an update on amy leigh

aww thats amazing news chick im so pleased for yous... i told my mum bout her when u had her lol so she keeps asking me how she is lol so ill be able to give her good news!!! :D am sure ur hearts melting when she smiles!!! :D xxx

aww thats amazing news chick im so pleased for yous... i told my mum bout her when u had her lol so she keeps asking me how she is lol so ill be able to give her good news!!! :D am sure ur hearts melting when she smiles!!! :D xxx

awww that is so sweet lol yeah her smile is so cute lol hard to describe what it feels like when she smiles lol but all is good i so cant wait till we get her home its going to be amazing lol :love::dance:

lol it will be sooo amazing. i filled mum in she thinks its great news too lol!! shell prob end up on this forum in no time !!! amys story is amazing and shes a gorg wee fighter and you should be very proud of her and of yourself and your oh how well both of you have coped esp under all the circumstances and crap!! lol im getting soppy gotta goo!!! lol xxx

lol yeah its been a stressful tym but shes doing great she still hasnt been transferred yet as the hospital she was going to has no beds till hopefully monday grrr theyve mucked me about a bit lol saying one thing one minute then another the next so i wont be able to see her till she gets transferred coz if i go tomoz or sunday and i get up there and shes not there would be a total waste of time if you know what i mean lol

Awww Amy is gorgeous, hope she's transferred very soon xx

yeah the other half sed tonight shes not having aboy friend till she leaves home hehe lol

lol!!! fingers crossed they transfer her soon!!! yeah shes adorable... i cant wait till you get her home and are able to take some good pix of her smiling and all tho lol im excited for those!!! :D xxx

lol yeah ill have better photos then lol her in her clothes instead of baby grows lol well the sugeon sed that hes happy to let her go to airedale when they havea bed available

Last edited:
:yay: She must be doing so well :)

Will you be closer to the hospital then?

yeah shell only be 10 miles away then so its cheaper and easier to get too

well i was on the phone today to see why she needs to go to airedale and they sed they just need to keep check on her breather for a week to see how she does coz shes just got the stents taking out. but if they dont have a bed then theyll keep her in leeds and reassess her to see if shes fit to come home fro there

Are the hospital wanting you to stay with Amy for a few days before they let her home?

im not sure they never sed but most likely i will be so i can get upto feed her during the night so i can get use to doing it at home

Yeah hospitals are understandably picky before letting lo's go home when they've been in SCBU.

I'll give you a tip ;) The more time you spend with Amy during the day and everyday the better chance you have of getting her home sooner :) They like for you to have done at least 50/50 care in the last week or so (so thats like full days in the hospital from morning until night :) )

yeah i think that is also the reason for her being transferred to so i can be wither more aswell

Yeah hospitals are understandably picky before letting lo's go home when they've been in SCBU.

I'll give you a tip ;) The more time you spend with Amy during the day and everyday the better chance you have of getting her home sooner :) They like for you to have done at least 50/50 care in the last week or so (so thats like full days in the hospital from morning until night :) )

Is that so they know you have a proper bond with them? So you know their little quirks maybe - like their cues when they are hungry or tired or what ever? I suppose some babies in SCBU being looked after by nurses are going to feel more secure with them if that's what they know. :|

Last edited:

Is that so they know you have a proper bond with them? So you know their little quirks maybe - like their cues when they are hungry or tired or what ever? I suppose some babies in SCBU being looked after by nurses are going to feel more secure with them if that's what they know. :|

Yeah basically that's it :) It was a nurse told me in Special care, I was having to travel over an hour when my little girl (who is now nearly 11 ), drop one child at school, another at playschool, have the housework done before I left at 8.30am and was at the hospital by 10 every morning for 3 weeks. She had told me to take a day off but I felt I got so little time with her anyway :( that I needed to get there every day so she knew who her mum was. Anyway the nurse said it leaves things very easy for them when its time for discharge as they know I've done lots of her care :)

Then when my little man was in I then had 3 kids to sort and had to do a bigger distance (as we'd moved) for nearly 8 weeks :( Tbh I'd have camped out there if need be and one night when I was having a bad day and little man was having a bad day I camped out in the hospital cafe overnight :oooo:

i do most of her care wne i go up there i leave mine at eight on the morning get there for about 11 depending on train and leve there at about 6 pm or 8pm then get home or if i do stay at the hospital i have her in the room and the nurse just comes in every few hours to see if were ok or if i need anything

they sed they phone me tomorrow morning to let me know if shes being transferred or not so if sh does i can meet her at the hospital its not that bad the hospital is only about 10 miles away from me and easy to get to and hopefully i can stay a few nights b4 she can come home i think the nurse sed shes going to ask them about that too. they sed theyll give her aweek of recovery and monitoring with her stents taken out and then shell be discharge to me and ill just need to go to airedale for few outpatient appointments then ill get her date in 8 weeks time to go back up to leeds to take her there for her nose to be looked at and stretched again but they wont put the tubes back in they just use some kind of instrument to stretch them then shell be in there for a few more days then out then not need to go back till another 8 weeks

they were talking about keeping her in for another 8 weeks for her other apointment but the surgeon says there is no medical reason why she would need to stay in that long and that it would be depriving me of being a mother and not get to bond with her and would make it harder to bring her up coz there wouldnt be much bond there at all so he argue the case that she goes to airedale for a week they reveiw her at the end and if shes doing good then discharge he he also sed if she ws to stay in that long they might aswell adopt her lmao i laughed at this coz i know he was only joking. he sed to the nurse do you not think 6 weeks away from her mother is enuff apart from when she can visit and stay. he had a right go at them so they agreed with her going to airedale tomoz but if not shell stay there and well pick her up within the week providing i have a carseat and can stop 2 nights b4 she gets discharge but they really want her to have another week in hospital to get the all clear off airdale

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back