Nappy pics :)

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this thread to try to make the whole nappy thing a bit clearer, hope it helps!!

First off is a plain and simple All In One (AIO). The padding is the absorbent bit and the blue part is waterproof. This nappy can be used on it's own, with a booster, or with a booster and liner. Because it's just one thing it does take a while to dry.

Second pic is of a bamboo booster and disposable liner. The booster is for soaking up more wee, the liner is to catch poo :)

Third pic is a two-part pocket nappy. The insert is stuffed into a waterproof nappy. I find these a bit fiddly but they dry quicker as you can separate the two for drying. I also find I have to separate them before washing cos sometimes the inserts stay in the nappy and don't wash properly. So you tend to have to handle a bit more wet nappy.

Fourth is a two-part shaped nappy. The fabric one (on the left) goes on baby first then is covered by a waterproof outer. The outer can be used again with another fabric part so you need less outers to shaped nappies.

Fifth is my favourite two part nappy: the mothercare smartnappy. This is a prefold nappy - the insert is folded three times and you put it in the 'sling' of the outer. You can use the outer 2 or 3 times and just put in new inserts each time. They dry very quickly but I find they aren't that absorbent so I always tuck a booster in there too.

Attachments

• AIO.JPG
    AIO.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Booster and Liner.JPG
    Booster and Liner.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Pocket.JPG
    Pocket.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Shaped.JPG
    Shaped.JPG
    280.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Smartnappy In.JPG
    Smartnappy In.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 18
so many to choose from huh? With the pocket nappies do you need a liner too? whats the difference between a reusable liner and a booster? how good are the disposable liners for staying in place etc?

im also concerned that the poo will stain and wont come out in a 30 degree wash :-( i have enough trouble with food stains :-( even vanish wont get some stains out :-( xx

I would use a liner with all nappies now that our babies have more solid poo - at the beginning I didn't bother with liners as it was all liquid anyway lol! The disposable ones I used stay in place fine and it's usually fairly tidy. Reusable liners are thinner than boosters and don't really mop up any wee.

I've had a few nappies that I thought were stained with poo but all it takes is an hour or so in full sunshine and it bleaches it out every time! :) Much easier than food stains tbh!

Brilliant photos - no one I know did reuseables so have been looking some extra info on them :)

im so interested in this as i deffo wanna save money and try an do things a bit like old fashioned ways so BF and clothy sound awesome to me, will have a buying spree nearer to time and at least try it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back