How are everyones babies getting on!

AugustMum

Reaction score
Thought I'd just see how everyones little angels are doing!

Paige is now sleeping from 8-9 until about 5am now so shes getting good at the whole night sleeping thing! Shes smiling and 'talking' to us everyday now and been rolling onto her side for a while. :) In the past two weeks shes put on 7oz so now weighs 9lb 7oz :D and at her 6 week check she was 53cm long.

How are your LOs sleeping? Anyone got a magical baby that sleeps 12 hours yet?

Hope everyones well! xxx

well, oscar is 12 weeks now!! smiles a lot and needs to be held aaaaall the time lol!!

sleeps from when we go to bed which is about 10 , wakes about 2ce for boob and gets up when we do, between 7.30 & 8

he is such a mummys boy!!

hey melio, long time no speak.

last night we started a strong routine with finley
6/6.30-bath
7-bottle and cuddle
7.30-bed up stairs on his own in his moses basket with monitor on

i kinda felt lost last night cuz he normally falls asleep down stairs and we take him up with us when we go 2 bed. trying my best 2 get him into a rountine in a hope that it helps him sleep through. was all going well last night until he woke up at 9 and wanted feeding and wudnt settle then until 11pm!! but i'm gonna stick at it however hard it gets.

finley now weighs a huge 12lb 10oz!! and he's 9 weeks on friday. loving his smiles and he 'talks' 2.
took him for his injections 2day poor little man felt so sorry for him.

Wow paige sleeps well. Morgan has settled into a routine of going to bed 8 after his bathtime routine and then i feed him at 11pm and go to bed myself. for the last week hes then woken at 3am for a feed then 7amish. today he slept til8 and OH fed him at half 10 last night so i could go to bed at 9. and he still woke at 3am.

I reckon im gonna try and reduce the amount he takes at 3am gradually to get him to sleep through. or do you think i should try and shift the times to like midnight and 6am to gradually stretch the time gap. im so desparate for him to sleep all night!!!

Wow paige sleeps well. Morgan has settled into a routine of going to bed 8 after his bathtime routine and then i feed him at 11pm and go to bed myself. for the last week hes then woken at 3am for a feed then 7amish. today he slept til8 and OH fed him at half 10 last night so i could go to bed at 9. and he still woke at 3am.

I reckon im gonna try and reduce the amount he takes at 3am gradually to get him to sleep through. or do you think i should try and shift the times to like midnight and 6am to gradually stretch the time gap. im so desparate for him to sleep all night!!!

im desperate 2 lol. finn usually goes from about 8pm till 2.30/3am but sometimes want a feed about 10pm. i think uve just gotta go along with what they want and they'll gradually go longer because they have more during the day and fill up more. thata what i think anyway lol

yeah i think youre right. so frustrating tho when i hear of babies who sleep for like 12 hours straight! Im sooooo tired!

yeah i think youre right. so frustrating tho when i hear of babies who sleep for like 12 hours straight! Im sooooo tired!

dont worry i am 2, ur not on ur own. last night i just broke down crying i was that tired and finn wouldnt go 2 sleep. steve woke up and went mad at me for not asking him 4 help. didnt want 2 ake him as he was due in work early

yeah im the same. i dont like seeing OH go to work looking totally exhausted so i just get on myself. i got up the other night for Morgan and i was so tired i had to hold onto the wall to steady myself cos i couldnt walk straight!!! we're going to stay with my parents sunday til tuesday cos its OHs bday and we're going out for a meal so they can babysit, but seriosly i'd rather sleep while theyre watching him! what do you reckon? Happy Birthday, i got you a nap as your gift :lol:!!!

yeah im the same. i dont like seeing OH go to work looking totally exhausted so i just get on myself. i got up the other night for Morgan and i was so tired i had to hold onto the wall to steady myself cos i couldnt walk straight!!! we're going to stay with my parents sunday til tuesday cos its OHs bday and we're going out for a meal so they can babysit, but seriosly i'd rather sleep while theyre watching him! what do you reckon? Happy Birthday, i got you a nap as your gift :lol:!!!

ha ha! i'd love that as a pressie. i alays say i'll have a sleep in the day but i never do, silly really. i was falling asleep last night feeding him felt awful.hopefully ur inlaws mite help out and u can get some rest then x

Oh amy, Paige is the complete opposite! She hates being held for too long! She much prefers to lie on the floor nattering away to herself.

Tiny I just let Paige figure her own feeding out during the night. She started to drop her 11pm feed first. And over the past week or 2 shes slowly stretching out the 3am feed to half 3, then to 4am ect ect. I jumped the gun a little this morning and fed her at half 4 but she wasnt really awake and only took 1oz then woke up at 6am, took 5oz, went back to sleep until quater to 10 :) I think soon she'll soon just wake up around 6am, take a feed then go back to sleep. But it all goes so slowly.

hey melio, long time no speak.

last night we started a strong routine with finley
6/6.30-bath
7-bottle and cuddle
7.30-bed up stairs on his own in his moses basket with monitor on

i kinda felt lost last night cuz he normally falls asleep down stairs and we take him up with us when we go 2 bed. trying my best 2 get him into a rountine in a hope that it helps him sleep through. was all going well last night until he woke up at 9 and wanted feeding and wudnt settle then until 11pm!! but i'm gonna stick at it however hard it gets.

finley now weighs a huge 12lb 10oz!! and he's 9 weeks on friday. loving his smiles and he 'talks' 2.
took him for his injections 2day poor little man felt so sorry for him.

Paige has her injections next tuesday and I cant be there!!! Her dads taking her instead. :(

Finleys putting weight on well :D Paige has put on 7 1/2oz in 2 weeks...not really sure why her weight gain has slowed so much. She was putting on over double that before.

Emily is doing well. She went to sleep last night at 9 and slept through till 7. She had a feed and then went to sleep again till 10. She has not slept AT ALL during the day today and is starting to get very crabby now!! I dont expect her to sleep like that every night but if I can have that every other night or so it makes things alot easier.

Took her to be weighed today before her jabs and she is a whopping 9lbs 13oz! I know thats not alot to some of you but for her thats massive :)

I truley think when it comes to sleeping they do it when they are ready. When Emily woke in the night I used to be so tired and crabby that Rob would say "just you go back to bed". He is so good. Now, we both get up if she wakes and change her nappy together xxx

I don't want to brag but my lo slept 12 hours last night. For the last week she had gone up to 11 hours and then she gave me the magical 12 - all thanks to her finding her thumb i say. She doesn't wake up and cry anymore just happily sucks away until i pick her up. She is one contented baby, sleeps most of the day and wakes up about 4pm to play with the children when they are home from school, has her bath about 6.30 and goes to bed between 7 and 7.30pm.
She had her 6-8 weeks check today and all is well she up to 14lb and about 63cm!
She coos and smiles for everyone and is a particular fan of my son who can entertain her for ages before she gets tired. I thought having four would be harder than three but its like having free entertainment for my other three, i just have to do heaps of washing lol.
But all babes are different and they will all be sleeping through the night and as a seasoned mum i would say enjoy every minute and don't wish their time away as they will soon be answering back, telling you they won't wear that and asking you not to kiss them in public!

It's great to read about everyones LO's!! Glad they're all doing well :)

Cahal is changing by the day! Still feeding little and often so I'm completely knackered although the length of time between night time feeds is starting to get longer now, phew!

Cahal spends most of the day grinning from ear to ear which is lovely, he is a truly happy baby and (touch wood) the colic seems to be much, much better now. I am still breast feeding after hitting a wall of thrush and sore nipples a few weeks ago but a trip to the doctors and much teeth gritting (my god it hurt!) saw us through!

Weight-wise he is doing well, now up to 9lb 15oz from 7lb 11oz and maintaining his line nicely which is great. He looks so different now he's a bit bigger, still got the massive grey eyes though, I'm really hoping they stay that colour too but I guess only time will tell!

Livs not too bad. I feel so guilty though as I've given her my cold :( poor baby! Other then that she's her usual self :love: she now giggles which melts my heart everytime! Glad everyone elses babas are good xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

annabelles half wonderful half starnge. he bedtime routine is like clockwor. bed at 7 (i do a straict routine) sleeps till about 1.2am hthen feed, staright back to sleep till 5 am feed. and then doesnt wanna go back to sleep lol.

shes a good girl, weighs 12lb now!!! but atm she is crying a lot more than usual. just made a post about it so im a bit concerned as she was a typical angel baby and barely EVER cried till recently x

aww poor liv! morgan had a bit of a cold this week too. we got some nasosal drops which cleared his nose well.

just to update you guys, morgan dropped his 11pm feed last night. i put him down at 9 and he woke at 3.30!! I was hoping he'd drop the 3am feed first but never mind!!

annabelles half wonderful half starnge. he bedtime routine is like clockwor. bed at 7 (i do a straict routine) sleeps till about 1.2am hthen feed, staright back to sleep till 5 am feed. and then doesnt wanna go back to sleep lol.

shes a good girl, weighs 12lb now!!! but atm she is crying a lot more than usual. just made a post about it so im a bit concerned as she was a typical angel baby and barely EVER cried till recently x

gosh i dont think i could get up at 5am on a regular basis!! hats off to you!

You girls wow me, it must just be me, but I haven't got a clue about Austin's routine! I know he doesn't last very long between feeds, but I couldn't say at what times he 'usually' wakes or anything! And thats with my nan STILL calling every morning asking when he fed in the night, giving me her opinion etc!

I do know he hasn't gone longer than 3 hours yet though, and in the night I think it might be less. Most evenings he'll nurse for about 3 hours, falling asleep every now and again for 15 mins I guess.

Think all his feeding is paying off though, Health visitor came Tuesday, and he'd gone up to 11lb 9ozs! Thats 91st percentile! All his vests now are 3-6 months, and he's not quite 5 weeks yet!

wow :yay: hes obviously very busy growing!!! i remember thinking my health visitor was mental when she asked if we had a routine. its ont realy the last 10 days we've had a 'typical' night that i can describe. dont be hard on yourself, whatever works for you works. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back