Favourite Cloth nappies?

I've heard great things about the Flips but I cant get past the boring colours! Bamboozles are my newborn staple nappy of choice - love them!! Dont forget to try something AIO (all in one) or a pocket too Helen ;)

Ooooh thanks mm-yeah the colours are a bit boring x I have now made a list of the different types and I'm gonna tick them off x

I done it! I bought one today to try. The only trial packs mothercare had was their own brand called smart nappy. For 10 pound I got a nappy outer, a disposable pad, a reusable pad and 5 liners. I can't wait to try it out. Xx

he he, it is all exciting stuff, I have just ordered some more bamboozles, 2 BGV3 and a tots bot birth to potty, have ordered new as will get my council cash back :yay:

I am hoping that this should last me comfortabley for 2 days and I can figure out what works and what doesn't to then get more...

quite a few councils do schemes where you get cash back, trail packs or vouchers towards reusable nappies, Leeds do a spend 50 get 30 quid back or 2 nappies and disposable liners scheme....
Idea for a sticky mods? list of what councils do what???

The list keeps changing and with councils budgets being slashed I bet this will be one of the first things to go.

Toon - some councils offer a money back or incentive top use cloth. Have a butchers on your council website - mine doesnt but larger ones often do :)

I am actually quite impressed with the mother care smart nappy. I think its classed as a pocket nappy? (i am cluless :lol:) It fits really well, isn't bulky at all and you have the option of reusable inserts or disposable ones. I suppose if your out and about the disposable will be great! They are cheaper than alot of the others on the market but they only come in white :(

I am just having a look around now for more trial packs so i can sample some other ones. I'd like to try an all in one xx

It's a prefold with a wrap :) A pocket would literally have a pocket for you to stuff with an insert. The advantage of yours is that you can reuse the wrap (outer shell) a few times and they are quick drying compared to an all in one for example. Yours are like the Bum Genius 'Flips;. :)

I have a heap of junior joy flat nappies that are 'padded' and fold into three - not sure what they are or how to use them, might need to post a few pics so I can get some help with them. Im not entirely sure of what to do with them but I do want to use them as I have LOADS! :)

Just ordered this little lot :)

- 1 of: The Pop-In Bamboo Nappy Trial Pack - Birth to Potty - Duck egg
- 2 of: Bambino Mio Miosoft trial pack - small - white
- 1 of: Tots Bots Bamboozle trial pack - size 2 (18- 40lbs) - natural
- 1 of: Mothercare Smart Nappy soak
- 1 of: Kushies Ultra trial pack - Infant
- 1 of: Mothercare Smart Nappy starter pack
- 1 of: Mothercare Smart Nappy liners
- 1 of: Bambino Mio Nappy bucket and lid - White and Lavender
- 1 of: Mothercare Smart Nappy - 2 reusable nappy pads
I cant wait for my delivery :yay: xx

I have a heap of junior joy flat nappies that are 'padded' and fold into three - not sure what they are or how to use them, might need to post a few pics so I can get some help with them. Im not entirely sure of what to do with them but I do want to use them as I have LOADS! :)

They are 'prefolds' like the smart nappies or BG Flips i mentioned before :)

Ok so they can just go inside a wrap? I will have to have an experimental day with them I think :)

Yes. They're a basic flat nappy. I guess you could say the baby wears it like a pad between it's legs. The main disadvantage of the more basic prefolds/flat nappies is that they are one material and dont have a 'stay dry layer' on them so the moisture is against the baby's skin while being worn. Personally if I liked that type of nappy and it was working for me, then I'd add a fleece liner between the baby and the prefold which would give you a simple stay dry layer. Fleece kind if acts one way. It lets the wee through but not back again. :)

Ive just been up surveying my enormous collection of them! I have some shaped ones and some flat, I did think of using a liner - might order some from your good self to jazz them up a bit. I think I have just realised how many nappies I have for the early days, I had forgotten about my Bambino Mio flats too, just need to get some bigger wraps but they can wait til later on :)

Eeeee my god! I have 12 cloth nappies already :blush: think this could become an obsession!! Just washed the new ones, can't wait to try them :yay: xx

Oh god ordered more cloth nappies off a thread on the sister site! Got fluffy mail today as well, addicted much? X

The BTP pop in nappy is awesome! :yay: looks so comfy on lucas, and i love the duck egg colour. I really wanna try itti's, where do i buy them from? xx

I recommend the classifieds on cloth nappy tree or the thread on the sister site ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back