of extra boosters? A nappy bucket? Argh!!! It all seems so new and complicated at the moment.x

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Hi there, hope I can answer some of your questions for ya :).
You're not doing anything wrong. With pocket nappies you still have to change the whole nappy every time, their only advantage is that they dry quicker than all in one nappies because you can remove the insert and dry it separately.

If you want a nappy where you won't need to change the whole nappy every time then you'll want something like a prefold or shaped nappy a separate waterproof wrap. With these you only need to change the wet/dirty nappy and reuse the wrap part, so you need many fewer wraps than the nappies. Have a google for 'Tots Bots bamboozle' or 'Flip nappy system' or something by Motherease to see what I mean. Then, if that's what you had in mind, buy a couple of nappies and a wrap and give then a go before committing to a whole set. I'd make sure you get the right size as wraps tend to come in different sizes even if the nappies themselves are adjustable and last from birth to potty.

You won't need any boosters unless the nappy leaks because the insert cannot absorb all of the pee or you need the nappy to last for a long time (overnight for example), then you put in the insert to increase the absorbency.

You'll need somewhere to store the wet nappies until you wash them (I wash every couple of days), nothing special, any old container with a lid will do (I got a box with a lid from ikea for mine). Other than that you're all set, just wash with a bit of normal detergent with a little nappy sanitizer (not essential though) and bingo!

It's only complicated in the beginning :). Once you get hold of something you like that works for you you'll struggle to remember how you managed using disposables!

Last edited:
i like the look of g nappies, they seem like a good system and they have been recommended by ppl on here. they are a outer and you just change the inner bit when wet or dirty and not the outer

I really want to try gnappys too just expensive! Might take the plunge soon and order a few, loads of people think they are good esp for travelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back